Our puppy, just 15 months old, died on Sunday...

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
Our youngest, and most active, livestock guardian dog just up and died yesterday morning. We went out to feed the animals and he simply would not get up, so I carried that heavy dog to my truck and set off to the emergency veterinarian, but along the way Stan the Man died. He seemed to fall asleep, then was just gone...

I'll miss you, Stan the Man... you were a gentle soul, even with the chickens.

Here's a picture of him during training, you don't see them but we were training him protect goats in this one:

Stan-in-training.jpg

I don't know why his life was so short, but he impacted our lives greatly and will be missed.

Our youngest, and most active, livestock guardian dog just up and died yesterday morning. We went out to feed the animals and he simply would not get up, so I carried that heavy dog to my truck and set off to the emergency veterinarian, but along the way Stan the Man died. He seemed to fall asleep, then was just gone...

Here's a picture of him during training, you don't see them but we were training him protect goats in this one:

Stan-in-training.jpg

I don't know why his life was so short, but he impacted our lives greatly and will be missed.

That's absolutely heartbreaking.
My most sincere and profound condolences.
Dogs are very special creatures to me.

Stan-in-training.jpg

Nice looking dog.

Sorry to hear his time with you was cut short.

Please accept my condolences.

Sorry about Stan. We have an Australian Shepherd/Lab (Sammy) and we can see the shepherd instinct in him. We recently found a little kitten on the road in the rain and brought him home. When I let the two dogs in the back yard the kitten likes to sneak out with them. When Sammy sees us trying to get the kitten back in the house, he runs over and herds him in the back door.

So sorry to hear it Damo

The dog I found in front of my house a couple of years ago only stayed for 14 months

The vet told us he was 12-14 and had a heart murmur

He was so emaciated he didn’t look real when we found him

He looked like a puppet

With lots of love, great food and safe surroundings he improved quickly

He got so strong he could launch himself into your arms likes missile

He had so much joy let in him

One day he rushed into the back yard to police a sound he heard and mid step his little heart blew

He was gone instantly

We all will NEVER forget him

Stan made his mark on life

You were lucky to be part of it

What a beautiful pup, that Stan the Man...and a tremendous loss...his wings were ready, but your heart was not...it never is... I'm so very sorry...
I know he wasn't a rescue, or an older pup, but this is what we always share within our groups...:

Stan-in-training.jpg

Sorry, I know how that feels, I lost my precious dog to cancer last August. Her name was Hazel. It hasn't been the same since.

condolences. I have had many dogs, and loved them all but my youngest I have is by far the most special dog I have ever owned and I will be devastated when she goes

Stan-in-training.jpg

I'm so sorry this happened. He was a beautiful boy. :(

So sorry to hear of your loss, Damo. They call dogs "man's best friend" for a reason.
I miss the Basset hound I had years ago and haven't got another dog since because
I don't think I could train another one as well as that one was trained. A lovable, yet
silly well mannered house dog, and a great hunting dog as well. She was my "little buddy."

So sorry for your loss, Damo.

The loss of a pet dog or cat is a special kind of grief.

Stan was a gorgeous dog. I am sure he will be in your thoughts for a long while.

My 8 year old cat died a week ago. On Thursday she was her normal self. Then late Friday she was acting a little off. I was going to take her to the vet on Saturday. In the morning, she was dead and stiff. The vet had no answers.

My 8 year old cat died a week ago. On Thursday she was her normal self. Then late Friday she was acting a little off. I was going to take her to the vet on Saturday. In the morning, she was dead and stiff. The vet had no answers.

Sorry for your loss, Nordberg.

We had a similar incident with one of our cats back two years. Just died one night. A really great cat!

Our pets have a special place in our hearts.

It was a bit like this with Stan the Man. He didn't eat the night before and we were planning on taking him to the vet if he didn't eat in the morning. Well, that didn't quite work out.

Stan-in-training.jpg

I am so sorry. Was he a Cream Retriever? I hope your girls are not taking it to hard. I have one who is 16 months old, so sweet.

I am so sorry. Was he a Cream Retriever? I hope your girls are not taking it to hard. I have one who is 16 months old, so sweet.

Nah, he was a Great Pyrenees. At 15 months he probably weighed about 80 pounds, fully grown he would be around 130 or so.

Back