Opening day this weekend

Yea when I hunted I always applied for a anterless permit. Screw trophy hunting I want tasty meat. One of my favorite dishes is to suatee fresh button buck liver in butter and garlic till medium rare. I dry aged a does back strap once, then carved it into steaks and grilled them. That was right tasty too. No marindate or nothing. Just direct to the grill with a little salt and pepper. You could cut those steaks with a fork.

I cook the tenderloin wrapped in thick sliced bacon in a smoker. It is so tender you only need a fork. And delicious.

I get the rest done about 1/3 in cubed steaks and 2/3 in burger. I'd rather have venison than commercially grown beef because I don't care to eat the steroids and antibiotics.

I remember when I was working in Arkansas that we made the first day of deer season a paid company holiday. Pretty much had to. No one showed up anyways. We put it up to a vote to have Labor day or First day of deer season as a paid holiday and the vote was unanimous, LOL

Smart people.

Come up here to Ohio then. It's not much sport. Slightly more difficult then shooting rabbits. Wisconsin is even better. Michigan is probably the best place in the country for White Tail deer but they allow hunters to use high powered rifles to hunt. Making it just about as deadly for hunters as for deer.
It's hard to keep from hitting the damn things with your car here sometimes. The other day there were two eating some ivy about 50' away. If the patio door had been open I wouldn't have had to get out of my desk chair to pick them off with my Glock.

It's hard to keep from hitting the damn things with your car here sometimes. The other day there were two eating some ivy about 50' away. If the patio door had been open I wouldn't have had to get out of my desk chair to pick them off with my Glock.

I have almost hit them more times than I can count. And I have them coming thru my yard all the time.

But you can't hunt from a vehicle or in my yard.

I cook the tenderloin wrapped in thick sliced bacon in a smoker. It is so tender you only need a fork. And delicious.

I get the rest done about 1/3 in cubed steaks and 2/3 in burger. I'd rather have venison than commercially grown beef because I don't care to eat the steroids and antibiotics.
I tried it like that once and though very tasty and tender it was over cooked. I liked it better cooked as steaks and still medium.

I have a farmer in our and raises his own black angus. No steroids, HGH, multispectrum antibiotics, etc. Grass fed, grain fatened and DELICIOUS. He runs his own meat market and is a little pricier than Krogers but is less than Whole Foods and it's the best beef in our area. I drive 10 miles to buy it from his shop which is out of town on a county highway. He doesn't dry age his steaks but hell, you can do that at home in your refrigerator.

Last edited:
Wait till opening day. The'll be no where to be seen! LOL

I tried it like that once and though very tasty and tender it was over cooked. I liked it better cooked as steaks and still medium.

I have a farmer in our and raises his own black angus. No steroids, HGH, multispectrum antibiotics, etc. Grass fed, grain fatened and DELICIOUS. He runs his own meat market and is a little pricier than Krogers but is less than Whole Foods and it's the best beef in our area. I drive 10 miles to buy it from his shop which is out of town on a county highway. He doesn't dry age his steaks but hell, you can do that at home in your refrigerator.

The organic and natural farms are getting more numerous. And it makes a huge difference in the taste and healthfulness of the foods.

Come up here to Ohio then. It's not much sport. Slightly more difficult then shooting rabbits. Wisconsin is even better. Michigan is probably the best place in the country for White Tail deer but they allow hunters to use high powered rifles to hunt. Making it just about as deadly for hunters as for deer.

We don't have that many hunting accidents. And our deer are bigger here in MI. Plus we have TWO firearms seasons, like I said earlier.

Taking my M39 sniper rifle up this year, first season with it so hopefully it'll do me good.

We don't have that many hunting accidents. And our deer are bigger here in MI. Plus we have TWO firearms seasons, like I said earlier.

Taking my M39 sniper rifle up this year, first season with it so hopefully it'll do me good.
It should. Hell you can just about hunt deer in MI with a sling shot! LOL

Yea when I hunted I always applied for a anterless permit. Screw trophy hunting I want tasty meat. One of my favorite dishes is to suatee fresh button buck liver in butter and garlic till medium rare. I dry aged a does back strap once, then carved it into steaks and grilled them. That was right tasty too. No marindate or nothing. Just direct to the grill with a little salt and pepper. You could cut those steaks with a fork.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm liver mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

We were out shooting ducks just last weekend. Well, I just helped the noobs to find them and they shot them, but you know what I mean.

Back