OMG bad dog!!! bad dog!!

not compatible

Well time to google for a shell

Yeah sometimes the connecters are different.

It may be Serial ATA, IDE, etc...

You could just get an adapter, again, but the shell would, at this point, be easier, and you could use it as an external hard drive for both your laptop and desktop in the future.

It doesn't matter what operating system. The files are there, and any of the newer Windows systems will be able to access them. And how, exactly, do you "extract" an .HTML file?

extract an HTML file? You just save it to the new location. By extract i meant i want to get it out and that's all. I don't need to use the hard drive, i just want my damn scripts and images.

rhphua.jpg

I just realized this thing has a web cam.
LOL sweet
I didn't even really look at it. I just needed a damn computer, but this acer kicks ass. I'm not crazy about vista, but it's not that bad actually. The battery lasts for five hours. The last junker I had never lasted more than an hour. LOL what a piece of crap

So watermark was right, I need to STFU about vista. it works.

rhphua.jpg

I just realized this thing has a web cam.
LOL sweet
I didn't even really look at it. I just needed a damn computer, but this acer kicks ass. I'm not crazy about vista, but it's not that bad actually. The battery lasts for five hours. The last junker I had never lasted more than an hour. LOL what a piece of crap

So watermark was right, I need to STFU about vista. it works.

I've been using Vista for a couple of years now. It took a little getting used to but I've learned to appreciate it. We've had no problems at all.

Now for your other problem ... you really need to dogproof your electrical connections, etc. Sometimes it's awkward, but my guys simply have no access to wires and plugs. I block plugs and wires off, cover them over, and sometimes elevate them. This has been the case since the dogs were puppies, and now they're just not interested in wires, etc. As little guys they did chew through one of the security system wires to a window. I'm just glad they didn't get a shock.

Last edited:
I've been using Vista for a couple of years now. It took a little getting used to but I've learned to appreciate it. We've had no problems at all.

Now for your other problem ... you really need to dogproof your electrical connections, etc. Sometimes it's awkward, but my guys simply have no access to wires and plugs. I block plugs and wires off, cover them over, and sometimes elevate them. This has been the case since the dogs were puppies, and now they're just not interested in wires, etc. As little guys they did chew through one of the security system wires to a window. I'm just glad they didn't get a shock.

yeah, and I'm not leaving it plugged in when I'm not here. The short happened because the power was still connected. I bet the dog got a nasty little shock and quick biting it. hehehe The computer was on its last leg anyway. I just want to get my files and my scripts. Lot of hours of work trapped on that damn disk. I'm actually glad that I had to get this thing. I was looking pretty ghetto with my other laptop. The supports for the screen had broken long ago and I made wire harness to hold it. You would have laughed if you saw it. I'll probably take it apart and look for the short. Obviously some protection device is shutting it off before it fries. So some sensor designed to fry has indeed done so and it needs to be replaced. It's not worth fixing unless I can do it myself. Here comes another obsession. LOL

No it's slow on startup. really slow. takes almost 40 seconds to boot up. My last junker only took about 20 seconds

I honestly never shut the thing down... if I need to power my laptop down, I always use sleep, or hibernate. That said, Vista is pretty slow on startups compared to XP.

Then again, XP's sleep feature was practically unusable. I can never get the damn thing to even work.

I honestly never shut the thing down... if I need to power my laptop down, I always use sleep, or hibernate. That said, Vista is pretty slow on startups compared to XP.

Then again, XP's sleep feature was practically unusable. I can never get the damn thing to even work.

I loved how quick my cheapie laptop would load up. I never shut it off either, but it would pop right out of sleep in like 5 seconds. This thing is like going back to using windows 98. LOL

But I have to say it's way faster loading pages and content. Way faster.

Back