On the impossibility of abiogenesis

The Ugly Truth

Verified User
Many claim that that life is simply the result of random arrangements of atoms. As this article shows, such a belief is contrary to reality. I know it's bit long, but I ask you to read it and understand it before commenting. I'm looking for a reasoned debate on this topic. Is anyone on here capable of actually discussing this without resorting to insults or deflection? If so, please speak up.

https://uncommondescent.com/intelligent-design/on-the-impossibility-of-abiogenesis/

Gee. I thought at least one atheist would be willing to debate this. Guess I can't blame them. They never were ones to discuss the facts.

One of the reasons computers can usually beat humans at chess is because humans see things as having to be purposeful and computers can process and execute what is rather purposeless from the human perspective. Ironic that advanced computer programming deals better with spontaneity than even its human creators who often cannot figure out why the hell the computers did what they did getting to the end they were programmed to achieve.

I don't understand why "shit just happens" isn't a viable argument for the origin of life.......it works so well for everything else.........

Many claim that that life is simply the result of random arrangements of atoms. As this article shows, such a belief is contrary to reality. I know it's bit long, but I ask you to read it and understand it before commenting. I'm looking for a reasoned debate on this topic. Is anyone on here capable of actually discussing this without resorting to insults or deflection? If so, please speak up.

https://uncommondescent.com/intelligent-design/on-the-impossibility-of-abiogenesis/

One cannot have a reasoned debate on a failed and absurd premise.

One of the reasons computers can usually beat humans at chess is because humans see things as having to be purposeful and computers can process and execute what is rather purposeless from the human perspective. Ironic that advanced computer programming deals better with spontaneity than even its human creators who often cannot figure out why the hell the computers did what they did getting to the end they were programmed to achieve.

My husband the guy who has trouble understanding non-fam human connections but who is a computer scientist/software engineer/systems architect agrees with you. Yes. I am married to Spock. And I grok this. ;~)

My degree is based in biological science, so I would be happy to debate that "random arrangements of atoms" nonsense with you.

My degree is based in biological science, so I would be happy to debate that "random arrangements of atoms" nonsense with you.

Actually, we need to discuss formalism and symbolic processing. Nature cannot create a computer. It's impossible. And computers are required for life to exist.

When you die your conscientiousness will cease to be.
You can't change that with all the religious fantasies in the world.

Actually, we need to discuss formalism and symbolic processing. Nature cannot create a computer. It's impossible. And computers are required for life to exist.

Computers required for life? That's the failed and and absurd premise.

Return to your own cult of ID and Creationism. Rational minds are at work here.

Last edited:
Back