Pentagon memo reveals launch of new PR war

uscitizen

Villified User

By LOLITA C. BALDOR
Associated Press

WASHINGTON — The Pentagon is buttressing its public relations staff and starting an operation akin to a political campaign war room as Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld faces intensifying criticism over the Iraq war.

In a memo obtained by the Associated Press, Dorrance Smith, assistant secretary of defense for public affairs, said new teams of people will "develop messages" for the 24-hour news cycle and "correct the record."

Hmmm does PR mean Propaganda Revision ?

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4297464.html

wow this is really interesting I thought history has shown that whenever we critisize our government that the state just bends over and takes it and never does anything to save itself. this is a bizarre turn of events...

bottom line, i want little government as possible. this shit doesn't happen when the government is small.

it is against the law and our constitution for them to use any tax dollars on this....the man of lawlessness at work again!

If it was not a private university you benefitted from others tax dollars. and probably to a lesseer degree even if a private school.

i don't see how, not directly at least, I didn't ask for anything. I didn't get anything put into my pocket, and anything that the tax payers DID pay for (if they did) is most likely open to the public as well as the school.

no dice.

i don't see how, not directly at least, I didn't ask for anything. I didn't get anything put into my pocket, and anything that the tax payers DID pay for (if they did) is most likely open to the public as well as the school.

no dice.

LOL Good one Grind.

Who do you think is paying to provide the campus clean water, who is paying to treat and dispose of your campus sewage and wastewater, and who is paying for at least part of the reserach going on at your campus? City, state, and Federal taxes and grants.

By LOLITA C. BALDOR
Associated Press

WASHINGTON — The Pentagon is buttressing its public relations staff and starting an operation akin to a political campaign war room as Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld faces intensifying criticism over the Iraq war.

In a memo obtained by the Associated Press, Dorrance Smith, assistant secretary of defense for public affairs, said new teams of people will "develop messages" for the 24-hour news cycle and "correct the record."

Hmmm does PR mean Propaganda Revision ?

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4297464.html

so the story says.........The memo describes an operation modeled after a political campaign — such as that made famous by Bill Clinton's successful 1992 presidential race — calling for a "Rapid Response" section for quickly answering opponents' assertions.

double standard?

Back