Obsessive Moisturizing Pays Off

You should start using oil of olay. Its pretty cheap and it doesn't way your skin down and can have an SPF of about 30. You definitely need it.

I've got some pretty badass sunscreen, sprayon, SPF 70, doesn't stink, and doesn't stick unlike those stupid lotions. I still don't wear it that often though. Should I honestly put that crap on daily? I spend most of my time indoors anyway.

I have been neglecting to put sunscreen on when I have band, because we stay outside only like an hour four days a week and I don't ever get a sunburn.

I've got some pretty badass sunscreen, sprayon, SPF 70, doesn't stink, and doesn't stick unlike those stupid lotions. I still don't wear it that often though. Should I honestly put that crap on daily? I spend most of my time indoors anyway.

definitely

especially if you're that pale.

definitely

especially if you're that pale.

450_ap_harry_080505.jpg

Yeah I'm pretty pale.

Yeppers. I've been in band since sixth grade. I've never been a really great player. But I can play sax, guitar, and piano.

My degree is in music, but to be honest with you I always hated marching band lol. Two semesters were required for my major but i managed to get out of both...first one I broke my ankle at the first game, and second one I made a deal with the director that I would teach sectionals if he would let me out of rehearsals and the games. Never made sense to me why an oboe player had to choose another instrument and march.

My degree is in music, but to be honest with you I always hated marching band lol. Two semesters were required for my major but i managed to get out of both...first one I broke my ankle at the first game, and second one I made a deal with the director that I would teach sectionals if he would let me out of rehearsals and the games. Never made sense to me why an oboe player had to choose another instrument and march.

I'm in marching band mainly because my friends are there, and because of the scholarship. I do actually know a lot about musical theory, but it's self-taught, so I have a ridiculous amount of deep knowledge in some extremely narrow areas I found interesting (like just intonation and alternate tunings), and I know practically nothing about humongous extremely important things (like rhythm). :P

Mostly when I sit in marching band I can't wait for it to get over. I deliberately performed bad to get into a shadow position so that I wouldn't have to work hard.

I think they just don't write marching parts for the Oboe. It's just not a marching band instrument. Our drum major played oboe though, which I mention cus she was uber-uber-hot.

It's kind of interesting, my high school band was the best band in Mississippi. We went and marched in the inaugral parade. My junior college band is also one of the best in the nation. It's kind of crazy - we actually had a sign that announced that our school was the home of the Stone High School marching band coming into Wiggins. The football team was so jealous.

Last edited:
Back