On going Mel Gibson saga

klaatu

Fusionist
Jewish groups react to Mel Gibson's apology for 'despicable'
Published: 7/30/2006 11:21:00 AM

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Jewish groups are fuming over Mel Gibson's apology for "dispicable" remarks he made during his arrest Friday in Malibu for investigation of drunken driving.

Entertainment Web site T-M-Z-dot-com is quoting a sheriff's department report that detailed an anti-Semitic tirade. T-M-Z has posted what it says are four pages from the original arrest report.

Gibson supposedly said "The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world," and asked the officer, James Mee, "Are you a Jew?"

Rabbi Marvin Hier (HY-er) of the Simon Wiesenthal Center says, quote, "if that's what he said, even under intoxication, it clearly shows that Mel Gibson has a problem with Jews."

Anti-Defamation League National Director Abraham Foxman says the apology is, quote, "unremorseful and insufficient."

The Los Angeles Times says the sheriff's department will investigate whether authorities gave Gibson preferential treatment and tried to cover up his alleged behavior.

Ok.. this was Gibsones apology:

Mel Gibson Apologizes for DUI, Statements

Mel Gibson issued a lengthy statement Saturday apologizing for his drunk driving arrest and saying he has battled alcoholism throughout his life.

Gibson also apologized for what he said were "despicable" statements he made to the deputies who arrested him early Friday morning on Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu.

"I acted like a person completely out of control when I was arrested," he said in a statement issued by his publicist. "I disgraced myself and my family with my behavior and for that I am truly sorry. I have battled with the disease of alcoholism for all of my adult life and profoundly regret my horrific relapse."

Publicist Alan Nierob declined to elaborate beyond the statement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

What does Abraham Foxman want Mel Gibson to say? What does he want" Gibson to forward over the money he made from "Passion" to the ADL? ;)
IMHO .. Foxman is a big hypocrite...Anti-Christian to the umpteenth degree.

ISN'T MEL A HOLYROLLER... I wouldn't think holyrollers would get drunk and put other peoples lives at risk by driving.... so typical of holyrollers... holyrollers are all about themselves... he don't care about other lives he puts at risk... hell he's gotta get to the next bar!!

and are the jewish suprised..holyrollers make outlandish statements daily... they should be used to it!

He had a .12! That's it. That is a "Man, I think your sister is cute!" level of drunk not a "Jews are the source of all that is evil!" level...

woah i didn't even READ the article!!! leave it to christian folks to one up everyone else.

jews should be used to this, they are always being persecuted by the christians, b/c christians are pieces of garbage, they are the scum of the earth.. why can't we all just get along?? b/c of christians.

Seriously, there are far too many people calling for apology upon apology for something or other. It doesn't seem to matter if an apology is heartfelt or genuine in any way, as long as some meaningless gesture is made and the press can say, "Ahh, he didn't really mean it after all".

I don't know if the jewish outburst is genuine or not, and i've never bothered watching the Passion, so i can't really comment on the 'anti-semitism' in it. However, if Mel Gibson is a raving anti-semite, an apology isn't really going to change that and i seriously doubt whether jews around the world are hanging on every word of a has-been actor and fifth rate film director.

After saying that, though, i think the apology should really have gone further. Did he even mention 'The Patriot'?

I have absolutely no respect for the man anymore. That's just disgusting. I hope he gets blacklisted for this, because he definitely deserves it. I can't stand racist pigs and for the record hating thy neighbor is not a Christian act. It the act of a pig headed jerk who fortunately got caught on tape.
I saw the Passion, but I didn't think it was anti-semetic, however now that I know he's a anti-semetic pig, maybe I'll see it again with new eyes.

LadyT said:
I have absolutely no respect for the man anymore. That's just disgusting. I hope he gets blacklisted for this, because he definitely deserves it. I can't stand racist pigs and for the record hating thy neighbor is not a Christian act. It the act of a pig headed jerk who fortunately got caught on tape.
I saw the Passion, but I didn't think it was anti-semetic, however now that I know he's a anti-semetic pig, maybe I'll see it again with new eyes.

i don't watch trash movies...

Jarod said:
Mel Gibson, one of Hollywood's few Republicans...

I don't believe he has officially declared any party at all. I think you may have jumpted on the "wish it were true" wagon...

Damocles said:
I don't believe he has officially declared any party at all. I think you may have jumpted on the "wish it were true" wagon...

LOL... thats the funniest thing you've EVER said damo... he's not a republican like im not hot.

robdastud said:
LOL... thats the funniest thing you've EVER said damo... he's not a republican like im not hot.

LMAO, you're too much. :P

I don't know what his political affiliation is, however I will say this about allegedly devout Christians, I'm surprised more of them aren't anti-war peacniks. Turning the other cheek and loving thy neighbor are Christian ideals and certainly backing up hte atrocities in the middle east are diametrically opposed to such notions. I've always scratched my head at that one.

Damocles said:
He had a .12! That's it. That is a "Man, I think your sister is cute!" level of drunk not a "Jews are the source of all that is evil!" level...
.08 is legally drunk there so .12 is 50% higher than the legal level is what i just heard on the news....

sooooo, 50% higher alcohol level than the legal limit is pretty drunk, no?

robdastud said:

Okay... That's a bit disingenuous. There are many religious Democrats as well. This idea that a religious person must be a Republican is silly.

LadyT said:
LMAO, you're too much. :P

I don't know what his political affiliation is, however I will say this about allegedly devout Christians, I'm surprised more of them aren't anti-war peacniks. Turning the other cheek and loving thy neighbor are Christian ideals and certainly backing up hte atrocities in the middle east are diametrically opposed to such notions. I've always scratched my head at that one.

its called hypocrisy...

Care4all said:
.08 is legally drunk there so .12 is 50% higher than the legal level is what i just heard on the news....

sooooo, 50% higher alcohol level than the legal limit is pretty drunk, no?

Not really. A person can reach .12 at his estimated weight on three drinks during dinner. .12 really isn't all that drunk.

Damocles said:
Not really. A person can reach .12 at his estimated weight on three drinks during dinner. .12 really isn't all that drunk.

I thought .12 was a ratio, so three drinks on somone who's 100 lbs could be .1 while 3 drinks for someone who's 200 would be something like .05

LadyT said:
I thought .12 was a ratio, so three drinks on somone who's 100 lbs could be .1 while 3 drinks for someone who's 200 would be something like .05

It's a percentage. It depends on how long a person 200 lbs took to drink them. Once again .12 isn't all that drunk really. A person with .12 isn't fall down "I love you man!" kind of drunk...

Back