Off to Bar Harbor Region

Oh, Care, I'm so envious! Bar Harbor is very near where I grew up -- just take the ferry across the Bay and you're in my home town. It's the most beautiful place in the world. You'll love it. All the very best to you.

Thorn.

On Nova Scotia? This region is the most beautiful area in the world, or one of few....imo! Where are ya now Thorn and why did you move?

Care

On Nova Scotia? This region is the most beautiful area in the world, or one of few....imo! Where are ya now Thorn and why did you move?

Care

Yes, Yarmouth. Now I'm in the southern part of the Texas panhandle in the medical school. It's been a long and circuitous road here, mostly education and career-driven.

Why did I move in the first place? My parents didn't ask my permission, but it was almost "kicking and screaming" time (I wasn't the type for that, though!) when they carted us off to Toronto. I'm still in touch with some friends in N.S. My grandparents are gone now, as is most of the extended family. My husband, who's from NJ, doesn't want to deal with snow any more or I'd be campaigning to move back there in a flash. After all these years I still get homesick when somebody comes back from vacation with pictures of the area. The naturalist and the artist in me cry to be there! I know you're just going to love it. (Guess that's why you're moving there! :p )

Back