People with guns - Have you ever almost shot yourself?

I gave my son a Ruger Mark II for his 10th birthday. Apparently he had more common sense then than SocTeaser does now.

I was shooting clays once, with the thrower behind and to my left, the clay went up, I pulled the trigger and then realized my safety was on. :hitit:
Apparently. You are correct sir. My bet is you will use this incident to end debate with me more than once. The same way you call be bung licker to try and end debates.

Apparently. You are correct sir. My bet is you will use this incident to end debate with me more than once. The same way you call be bung licker to try and end debates.
Cite once where I have used your status as a bung-licker to do anything other than insult you. :)

Cite once where I have used your status as a bung-licker to do anything other than insult you. :)

If he were to cite the amount of times you have used that insult INSTEAD of debating him, Damo will be running short of bandwidth.

Soc, that's a lie. When has SM ever actually tried to debate?

Just so everyone knows, on Friday night I was looking at a Ruger Mark II .22 when I stupidly pulled the trigger and it shot my left calf. Luckily it was Rat Shot and did not hit anything vital. I had looked at two wheel guns just before, checked to make sure they were unloaded, treated them like they were loaded and all was well. For some reason I fell asleep at the wheel and put a round in my leg. I am fine now, can actually walk on it, it hurt like being punched real real hard. It was stupid and I still feel stupid having done it.

Holy shit man...I hope you're okay!

And I apologize in advance for this...

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......WHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Oh man, I can't breathe...my sides hurt!

Anyone else notice that almost every single story someone's got about shooting themselves starts with: ..."I'm usually very careful, but..."

Last edited:
Just wondering if any of you have any interesting stories where you could have been safer than you were

My uncle almost shot me in the head when we were hunting. I was about 6 yrs old. I'll never forget that. Guns with alcohol are really dumb. He drank a lot.

The thing that makes you such a pussy, SocTeaser, is that you are constantly misinterpreting what I write, then when I call you on it you disappear. You have no ability to debate, so you demonize me. You've developed this whole caricature of me that you love to hate, so much so that you even started a hate group dedicated to me. It would be pitiful if not so funny. :)

Back