Obama reads

• Thread starter Thread starter Cancel5
  • Start date Start date
C

Cancel5

What Obama's Reading
Bill Burton at today's WH press briefing, Oak Bluffs School Filing Center edition:

And here's what's on the reading list, because I know that some folks have been asking -- it's long: "The Way Home," by George Pelecanos; Tom Friedman's "Hot, Flat and Crowded"; Richard Price's "Lush Life"; Kent Haruf's "Plainsong"; and "John Adams" by David McCullough.
--Michael Crowley

http://blogs.tnr.com/tnr/blogs/the_plank/archive/2009/08/24/what-obama-s-reading.aspx

Friedman WTF? I guess he really is trying to be bipartisan!

Wow, you're right!

Who the hell reads Mr. "Only 6 More Months" Friedman, without laughing out loud?

Mr. Deregulation should be laughed out of any polite conversation.

I read some of Hot Flat and Crowded and could only take so much and stopped. If that is "right-wing" then I need to seriously redefine myself.

I read some of Hot Flat and Crowded and could only take so much and stopped. If that is "right-wing" then I need to seriously redefine myself.

No, but implementation can be some what imperialistic, South America.

I don't see you as right winged as you believe yourself to be.

Anything by David McCullough is worth reading. Especially a biography on my favourite founding father, which inspired Tom Hanks to make a miniseries on HBO, and helped inspire me to write a senior thesis.

Anything by David McCullough is worth reading. Especially a biography on my favourite founding father, which inspired Tom Hanks to make a miniseries on HBO, and helped inspire me to write a senior thesis.

I read his John Adams book as well as his Harry Truman and 1776 books. All are excellent. David McCullough is the man.

I have heard he is good, too many books, too little time.

3D, as a personal favor. Please don't attach the girly pics. It can get people in trouble at work.

Oh, my bad. hehehe

I'm sure Friendman is a brilliant economist but I can imagine him reading like the Code of Federal Regulations and I do that enough at work. I couldn't imagine reading him in my leisure time.

We're talking about the NY Times reported Thomas Friedman who is their international expert, not Milton Friedman. Thomas Friedman is the guy who wrote The World is Flat and his latest book is Hot Flat and Crowded (or something like that). His newest book is actually about the new greening jobs around the globe (sort of) and is probably something you might enjoy or appreciate at least (i think).

I've recently brought out my copy of "Atlas Shrugged" and have been looking to read it as soon as I finish the novel I'm currently reading. Somebody should send Obama a copy.

We're talking about the NY Times reported Thomas Friedman who is their international expert, not Milton Friedman. Thomas Friedman is the guy who wrote The World is Flat and his latest book is Hot Flat and Crowded (or something like that). His newest book is actually about the new greening jobs around the globe (sort of) and is probably something you might enjoy or appreciate at least (i think).
Oh well no don't I feel like a dummy. It's been a while since I read the grey lady so I had not heard of Tom Friedman and yes, that is a topic I'm very much interested in.

Back