PC running amok

USFREEDOM911

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN
'Sexy Handmaid's Tale' costume pulled after backlash

While Halloween is a time for many to wear irreverent costumes based on the year's biggest trends, one company is apologizing after releasing a costume that many found to be offensive.

Online clothing retailer Yandy recently unveiled a "Brave Red Maiden Costume" that featured a red mini dress which showed lots of leg, along with a red cloak and white headdress. The costume, inspired by the classic Margaret Atwood novel and now hit TV show, "The Handmaid's Tale," cost $64.95.
The backlash was swift, with many commenting on how the costume is at direct odds with the themes of misogyny and patriarchy explored in the fictional dystopian world of "The Handmaid's Tale."

Yandy released a statement Friday, saying that while it stands by its message of "Own Your Sexy," the company was removing the costume from its site after receiving "sincere, heartfelt response" from customers.

fdaffcf7-0259-420b-8529-f99e7ffbe29c-handmaiden-costume.jpg

I wonder if these are next, for the PC police??

An insult to Native Americans??

RM_10102.jpg

Black Lives Matter??

DG_11135_Costume_front1_2018-COSTUMES-yandy.jpg

Sexualizing Catholic School Girls??

LA_85112_01_096_C2013.jpg

Denigrates Wiccans??

YD_10272X_Costume_PS08312017.jpg

Makes fun of Gay Pride??

PK_PK863_2_PS07312018.jpg

etc.
etc.
etc.

:facepalm:

Last edited:

While Halloween is a time for many to wear irreverent costumes based on the year's biggest trends, one company is apologizing after releasing a costume that many found to be offensive.

Yandy released a statement Friday, saying that while it stands by its message of "Own Your Sexy," the company was removing the costume from its site after receiving "sincere, heartfelt response" from customers.

At the same time, those same liberals support legislation that allows them to indulge in just about every sexual perversion known to man.

Thanks for the Post, Free911. (If ThatTrollWoman ever got in charge of anything, this would be the Future for Mankind) :(

Online clothing retailer Yandy recently unveiled a "Brave Red Maiden Costume" that featured a red mini dress which showed lots of leg, along with a red cloak and white headdress. The costume, inspired by the classic Margaret Atwood novel and now hit TV show, "The Handmaid's Tale," cost $64.95.
The backlash was swift, with many commenting on how the costume is at direct odds with the themes of misogyny and patriarchy explored in the fictional dystopian world of "The Handmaid's Tale."

RM_10102.jpg

Black Lives Matter??

Denigrates Wiccans??

Makes fun of Gay Pride??

etc.
etc.
etc.

Hey, Stick. I tried posting "Any News on when The Alamo will be dozed" on your other "PC thread", and it said I was 'Not Allowed'. Are YOU trying to be like Legina?

RM_10102.jpg

Black Lives Matter??

Denigrates Wiccans??

Makes fun of Gay Pride??

etc.
etc.
etc.

Rather than crapping your drawers over the people who raise the issue, why don't you reserve your butthurt for the spineless corporate sycophants who give in to them?

If these wishy-washy milquetoast companies would just respond by saying that they don't share the views of the protesters and neither do their customers, then you'd have nothing to cry about.

Rather than crapping your drawers over the people who raise the issue, why don't you reserve your butthurt for the spineless corporate sycophants who give in to them?

If these wishy-washy milquetoast companies would just respond by saying that they don't share the views of the protesters and neither do their customers, then you'd have nothing to cry about.

OOPS, did I ruin your plans for your Halloween costume??

:dealwithit:

You're the one who's all pissed off about it, not me.

Sounds like it was your Halloween costume plans that were ruined.

And now you've cared enough to continue posting in this thread.

You're amusing; but it's a sign of desperation when you try to use my comments about your costume pick, back on me. :laugh:

And now you've cared enough to continue posting in this thread.

You're amusing; but it's a sign of desperation when you try to use my comments about your costume pick, back on me. :laugh:

Let's hear you cry some more about how the big, mean lib'ruls took away your precious little red dress, USFAGGOT911.

How is presenting evidence of you crying over the loss of your costume, weak??

OH-Wait, I forgot evidence isn't necessary for you, Ford, or the DNC. :palm:

Well at least you found another red dress to wear for Halloween....

20101011110731_divine_red_dress.jpg

....or out to your favorite gay bar on a typical Saturday night.

Either way, you can quit pissing your granny panties over lib'ruls taking away your fun.

Well at least you found another red dress to wear for Halloween....

20101011110731_divine_red_dress.jpg

....or out to your favorite gay bar on a typical Saturday night.

Either way, you can quit pissing your granny panties over lib'ruls taking away your fun.

Please stop posting pictures of your family and adding captions to them.

I've already shown how you were crying over your loss. :D

Back