Pizza for the football game!

Ross Dolan

Contributor
The food threads about BLT's and Baby Back Ribs...and the other threads devoted to food...seem to highlight a common denominator unavailable in the political threads...a collegiality absent in those contentious "discussions."

So...in a move toward a more peaceful America...allow me to speak about...

...PIZZA made at home for the football games.

100-2418.jpg

I buy the dough at the supermarket or at a pizza parlor ($2 - $3 tops). Making dough from scratch is fun...but a lot more work than it is worth.

I let the dough sit and rise...and then make the pizza. When forming the pizza dough, I try to stretch it as much as possible. A thin dough is, for me, a better pizza.

The one shown in the picture is with mushrooms (I love 'schrooms)...but sliced green pepper, sliced onions, sauteed eggplant, pepperoni, anchovies, and olives can all be used.

I use whole milk mozzarella...that I shred myself. Nothing expensive needed...in fact, fresh mozzarella often does not work as well as the cheaper varieties because it contains too much water.

The tomato sauce I prefer is canned stewed tomatoes, drained and crushed in a blender. I add a couple cloves of garlic while blending the tomatoes. A bit of oregano.

Chuck it in the oven at 425 for 10 minutes...turn it and give it an additional 10 minutes.

Ahhhh!

That works for me. I do not believe that I have ever had anchovies, however.

An acquired taste that some people NEVER acquire.

I love them on pizza (although I seldom make it that way, because i share the pizza with non-anchovy lovers.

I also love them added to pasta aglio e olio.

The food threads about BLT's and Baby Back Ribs...and the other threads devoted to food...seem to highlight a common denominator unavailable in the political threads...a collegiality absent in those contentious "discussions."

100-2418.jpg

I buy the dough at the supermarket or at a pizza parlor ($2 - $3 tops). Making dough from scratch is fun...but a lot more work than it is worth.

I let the dough sit and rise...and then make the pizza. When forming the pizza dough, I try to stretch it as much as possible. A thin dough is, for me, a better pizza.

The one shown in the picture is with mushrooms (I love 'schrooms)...but sliced green pepper, sliced onions, sauteed eggplant, pepperoni, anchovies, and olives can all be used.

I use whole milk mozzarella...that I shred myself. Nothing expensive needed...in fact, fresh mozzarella often does not work as well as the cheaper varieties because it contains too much water.

The tomato sauce I prefer is canned stewed tomatoes, drained and crushed in a blender. I add a couple cloves of garlic while blending the tomatoes. A bit of oregano.

Chuck it in the oven at 425 for 10 minutes...turn it and give it an additional 10 minutes.

Ahhhh!
Looks Very good;) No eggplant, anchovies added after baking, though...or right at the last minute...finished with fresh basil...or arugula.... ( & I'm* a thick crust girl...;)
BUT, i wouldn't turn that one down...just as is....

My childhood heroes also might have turned me off to them.

It shows we are about the same age range, when they were the big deal for me back then. Them, Street Sharks, and Power Rangers were big when I was little. By the 4th, or 5th grade I got into Dragonball Z. Star Wars however was ingrained in me as a child. A few years ago, I came across an old Star Wars sheet, that can be seen in my crib, in my baby pictures. I remember images of seeing AT-ST's when I was little.

It shows we are about the same age range, when they were the big deal for me back then. Them, Street Sharks, and Power Rangers were big when I was little. By the 4th, or 5th grade I got into Dragonball Z. Star Wars however was ingrained in me as a child. A few years ago, I came across an old Star Wars sheet, that can be seen in my crib, in my baby pictures. I remember images of seeing AT-ST's when I was little.

I used to do the Turtles vs Power Rangers debate at recess, always standing-up for the turtle power. Aside from baseball cards, much of everything else that I collected was Star Wars related.

100-2418.jpg

Ahhhh!
Party at Franks!! ( no pepperoni!!)

I used to do the Turtles vs Power Rangers debate at recess, always standing-up for the turtle power. Aside from baseball cards, much of everything else that I collected was Star Wars related.

I still have oodles of Star Wars stuff. I used to have a closet full of Sideshow Collectable figures, unopened, and still with original shipping containers. I got fed up with having them like that. I sold a few that were worth a pretty penny, and opened the ones I really liked for display. My favorite collectables are a force FX Mace Windu lightsaber, and a Gentle Giant statuette of Luke on a Tauntaun. I was so tempted to sell the saber though, as I saw opened ones with asking prices anywhere from $250.00 to over $600.00.

I still have oodles of Star Wars stuff. I used to have a closet full of Sideshow Collectable figures, unopened, and still with original shipping containers. I got fed up with having them like that. I sold a few that were worth a pretty penny, and opened the ones I really liked for display. My favorite collectables are a force FX Mace Windu lightsaber, and a Gentle Giant statuette of Luke on a Tauntaun. I was so tempted to sell the saber though, as I saw opened ones with asking prices anywhere from $250.00 to over $600.00.

I don't have anything of value, as I wanted to be able to get my hands on everything. The most valuable card I ever got was a Boba Fett that sold for about $35 in 1998 at the card store.

Looks Very good;) No eggplant, anchovies added after baking, though...or right at the last minute...finished with fresh basil...or arugula.... ( & I'm* a thick crust girl...;)
BUT, i wouldn't turn that one down...just as is....

"I'm a thick crust girl"
Please we don't want to hear about your Yeast infection!

Put them on EBay

I like a basic, thin crust, pepperoni with extra cheese. Unfortunately, I only get half of one. For reasons I cannot explain, the girlfriend thinks that pineapple belongs on pizza.

I like a basic, thin crust, pepperoni with extra cheese. Unfortunately, I only get half of one. For reasons I cannot explain, the girlfriend thinks that pineapple belongs on pizza.

I try to be reasonable about different pizza tastes...but the "pineapple" thingy is more than I can take. I have a good friend (he and his wife) think it is great. I make sure not to go out for pizza with them. My wife is not a pizza fan of any sort.

Back