PAC 10 off to a good start

The SEC is 2-3 in bowl games. Georgia and Auburn won theirs, but LSU, TN, and KY lost their games.

I guess we will have to hope that the better teams in the SEC win their bowl games.
LOL Nice LSWho burn! LOL Topper you gonna take that lying down? He just said LSWho wasn't one of the better SEC teams! LOL

I see that OSU won their game. Funny, I thought LSU was supposed to be the better team? But they lost to a team that OSU beat soundly.
I think we just saw the turning point in Pryor's college career. That was his first "complete" game as an OSU QB and he was scary good. I'd say OSU is one good running back away from a title run next year. We have a lot of talent coming back next year.

And the PAC 10 lost the Sun Bowl to OU. That PAC 10 are just some football playing fools.
Yea no one is arguing their the toughest conference this year. So far in the Bowl season the Mountain West has done the best but I'd hardly call them the toughest conference.

I guess parity is the word this year in college football. No one conference is standing out so far as the Best. My Big 10 has done well and could concievably end up 5 and 2 in Bowl play. The SEC has 3 more bowl games and will have to win all 3 of them if they want to make that claim of being the best. Of course, if Bama wins the NCG that will help with that claim.

Well with 10 teams playing bowls they can make the claim to being the most popular. I guess that's another reason to stoke your schedule with patsy non-conf games. You only have to win 2 conference games to be Bowl eligibile.

Well with 10 teams playing bowls they can make the claim to being the most popular. I guess that's another reason to stoke your schedule with patsy non-conf games. You only have to win 2 conference games to be Bowl eligibile.

Yeah, btw congrats on OSU winning its first bowl game in how long?

Only a fool thinks bowl record is the only determinant on best conference

Pryor played awesome, and he should be one of the most dynamic QB's in the Nation next year. Our guy is the same age with maybe 10 less starts and looks like pryor 10 games ago. I seriously doubt he'll progress as fast.

Yeah, btw congrats on OSU winning its first bowl game in how long?
First Bowl win in the last 4 years. BTW, OSU has played in 7 BCS games in the last 8 years and is 4 and 3 in BCS games including 1 NC. How many BCS games has Bama ever won? Oh that's right. They haven't ever won a BCS game. Bama is 0-2 in BCS games. Well maybe if they play good thursday they can win their first ever BCS game by winning the big daddy of them all.

BTW, In the last 8 years

USC is 6-1 in BCS games including 1 NC
Texas is 3-0 with one game pending and 1 NC
Florida is 3-0 with 2 NC
LSU is 4-0 with 2 NC
Oklahoma is 1-6 with 1 NC

To put things in perspective Bama has been an above average team but hardly elite for the last 30 years (essentially since Bear retired), that is, until they hired a Yankee coach.

Ohio State has been to more major bowl games (which I consider the BCSCG, the Orange, Sugar, Rose, Fiesta Bowls and prior to 1990 the Cotton Bowl) in the last 8 years then Alabama has been to in the last 30 years. Bama is only 2-6 in major Bowl games in the last 30 years. So I wouldn't be throwing stones at my Buckeyes recent record. It's still waaaaaay better than Bamas.

Only a fool thinks bowl record is the only determinant on best conference

Pryor played awesome, and he should be one of the most dynamic QB's in the Nation next year. Our guy is the same age with maybe 10 less starts and looks like pryor 10 games ago. I seriously doubt he'll progress as fast.
I have to agree. When 6-6 teams with 2 conference wins can go to a Bowl game then using that as an indicator is seriously diluted.

Actually, money is probably the best indicator of who is the toughest conference. The SEC spends more money on it's Football programs then any other conference and by a significant margin. They also generate more revenue then any other conference. From that stand point it's very understandable too. There's not exactly a dearth of professional sports teams in that region of the country so that does explain to a large degree the popularity and thus the investment of capital in the SEC football programs.

I have to agree. When 6-6 teams with 2 conference wins can go to a Bowl game then using that as an indicator is seriously diluted.

Actually, money is probably the best indicator of who is the toughest conference. The SEC spends more money on it's Football programs then any other conference and by a significant margin. They also generate more revenue then any other conference. From that stand point it's very understandable too. There's not exactly a dearth of professional sports teams in that region of the country so that does explain to a large degree the popularity and thus the investment of capital in the SEC football programs.

Ohio state spends a boat load too, but when your losing whinney excuse look better.

First Bowl win in the last 4 years. BTW, OSU has played in 7 BCS games in the last 8 years and is 4 and 3 in BCS games including 1 NC. How many BCS games has Bama ever won? Oh that's right. They haven't ever won a BCS game. Bama is 0-2 in BCS games. Well maybe if they play good thursday they can win their first ever BCS game by winning the big daddy of them all.

BTW, In the last 8 years

Florida is 3-0 with 2 NC
LSU is 4-0 with 2 NC

To put things in perspective Bama has been an above average team but hardly elite for the last 30 years (essentially since Bear retired), that is, until they hired a Yankee coach.

Ohio State has been to more major bowl games (which I consider the BCSCG, the Orange, Sugar, Rose, Fiesta Bowls and prior to 1990 the Cotton Bowl) in the last 8 years then Alabama has been to in the last 30 years. Bama is only 2-6 in major Bowl games in the last 30 years. So I wouldn't be throwing stones at my Buckeyes recent record. It's still waaaaaay better than Bamas.

Now you are playing Top's game. You want to talk about history, but only RECENT history. Bama has more conference titles and more bowl appearances than any team in NCAA history. The last 10 years have been rough. But that doesn't mean anything other than a minor point to be scored by those who wish to make it.

"Alabama has amassed the seventh-most victories in Division I with 812, for a sixth-best .712 winning percentage. Alabama has won 26 conference championships (four Southern Conference and 22 SEC championships) and has made an NCAA-record 57 postseason bowl appearances. Other NCAA records include eight perfect, undefeated and untied, seasons, 22 10-game win streaks, and 17 seasons with a 10-0 start. The program is second only to the Oklahoma Sooners with 30 10–win seasons, and second only to the USC Trojans with 31 bowl victories."

We may have been down for the last few years, but I would prefer the storied traditions and records at Alabama to the recent wins of most other teams.

Ohio state spends a boat load too, but when your losing whinney excuse look better.
Yes we do and for some of the same reasons. Though we do have an NHL team in Columbus, this is a college town and the biggest investment in sports in central Ohio is with the Buckeyes. Look at who spends the most on their football programs in the Big 10. "OSU, Mich, PSU and Wisc". Which four teams are the dominant programs in the Big 10? The same teams. Same with the SEC. Which teams spend the most money on their programs? Florida, Alabama, Tennessee, LSU and Auborn. Who are the dominant programs in the SEC? The same teams that spend the most money.

Now you are playing Top's game. You want to talk about history, but only RECENT history. Bama has more conference titles and more bowl appearances than any team in NCAA history. The last 10 years have been rough. But that doesn't mean anything other than a minor point to be scored by those who wish to make it.

"Alabama has amassed the seventh-most victories in Division I with 812, for a sixth-best .712 winning percentage. Alabama has won 26 conference championships (four Southern Conference and 22 SEC championships) and has made an NCAA-record 57 postseason bowl appearances. Other NCAA records include eight perfect, undefeated and untied, seasons, 22 10-game win streaks, and 17 seasons with a 10-0 start. The program is second only to the Oklahoma Sooners with 30 10–win seasons, and second only to the USC Trojans with 31 bowl victories."

We may have been down for the last few years, but I would prefer the storied traditions and records at Alabama to the recent wins of most other teams.
I'm not playing Toppers game I'm playing yours. :pke:

You were the one throwing rocks at the Buckeyes recent bowl history which, as I pointed out, has been a lot more succesful then Bama's recent bowl history.

I'm not playing Toppers game I'm playing yours. :pke:

You were the one throwing rocks at the Buckeyes recent bowl history which, as I pointed out, has been a lot more succesful then Bama's recent bowl history.

Hey, I said "Congrats", what more do you want?

BTW, In the last 8 years

Florida is 3-0 with 2 NC
LSU is 4-0 with 2 NC

It is far easier getting that automatic bid to the BCS in the weak ass Little Ten and Puss 10 conferences over the past eight years. Trying to get in through the SEC and Big 12 has been far more challenging.

Back