OH Boy! Pardoning himself?

Yeah, it's cool Grind. Too bad the common grunts who are following their orders don't enjoy the same immunity.

But then, that's the Republican way.

Personal responsiblity for everybody...except rich white men.

And if you're not a rich white man, and I mean rich baby, and you vote for them?

You deserve what they give you.

You mean like environmentalist AL Gore and his private jet?

Oh My God, Heaven Help us!

The House of Representatives passed their version of the intelligence bill that was in the news last week regarding interorgations/torture this afternoon.

This is the Bill that President Bush and a lot of Republicans like Senator McCain, and Senator Grahm and others finally came to a compromise with the whitehouse on....

Well, it turns out ...that whole stink that was going on about how and who should define torture, the President or Congress was a decoy....slight of hand....bait and switch...smoke and mirrors, or whatever the heck you want to call it...

Why? YOu may ask....

Guess what is hidden in the middle of the House Bill on this....?

Here's where the Oh, My God! comes in..... :)

Hidden in this bill is a pardon....oh yes...

Not just a pardon, but Retroactive Immunity back to September 11th, giving pardons to President Bush and his entire administration or anyone directed by him to do such crimes or break such laws and for any and ALL, WAR CRIMES they may be charged with....HOW MANY were there and what LAWS did he break?

Can you say total ARROGANCE?

Even President Nixon had Ford Pardon him....he didn't pardon himself backhandely through using crooked congressmen...the speaker, and others...

But President Bush and vice President Cheney had the Republican Leadership opf the house of Representative put this in to the very fine print of the bill.....

THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!

I just heard this on the 24/7 News...I think it was cnn...

if this is true, then we ALL NEED TO SEND OUR Senators and Reps telling them to remove this IMMUNITY for the President and his staff....

From what they said, the President, after the supreme court said that the Geneva convention needed to be followed in a guantanimo case I believe, he is in fear of being charged with war crimes for past deeds that he or the vp ordered and others executed.

I would like to see more on this,

however, Immunity is not the same as a pardon, Immunity simply means they can't be charged. That of course (IMHO) is not the right way to go.

(edited)SORRY DAMO, once more I seem to have repeated what you have said

I hadn't read your opinion before I posted this.

Last edited:
Back