Papa Dune almost gone.

Rune

Mjölner
Refusing to eat or drink, the nursing home staff is no longer trying to feed or hydrate him. My mother is taking him home, for "better care". I go there now to install a hospital bed. He was a brilliant man, who made the lives of those who knew him better.

Refusing to eat or drink, the nursing home staff is no longer trying to feed or hydrate him. My mother is taking him home, for "better care". I go there now to install a hospital bed. He was a brilliant man, who made the lives of those who knew him better.

Sorry to hear that, how old is your dad?

I am so sorry! Big hugs!

When they get close to the edge they don't feel hungry so tube-feeding, in the opinions of many who know better than I, borders on inhumane treatment. Prayers, warmth, and the familiarity of home and family is usually what is best.

When they get close to the edge they don't feel hungry so tube-feeding, in the opinions of many who know better than I, borders on inhumane treatment. Prayers, warmth, and the familiarity of home and family is usually what is best.

Thanks friend.

Hospice

I can't think of a better way to end my life than in my own home surrounded by family and friends. Kudo's to your mothers love and strength that she is able to do this. Hugs and thoughts to you and your family. It's hard but it's so worth it.

Sorry to read this, Rune. Losing parents is always hard; you can never really 'prepare'. Good for you for being there for him - and your mom.

2 years ago, my mother-in-law did the same thing.

She stayed at home; but couldn't get around by herself anymore.
She stopped eating, drank some water; but slowly wasted away.
Hospice came by, everyday; but mostly to provide comfort for those staying with her.
Her daughters took turns during the day and her son stayed with her, all night.

She passed away, after about a month, and even though everyone had time to prepare, it was still really hard at the end.

All our differences aside, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Any and all Warzone posts will be moved there, as will responses to said Warzone posts.

Anyways, Dune I really like you and even though we don't get along much at current I can sympathize with your story. It'll be ok in the end, though it may not seem like it now.

Back