Our puppy, just 15 months old, died on Sunday...

Our youngest, and most active, livestock guardian dog just up and died yesterday morning. We went out to feed the animals and he simply would not get up, so I carried that heavy dog to my truck and set off to the emergency veterinarian, but along the way Stan the Man died. He seemed to fall asleep, then was just gone...

I'll miss you, Stan the Man... you were a gentle soul, even with the chickens.

Here's a picture of him during training, you don't see them but we were training him protect goats in this one:

Stan-in-training.jpg

I don't know why his life was so short, but he impacted our lives greatly and will be missed.

I feel for you friend. I too am a dog lover, animal lover. Dogs impact our lives so much and bring so many positives. Ours are a huge part of our family. Time heals all wounds.

My 8 year old cat died a week ago. On Thursday she was her normal self. Then late Friday she was acting a little off. I was going to take her to the vet on Saturday. In the morning, she was dead and stiff. The vet had no answers.

:( Eight years isn't that old. And that vet not knowing why she died makes it a hundred times worse. I'm sorry for your loss.

Our youngest, and most active, livestock guardian dog just up and died yesterday morning. We went out to feed the animals and he simply would not get up, so I carried that heavy dog to my truck and set off to the emergency veterinarian, but along the way Stan the Man died. He seemed to fall asleep, then was just gone...

I'll miss you, Stan the Man... you were a gentle soul, even with the chickens.

Here's a picture of him during training, you don't see them but we were training him protect goats in this one:

Stan-in-training.jpg

I don't know why his life was so short, but he impacted our lives greatly and will be missed.

I'm sorry.

What a beautiful pup, that Stan the Man...and a tremendous loss...his wings were ready, but your heart was not...it never is... I'm so very sorry...
I know he wasn't a rescue, or an older pup, but this is what we always share within our groups...:

The best post you have ever made

I wish you cared about humans too

But them you hate with all your being

The best post you have ever made

I wish you cared about humans too

But them you hate with all your being

I'm a retired special ed teacher.. I love humans...and all animals... You would give me endless apologies if I showed you where I taught...

I'm a retired special ed teacher.. I love humans...and all animals... You would give me endless apologies if I showed you where I taught...

You are Not a human

You are a Russian program designed to formate racist hate

You care nothing about Americans in need

You pour buckets of hate on the poor and needy

You are Not a human

You are a Russian program designed to formate racist hate

You care nothing about Americans in need

You pour buckets of hate on the poor and needy

Many apologies... And I would forgive you...;)

Back