Our cat has been injured, and we are turning to the internet for help! :(

NewsBoy

News Delivery
Our cat was hit by a car and now he requires pelvic surgery. It's very expensive so we have turned to the internet looking for help. Please if you are an animal owner or lover like we are, we ask that you digg this, and spread the word to as many people as possible. Full details are available on our site. Animal lovers please help!

More at link...

Come on Damo... is this "News" or "SPAM" ????

For the record, felines are the only species of animal clever enough to fake domestication. They are a predatory species, who are part of the animal food chain, and there are certainly worse ways to die than having your spine severed by a car, and rescued by liberals!

as the proud "owner" of four cats (you really never own cats, but rather only provide them with room and board gratis for life), I have some experience with this. I had my ten year old black cat (named Spike after Spike Lee) hit by a car last spring and the accident broke his hip. The poor guy dragged himself from the street to the front door with his front legs. We took him to the vet who Xrayed him and gave us the good news that he had only broken the pelvis and had not suffered any spinal cord damage. We had to keep him confined to a tiny little cage for six weeks, where he lay and whined nonstop.... at the end of the time, we opened up the cage and out he walked...good as new. This is the same cat who, the year before, got into a run-in with a fishercat who ripped a piece of flesh off his shoulder down to the bone.... he is one tough motherfucker.

I'll second this.

For the record, felines are the only species of animal clever enough to fake domestication. They are a predatory species, who are part of the animal food chain, and there are certainly worse ways to die than having your spine severed by a car, and rescued by liberals!

Cats are stupid. You might as well have a fly as a pet for all the brains they have.

I'll second this.

Cats are stupid. You might as well have a fly as a pet for all the brains they have.
Oh, yeah, stupid. Stupid enough to run whatever household they move into.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

(Posted by a happy cat-butler. ;) )

Dogs are way better than cats.

#1) They are man's best friend
#2) I'm allergic to cats
#3) Dogs are affectionate/most cats are snobs

I've only met a hand ful of cats I like, but I'm allergic to them anyway.

Dogs are way better than cats.

#1) They are man's best friend
#2) I'm allergic to cats
#3) Dogs are affectionate/most cats are snobs

I've only met a hand ful of cats I like, but I'm allergic to them anyway.
Piffle! Dogs are affectionate because they're hard-wired that way. When cats are affectionate you know it's because they really love you. That or they're hungry.

Seriously, cats are amazingly affectionate. They just have odd ways of showing it at times.

Piffle! Dogs are affectionate because they're hard-wired that way. When cats are affectionate you know it's because they really love you. That or they're hungry.

Seriously, cats are amazingly affectionate. They just have odd ways of showing it at times.

yeah. I think ignoring you is an odd way of showing affection.

Yeah, potato bugs are affectionate also, just in a weird way.

You two are just bitter. You've no idea how nice it is to wake up in with your cat curled up and purring on your chest and your nose in his mouth. Ah, tuna breath in the morning.

And you sir, have no idea what its like when you go in to brush your teeth every night, and your buddy's dopey cat is walking on your toothbrush.

And you sir, have no idea what its like when you go in to brush your teeth every night, and your buddy's dopey cat is walking on your toothbrush.
No, I have my own dopey cat for that. :p

Actually, my cat leans more toward his Turkish Van ancestors than his Maine Coon forebears in at least one thing: he avoids anything that has anything to do with water. That includes tootbrushes and anyone currently using one. He does, however, delight in pushing things off the nightstand(s) just to see if he can wake you up.

[pokes at wallet until it falls off the edge; watches it fall]
Splat!
[turns to see if he's succeeded in waking anyone up]
[pokes at keys until they fall off the edge . . .]

and so on. That annoying enough for ya?

or what its like to have your boyfriends parents cat is brushing up against you getting dander all over you and having your chest tighten up in knots while you struggle to breathe all the while resisting the urge to kick the cat.

No, I have my own dopey cat for that. :p

Actually, my cat leans more toward his Turkish Van ancestors than his Maine Coon forebears in at least one thing: he avoids anything that has anything to do with water. That includes tootbrushes and anyone currently using one. He does, however, delight in pushing things off the nightstand(s) just to see if he can wake you up.

[pokes at wallet until it falls off the edge; watches it fall]
Splat!
[turns to see if he's succeeded in waking anyone up]
[pokes at keys until they fall off the edge . . .]

and so on. That annoying enough for ya?

ugh that reminds me, I was sleepign and this cat kept opening the door at 4am in the morning like 3 times. I had to eventually lock it.

or what its like to have your boyfriends parents cat is brushing up against you getting dander all over you and having your chest tighten up in knots while you struggle to breathe all the while resisting the urge to kick the cat.

Yes, I have had the "kick the cat" urge. But I went for the more humane route and eventually booby-trapped the doorway into my bathroom with fishing wire and a cap gun bomb. The stupid cat, like all cats on the planet earth, never learned. It would trip the wire, the bomb would fall emitting a loud report, the cat would get scared, go take a crap or something, then do it again, and again, and again.

It was like trying to teach an amoeba to ride a bike.

Yes, I have had the "kick the cat" urge. But I went for the more humane route and eventually booby-trapped the doorway into my bathroom with fishing wire and a cap gun bomb. The stupid cat, like all cats on the planet earth, never learned. It would trip the wire, the bomb would fall emitting a loud report, the cat would get scared, go take a crap or something, then do it again, and again, and again.

It was like trying to teach an amoeba to ride a bike.
I had to "de-train" my cat. The little bugger would sit outside the bedroom door at a precise distance so that when the doorknob turned, it would get a running head start and hit the gap just as the door opened wide enough. ZOOOM into the room and under the bed with no hope of extraction. So, one morning, I turned the knob but didn't open the door - - - THUNK! I looked out and there was kitty, like something from Tom and Jerry. She had birds circling her head, tongue hanging out, the little crutch, foot in a cast, etc. A few more times and that ended it.

Cats are well known to have a sixth sense: they can spot a person allergic to them from at least 10 yards away.

Back