Of what religion are you?

What's your religion?

• Atheism

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Agnostiscim (Just admit it! You're atheist-lights!)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buddhist

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Christian

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Mormon

• Muslim

• Non-affiliated (a synonym for agnostic, but some people just like to be pedantic and will complain

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Scientoligist (Give Xenu my respects)

• Jewish (Hey Adam)

• Wiccan

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • None of the Above

• Pastafarian (Have you Been Touched by his Noodly Goodness?)

• Total voters
Ok then let me be clearer. I do not believe in the existence of a higher power. I have seen no evidence to contradict me. All the miricles of the bible quit after the advent of news reporting agencies. No parting of the red sea, no walls of jericho falling at the sound of a trumpet, no earth stopping its rotation so gods chosen army could win the battle with daylight to spare. Matter of fact, the guy is reported to have visited plagues on Egypt when they held about 200,000 of his people in bondage but when Hitler was busy killing 6 million of them the guy took a vacation. If there really was a god, he has been an absentee landlord for quite some time.

Just to beat the libs to it....

Bush got elected.... TWICE... what more of a miracle do you want?

Umm I have no evidence that God or an afterlife exists, therfore it takes no faith to believe they do not exist.
to believe in something you cannot prove exists however does take faith. this is the difference in it being a religion and not to me. the faith angle.

As does the belief that something does not exist.... even though you cannot prove that either.

That is the point. Either way, it is a belief. For someone to say that "god does not exist" is FAITH. They believe they are correct... even though no one can prove or disprove their belief.

Umm I have no evidence that God or an afterlife exists, therfore it takes no faith to believe they do not exist.
to believe in something you cannot prove exists however does take faith. this is the difference in it being a religion and not to me. the faith angle.
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Sometimes cliches are also true. :)

You have no evidence that God or an afterlife exists but to conclude that neither exists, while perfectly reasonable, does require a (minimal) act of faith.

Technically -- and we really need AnyOldIron to step in and do this properly -- gravity may very well stop working at some point. We conclude that it will not, based on experience, but that conclusion is just the result of inductive reasoning. I accept the validity of inductive logic myself but it's still not empirical fact, as such.

That's actually what I was trying to say ;).

But if "gravity will always work" cannot be accepted as fact, what can?

Ok then let me be clearer. I do not believe in the existence of a higher power. I have seen no evidence to contradict me. All the miricles of the bible quit after the advent of news reporting agencies. No parting of the red sea, no walls of jericho falling at the sound of a trumpet, no earth stopping its rotation so gods chosen army could win the battle with daylight to spare. Matter of fact, the guy is reported to have visited plagues on Egypt when they held about 200,000 of his people in bondage but when Hitler was busy killing 6 million of them the guy took a vacation. If there really was a god, he has been an absentee landlord for quite some time.

For some odd reason, God just stopped working as soon as the era of logic and understanding happened, and empiracal proof was required of people's claims.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Sometimes cliches are also true. :)

You have no evidence that God or an afterlife exists but to conclude that neither exists, while perfectly reasonable, does require a (minimal) act of faith.

It's not in anyway an unshakable, Christian-like faith. I could change at a moments notice.

Back