Off to Bar Harbor Region

Care4all

Contributor
well, we finally have a closing date on the sale of our house, Novenber 17th...

so Matt and I have rented a furnished house up there for a month so we can look for a house to buy around there...

the house we are renting is right on a lake but it does not have broadband so it will be dial up for me...yuk...

you may not see me much! Not that this matters but just though I would give an fyi... :D

care

Well, we'll miss you even if you think we won't... I'm glad you found a great house out there.

The house we are renting on the Lake Furnished is only $500 bucks for the MONTH.... the hotel room up there at a Holiday inn is $120 a night so we searched for something cheaper and found this home for rent...we have befriended the owners of the vacation home over the phone and they have set us up with a realtor friend of theres and have given us the skivvy on the area...they are so excited that some new people have chosen to move to their region permanently....it's a kick!

care

I will miss all of you since I am a jpp ADDICT! :)

The house we are renting on the Lake Furnished is only $500 bucks for the MONTH.... the hotel room up there at a Holiday inn is $120 a night so we searched for something cheaper and found this home for rent...we have befriended the owners of the vacation home over the phone and they have set us up with a realtor friend of theres and have given us the skivvy on the area...they are so excited that some new people have chosen to move to their region permanently....it's a kick!

care

its cheap b/c its Maine. plus Maineman and property valuation have an inverse relationship....he probably lives in the area.
:cig:
:ILUM:

care

If that house is still available for rent come spring, I'll take it, I mean it. Let them know.

I am in ellsworth maine in the parking lot of a Shaws grocery store and the town of wllsworth has free WIFI...

We still have not gotten to the house we are renting on the lake yet, but we forgot kitty litter for our cat so we had to stop....

This is soooooooooo cool, I had read on the internet that they had free wifi in town, where we are going it will be dial up...so probably real slow...

my guess is that as a summer rental near bar harbor, it will command that much a week - easy

Are you kidding...this one gets 1600 a week during season in the summer...
we may rent it all winter and put our furniture in storage, or at least until we find a home to buy....

this is just so cool that I can sit in the parking lot of a grocery store and type this stuff to you all! :)

Yes Dave, Bar Harbor/Mt Desert Island is one of the most beautiful places in the world imo...well, at least in summah! as they say here! :D

We've been looking at some farm houses that have guest houses above their Barns or garages, if we buy one YOU GOT A DEAL...! :D

I'm your renter if that happens. I'll fly out of this shit box so fast and head up to Maine. That would be the shreds!

Are you kidding...this one gets 1600 a week during season in the summer...
we may rent it all winter and put our furniture in storage, or at least until we find a home to buy....

this is just so cool that I can sit in the parking lot of a grocery store and type this stuff to you all! :)

Yes Dave, Bar Harbor/Mt Desert Island is one of the most beautiful places in the world imo...well, at least in summah! as they say here! :D

Welcome to vacationland care....I am glad you made it. Let mne know when you want to visit the capital city and let my wife and I entertain you two!

Welcome to vacationland care....I am glad you made it. Let mne know when you want to visit the capital city and let my wife and I entertain you two!

You got it maine man..,..

We close on our house November 17 th and will be up here permanently ...

It has been one hell of a roller coaster...we sold our house the 3rd day on the market, but it was a contingency...that they sell their home first....we gave them 60 days...they could not sell their home and wanted us to give them another 30 days to do such, we said no thanks, because we felt that 60 days was enough...so we let the contingency fall...

Then we put the house back on the market again and a week later we had two people interested in buying it again with offers....one contingent on her selling her own house and the other one, was a free and clear offer.... which was nearly 15 k less than listing price but also wanted us to take all of our BRAND NEW Matag kitchen appliances because they were white and she wanted black or had black appliances to bring there which cost us about $3 grand, the woman with the contingency on selling her house was willing to give us full listing price, the other couple hardballed us.... it so happened that my realtor found this couple so there were no other agencies involved
..... I kept refusing the deal on the offer and counter offers...my realtor broke and she reduced our commision we owed them, down to 3.5% of the sale verses the 5% and we made ourselves a deal with the SOLID off....in the end even though their offer was 15k less than the other woman, it ended up only being about 5-7k less than the contingent woman....

We thought it was worth it...to take less money after we had been through the disappointment with the first offer we accepted that was contingent on selling their home....

It has been a roller coaster. Our inspection is today with the new accepted offer couple....we expect it to be fairly smooth because we had been through an inspection already with the first couple thqat bought the house...keep your fingers crossed....

anyway....we will be going back and forth from this place and our home in mass over the next month...

care

Last edited:
Oh, Care, I'm so envious! Bar Harbor is very near where I grew up -- just take the ferry across the Bay and you're in my home town. It's the most beautiful place in the world. You'll love it. All the very best to you.

Thorn.

Back