Pizza for the football game!

Hi there Frank....with excellent ingredients ‘there are so many different ways to experiment with pizza....EVERY YEaR THEY HaVE a HUGE restaurant trade who here, with a focus on pies....you'd love to wander around, sampling and getting ideas (and a big goodie‘bag by the end‘of the day:)
(I've never had pineapple...why would you? lol) '

As much as I love pineapple, for some reason it just doesn't work on pizza for me. I also sometimes put the pepperoni under the cheese, it doesn't get as greasy that way.

As much as I love pineapple, for some reason it just doesn't work on pizza for me. I also sometimes put the pepperoni under the cheese, it doesn't get as greasy that way.

In Toledo there is a small chain that put all toppings under the cheese,the pizza is amazing!

The food threads about BLT's and Baby Back Ribs...and the other threads devoted to food...seem to highlight a common denominator unavailable in the political threads...a collegiality absent in those contentious "discussions."

So...in a move toward a more peaceful America...allow me to speak about...

...PIZZA made at home for the football games.

100-2418.jpg

I buy the dough at the supermarket or at a pizza parlor ($2 - $3 tops). Making dough from scratch is fun...but a lot more work than it is worth.

I let the dough sit and rise...and then make the pizza. When forming the pizza dough, I try to stretch it as much as possible. A thin dough is, for me, a better pizza.

The one shown in the picture is with mushrooms (I love 'schrooms)...but sliced green pepper, sliced onions, sauteed eggplant, pepperoni, anchovies, and olives can all be used.

I use whole milk mozzarella...that I shred myself. Nothing expensive needed...in fact, fresh mozzarella often does not work as well as the cheaper varieties because it contains too much water.

The tomato sauce I prefer is canned stewed tomatoes, drained and crushed in a blender. I add a couple cloves of garlic while blending the tomatoes. A bit of oregano.

Chuck it in the oven at 425 for 10 minutes...turn it and give it an additional 10 minutes.

Ahhhh!

This board is going to ruin my diet.

Back