Piers Morgan in a video you actually want to watch!

He has got some balls facing up to a fast bowler like Brett Lee, that ball is coming towards at nearly 100mph. I wouldn't do it and I've played a lot of cricket in the past.
think about this. A major league pitcher throws it just as hard with out a running start and with a greater degree of control.

A 100 mile an hour baseball can kill you, the idea that there is "no comparison" is just flat silliness. Of course there is. That they can bounce the ball on the way there doesn't change the reality of the danger. Although, it is a bit more impressive to be able to deliver at that speed without a running start.

I suggest that you play cricket first with a decent fast bowler and then tell me how easy it is. Don't forget to wear a nappy. As far as I can see there has been only one death from a pitcher's ball and that was in 1920 before the introduction of helmets. There have been a number of deaths in cricket from balls hitting the skull or temple.

I also said not much comparison not no comparison, so I would appreciate you not changing my words.
Damo didn't say it was easier. He said a MLB pitcher is more impressive in that they throw just as hard without a running start and with greater control. I have to side with Damo there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where are you going to find a top class fast bowler able to deliver varying line and length balls in Colorado?

There are these amazing things called airplanes, in one I can travel to foreign lands where strange people take a running start to throw a fastball.

The Rockies play in Denver...
That would be over kill. I'd evaluate Mr. Lee's pitching/bowling talent at a AA/AAA level but not MLB level. Cricket is by any measure as difficult a sport to master as Major League Baseball but the fact is that there is far more money is Professional MLB than there is in professional Test Cricket and therefore the athletic talent level in MLB is far higher than in professional test cricket. There are very few pro Cricketers that make the equivalent of a $1 million a year where as a journeyman MLB starter will make around $5 million/year and superstars make upwards to $25 million/year.

Try standing in the box, with a softball pitcher that knows their stuff.
I have. My sister played fast pitch softball in high school and local league play when she was younger. The pitching mound is about 15 ft closer to the plate than in baseball wich means if they can get a velocity of 60 mph you have the same reaction time as a 90 mph fastball in baseball. In addition, since they pitch underhanded, she could make the ball break two times in a pitch. I've seen elite softball pitchers who could make it break three times in a pitch. My sister used to practice with a baseball and was literally unhitable pitching a baseball underhanded from 46 ft.

Back