Pick your favorite Secret Society

• Thread starter Thread starter Cancel5
  • Start date Start date
C

Cancel5

Which is your favorite?

I have always liked the Illuminati!

I like to find books written about them, both fiction and historical fact.

Here is a list I have found of secret societies, what is yours?

# Ancient Order of Hibernians, or the AOH (USA) , National Ancient Order of Hibernians, religious group, membership benefits

# Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks (drinking society)

# Catholic Knights of America (fraternal benefit society for Catholics),
Knights of Columbus, for Catholic men and their families, with 11,000 councils internationally. Freemasonry

# Grotto, The Mystic Order of Veiled Prophets of the Enchanted Realm (Master Masons) Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn (England, magical control of the forcer of nature)

# Independent Order of Odd Fellows (finding employment)

# Job's Daughters (member ship for the daughters of Master Masons)

# Knights of Malta, anti-Catholicims. Introduced into the U.S.A. in 1870. This order welcomed all Protestants and were aggressively anti-Catholic. The Knights of Malta is not the same as the Order of Knights of Malta which forms one of the degrees of the York rite of Freemasonry.
# Knights of the Golden Circle

# Knights of the Golden Eagle, with three degrees of membership or classes, Pilgrim, Knight, and Crusader.

# Ku Klux Klan (Tennessee, USA)

# Loyal Order of Moose (dead, sick and dying)

# Modern Woodmen of America, insurance society, combining Jews and Gentiles, Catholics and Protestants, and agnostics and atheists.

# National Grange (Order of the Patrons of Husbandry), advancement of rural life Order of Owls, business, employment and assistance, headquarters in Hartford, Connecticut.

# Order of the Dragon

# Ordination of Opus Dei Priests (Catholic, celibacy)

# Ordo Templis Orientis, The OTO (Order of the Temples of the East),
ritualistic, Ancient Egyptian God's, the Devil, naked rituals.

# P.E.O. Sisterhood, secret society for women

# Red Men (Improved Order of Red Men)

# Rosicrucians, pursuit of esoteric wisdom

# Shriners-The Ancient Arabic Order of Nobles of the Mystic Shrine

# The Bilderberg group

# The Bilderberg Group (military, government, highly influential people)

# The Bohemian Club

# The Carbonari

# The council of 300

# The Council On Foreign Relations

# The Illuminati

# The Independent Order of Foresters, Catholic Order of Foresters, and Ancient Order of Foresters

# The Mafia and various crime syndicates, drug cartels, powerful secret criminal societies

# The Order of Knights of Pythias, promoting friendship among men and relieve suffering Knights Templar, a military religious order, from the Christian Crusades, Order of the Poor Knights of the Temple of Solomon, part of the Masons

# The Priory of Zion (or Sion)

# The Round Table Groups

# United Ancient Order of Druids (London, paganism), Merlin was a member United Order of the Golden Cross abstainers, insurance-provisions

# Woodmen (Modern Woodmen of America)

# Yale society Skull and Bones (oldest, brotherhood of death

Woodman, what is that all about?

Which is your favorite?

I have always liked the Illuminati!

I like to find books written about them, both fiction and historical fact.

Here is a list I have found of secret societies, what is yours?

# Ancient Order of Hibernians, or the AOH (USA) , National Ancient Order of Hibernians, religious group, membership benefits

# Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks (drinking society)

# Catholic Knights of America (fraternal benefit society for Catholics),
Knights of Columbus, for Catholic men and their families, with 11,000 councils internationally. Freemasonry

# Grotto, The Mystic Order of Veiled Prophets of the Enchanted Realm (Master Masons) Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn (England, magical control of the forcer of nature)

# Independent Order of Odd Fellows (finding employment)

# Job's Daughters (member ship for the daughters of Master Masons)

# Knights of Malta, anti-Catholicims. Introduced into the U.S.A. in 1870. This order welcomed all Protestants and were aggressively anti-Catholic. The Knights of Malta is not the same as the Order of Knights of Malta which forms one of the degrees of the York rite of Freemasonry.
# Knights of the Golden Circle

# Knights of the Golden Eagle, with three degrees of membership or classes, Pilgrim, Knight, and Crusader.

# Ku Klux Klan (Tennessee, USA)

# Loyal Order of Moose (dead, sick and dying)

# Modern Woodmen of America, insurance society, combining Jews and Gentiles, Catholics and Protestants, and agnostics and atheists.

# National Grange (Order of the Patrons of Husbandry), advancement of rural life Order of Owls, business, employment and assistance, headquarters in Hartford, Connecticut.

# Order of the Dragon

# Ordination of Opus Dei Priests (Catholic, celibacy)

# Ordo Templis Orientis, The OTO (Order of the Temples of the East),
ritualistic, Ancient Egyptian God's, the Devil, naked rituals.

# P.E.O. Sisterhood, secret society for women

# Red Men (Improved Order of Red Men)

# Rosicrucians, pursuit of esoteric wisdom

# Shriners-The Ancient Arabic Order of Nobles of the Mystic Shrine

# The Bilderberg group

# The Bilderberg Group (military, government, highly influential people)

# The Bohemian Club

# The Carbonari

# The council of 300

# The Council On Foreign Relations

# The Illuminati

# The Independent Order of Foresters, Catholic Order of Foresters, and Ancient Order of Foresters

# The Mafia and various crime syndicates, drug cartels, powerful secret criminal societies

# The Order of Knights of Pythias, promoting friendship among men and relieve suffering Knights Templar, a military religious order, from the Christian Crusades, Order of the Poor Knights of the Temple of Solomon, part of the Masons

# The Priory of Zion (or Sion)

# The Round Table Groups

# United Ancient Order of Druids (London, paganism), Merlin was a member United Order of the Golden Cross abstainers, insurance-provisions

# Woodmen (Modern Woodmen of America)

# Yale society Skull and Bones (oldest, brotherhood of death

Woodman, what is that all about?

Probably the Mafia and crime syndicates. I really like reading about true crime and have the Crime Library bookmarked.

I always thought the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn would be fun. At least their holidays sound entertaining.

The idea of dancing naked around a balefire always sounded like a great way to celebrate. As long as you watch out for those flying sparks & embers.

LOL. I also got curious about Freemasonry, since so many posters dating back to our Netscape days talked about it. Do you remember Jubelum?
What about Jubelem? Was it a nick?

I am a Freemason. I would be most curious about the O.T.O. Although they require a shift in religion so I would never become a member.

What about Jubelem? Was it a nick?

I am a Freemason. I would be most curious about the O.T.O. Although they require a shift in religion so I would never become a member.

It was his screen name. He talked about rising to a certain degree of Freemasonry and giving some kind of lectures. He was also virulently anti-Muslim.

It was his screen name. He talked about rising to a certain degree of Freemasonry and giving some kind of lectures. He was also virulently anti-Muslim.
Well, Freemasonry isn't virulently anti-Muslim. Many of the Prince Hall lodges are centered in Islam.

You are a Freemason? I knew there was something I liked about you.
I am, but I haven't joined any of the appellate bodies, so I am not a Shriner, and have no further degree than the three degrees of the Blue Lodge.

I have been Master of my lodge and currently serve as Treasurer.

I'm going to go with the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks, although I am a member of the Knights of Columbus.

:clink:
do you get to wear the hat and cape?

do you have a sword?

my dad was an Elk, we got to swim at the rich, snobs only pool. We weren't rich, but it is where all of mom and dad's friends from the "old neighborhood" hung out.

Back