Piers Morgan in a video you actually want to watch!

Excellent, Damocles.

Dr. Viktor Frankl, a German Jew who survived the Nazi concentration camps during the Holocaust, wrote in his book Man's Search for Meaning of rare but remarkable examples of men who dying of hunger, yet still gave comfort, along with their last crusts of bread, to their fellow sufferers to alleviate their suffering. Even torture and extreme deprivation could not cause them to abandon their deeply-felt compassion. But those prisoners described by Frankl were Jewish. They haven't confessed Jesus as their savior. I'm sure Paul would consign them to hell, while Jesus would embrace them and count them among His sheep.

Excellent, Damocles.

Dr. Viktor Frankl, a German Jew who survived the Nazi concentration camps during the Holocaust, wrote in his book Man's Search for Meaning of rare but remarkable examples of men who dying of hunger, yet still gave comfort, along with their last crusts of bread, to their fellow sufferers to alleviate their suffering. Even torture and extreme deprivation could not cause them to abandon their deeply-felt compassion. But those prisoners described by Frankl were Jewish. They haven't confessed Jesus as their savior. I'm sure Paul would consign them to hell, while Jesus would embrace them and count them among His sheep.

Are you insane?

He has got some balls facing up to a fast bowler like Brett Lee, that ball is coming towards at nearly 100mph. I wouldn't do it and I've played a lot of cricket in the past.

People in the US do it regularly in this thing called baseball. Fast ball pitchers regularly hit speeds in that range. They usually have a bit more control though.

That was one fun turn to watch. I'd stand there for six, and try to use the bat a bit more.

People in the US do it regularly in this thing called baseball. Fast ball pitchers regularly hit speeds in that range. They usually have a bit more control though.

That was one fun turn to watch. I'd stand there for six, and try to use the bat a bit more.

There isn't much comparison, fast bowlers like Lee can deliver a variety of balls including full toss, yorker, short length and a bouncer at a batsman. You should also remember that they didn't introduce helmets until the 80s when batsmen were dying from injuries to the skull. If the conditions are right then they can also swing the ball away from the batsman or into his body.

There isn't much comparison, fast bowlers like Lee can deliver a variety of balls including full toss, yorker, short ball and a bouncer at a batsman. You should also remember that they didn't introduce helmets until the 80s when batsmen were dying from injuries to the skull.

A 100 mile an hour baseball can kill you, the idea that there is "no comparison" is just flat silliness. Of course there is. That they can bounce the ball on the way there doesn't change the reality of the danger. Although, it is a bit more impressive to be able to deliver at that speed without a running start.

A 100 mile an hour baseball can kill you, the idea that there is "no comparison" is just flat silliness. Of course there is. That they can bounce the ball on the way there doesn't change the reality of the danger. Although, it is a bit more impressive to be able to deliver at that speed without a running start.

I suggest that you play cricket first with a decent fast bowler and then tell me how easy it is. Don't forget to wear a nappy. As far as I can see there has been only one death from a pitcher's ball and that was in 1920 before the introduction of helmets. There have been a number of deaths in cricket from balls hitting the skull or temple.

I also said not much comparison not no comparison, so I would appreciate you not changing my words.

Last edited by a moderator:

I suggest that you play cricket first with a decent fast bowler and then tell me how easy it is. Don't forget to wear a nappy.

I don't think Damo was saying Cricket was easy. At least I didn't get that and Damo most certainly can speak for himself and doesn't need me to defend him. To be honest I don't know diddily about Cricket so I can't really speak intelligently about the sport. I can say that I don't relish the thought of having antsy item hurled towards me at 100 mph.

Question though. It would appear in the video that he didn't have much control or was he throwing it where he wanted? Seems like it is a bit harder to hit than baseball because in baseball a pitcher has to throw within a confined space

Last edited by a moderator:
I know cricketers that have played for many years to a high standard that would shit themselves at the thought of facing somebody like Lee.
Which so far changes nothing of what I've said in this thread. I think you are getting defensive because you know how boring we think Cricket is most times and haven't bothered reading what was said. Instead you went directly into "Defend MY Sport" mode.

And yeah, I'd still stand there and take six. It's likely going into my bucket list in fact.

Which so far changes nothing of what I've said in this thread. I think you are getting defensive because you know how boring we think Cricket is most times and haven't bothered reading what was said. Instead you went directly into "Defend MY Sport" mode.

And yeah, I'd still stand there and take six. It's likely going into my bucket list in fact.

Where are you going to find a top class fast bowler able to deliver varying line and length balls in Colorado?

Last edited:
Back