Please Explain to me what is so great about Fred Thompson

Spent a third of his life on the planet as a corporate lobbyist.

Had a modestly successful Hollywood career in supporting roles.

Had one term in the U.S. Senate, which by most accounts was lackluster, and characterized by laziness.

1. He got two majors.

2. He went to law school.

3. He became assistant US attorney in his 20's.

4. He was partially responsible for the downfall of Nixon

5. Helped topple a corrupt Tennessee governer

6. THEN he became a lobbyist

7. THEN he became a senator (how is it not a major accomplishment to win a senate seat? If it's so easy, go try it.)

8. He became an actor on law and order, which is interesting but not one of his major accomplishments

9. He's a fucking conservative Reaganite.

What did Hillary do? Haphazardly stumble into the position of first wife? How is that an accomplishment?

Now, if I could trust him to be a Reaganite he might get my vote. However, his money is coming from a dubious source. I do not like that he seems to be getting the same money from the same sources as Bush. It makes me feel as if he may not be what he seems.

Watermark:
1. He got two majors.

2. He went to law school.

So did millions of americans. This is not a demonstration of leadership, proportionate to becoming president. There are millions of law school grads.

3. He became assistant US attorney in his 20's.

4. He was partially responsible for the downfall of Nixon

5. Helped topple a corrupt Tennessee governer

Mid-level management or supervisory positions. He either didn’t strive to become one of the top dogs, or didn’t have the skill or desire too. I doubt he was even considered one of the nations top 100 lawyers - like Hillary and Edwards were.

6. THEN he became a lobbyist

Self-serving career with a nice salary. No evidence of leadership. He worked in someone else’s company, so he didn’t exhibit the drive to be the top dog…again.

7. THEN he became a senator (how is it not a major accomplishment to win a senate seat? If it's so easy, go try it.)

One term, and probably elected mostly on name and face recognition from television and movies. He didn’t do much in the senate, and was purported to be rather lazy. Decided to bail out of the senate after one term, to go back to a two-bit modest acting career. YAWN…not impressed.

8. He became an actor on law and order, which is interesting but not one of his major accomplishments

Right. Not a major accomplishment, in terms of demonstrating leadership capacity.

9. He's a fucking conservative Reaganite.

Says who? His campaign website, and his spinmasters? Lol

Bottom line: I don’t see a lot of evidence that Thompson either had the drive, the skill, or the ambition to the top dog….one of the best in his field….the Alpha Male, as it were.

Sorry, I want an Alpha Male (or Alpha Female) to be our next president. Dudes who have proven they are driven and aggressive to not only be successful, but to be outstanding in their chosen endeavors. The top dog mentality.

I’m not interested in any more guys, who cultivate a tough guy, alpha male image…but, image is all it is. Their reality being more akin to weak milquetoasts.

Last edited:
when you get out in the real world, you'll understand watermark.

Certain people are destined, and strive to be leaders. They strive for excellence in their chosen endeavors. Being an alpha male (or female) has nothing to do with being a hitler.

We don't need presidents only because the have "good policies". We could hire some PhD from Stanford University for that. We also have presidents who have to meet face to face with the leaders of China, Russia, and also america's enemies. We need someone who not only knows what the fuck their doing, but is a true and demonstrated leader.

when you get out in the real world, you'll understand watermark.

Certain people are destined, and strive to be leaders. They strive for excellence in their chosen endeavors. Being an alpha male (or female) has nothing to do with being a hitler.

We don't need presidents only because the have "good policies". We could hire some PhD from Stanford University for that. We also have presidents who have to meet face to face with the leaders of China, Russia, and also america's enemies. We need someone who not only knows what the fuck their doing, but is a true and demonstrated leader.

I've had enough of my life of being pushed around by ruthless, immoral, machaivalean "leaders". I'll pass.

So did millions of americans. This is not a demonstration of leadership, proportionate to becoming president. There are millions of law school grads.

Mid-level management or supervisory positions. He either didn’t strive to become one of the top dogs, or didn’t have the skill or desire too. I doubt he was even considered one of the nations top 100 lawyers - like Hillary and Edwards were.

Self-serving career with a nice salary. No evidence of leadership. He worked in someone else’s company, so he didn’t exhibit the drive to be the top dog…again.

One term, and probably elected mostly on name and face recognition from television and movies. He didn’t do much in the senate, and was purported to be rather lazy. Decided to bail out of the senate after one term, to go back to a two-bit modest acting career. YAWN…not impressed.

Right. Not a major accomplishment, in terms of demonstrating leadership capacity.

Says who? His campaign website, and his spinmasters? Lol

Bottom line: I don’t see a lot of evidence that Thompson either had the drive, the skill, or the ambition to the top dog….one of the best in his field….the Alpha Male, as it were.

Sorry, I want an Alpha Male (or Alpha Female) to be our next president. Dudes who have proven they are driven and aggressive to not only be successful, but to be outstanding in their chosen endeavors. The top dog mentality.

I’m not interested in any more guys, who cultivate a tough guy, alpha male image…but, image is all it is. Their reality being more akin to weak milquetoasts.

If Edwards is really the man why did he not run for re-election? Would an "Alpha-Male" not run for one re-election because he knows he cannot win???

Cypress please tell us why Edwards will beat Hillary and Obama. He will not but why do you believe he will?

I've had enough of my life of being pushed around by ruthless, immoral, machaivalean "leaders". I'll pass.

WM

We're not talking about the bullies in your high school hallway, or the football jocks who ridicule you.

We're talking about having a man or woman with ambition, drive, charisma, and strength to be the leader of a great nation.

WM

We're not talking about the bullies in your high school hallway, or the football jocks who ridicule you.

We're talking about having a man or woman with ambition, drive, charisma, and strength to be the leader of a great nation.

No. It's the same fuckers, cypress. You think they become nice after high school?

No. It's the same fuckers, cypress. You think they become nice after high school?

I'm sorry that you were bullied by football jocks in high school. That's your problem.

Don't assume that because you've been pushed around your whole life, that ALL people who have drive, skill, and ambition are neccessarily evil or have ill intent. .

I'm sorry that you were bullied by football jocks in high school. That's your problem.

Don't assume that because you've been pushed around your whole life, that ALL people who have drive, skill, and ambition are neccessarily evil or have ill intent. .

I just generally find that in general, a person's desire for power and authority is inversely proportional to their general moral character.

I just generally find that in general, a person's desire for power and authority is inversely proportional to their general moral character.

Well, when you grow up and get in the real world, you'll find otherwise.

Noboby gets to be the CEO of a corporation, a top-ranked lawyer, a Governor, or a 4-star General, without being ambitious, driven, charismatic, and strong.

That's the way it works dude. We don't have milquetoasts running american corporations, or running the major institutions of this country.

Back