Portland Reservoir To Be Flushed After Teen Pees In The Water Supply

signalmankenneth

Verified User
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/17/teens-pee-in-portland-water_n_5163976.html

48548959.jpg

It is called arse covering, they don't want some malicious journalist making up a bullshit story about polluted drinking water. Considering how litigious the US is, they would probably be inundated with people suing them.

Hilarious. The environmental and economic impacts of dumping all that clean water are astronomical, and for no reason at all except the perception of some liberals.

The urine poses little risk — animals routinely deposit waste without creating a public health crisis — but Shaff said he doesn't want to serve water that was deliberately tainted.
Water quality test samples have been taken from the reservoir, with results due Thursday. The water will be drained into the sewage system that eventually dumps into the Columbia River.

:rofl2:

Where is Obama's EPA Stormtroopers, allowing them to dump all that polluted water into the river.

The urine poses little risk — animals routinely deposit waste without creating a public health crisis — but Shaff said he doesn't want to serve water that was deliberately tainted.
Water quality test samples have been taken from the reservoir, with results due Thursday. The water will be drained into the sewage system that eventually dumps into the Columbia River.

:rofl2:

Where is Obama's EPA Stormtroopers, allowing them to dump all that polluted water into the river.
The pee poses zero risk. Dumping clean water into the sewer pollutes it since the plant discharge is rarely better than 20 ppm.

KEEP PORTLAND WEIRD

You'd think a bunch of dirty hippies would be used to filthy water. Also, they would want to put the environment ahead of public health!

Say the kid has a huge bladder and pees a quart into the 38 million gallon reservoir. Say his pee is super concentrated, instead of a normal few thousand parts per million waste was 100% waste. That would make the resultant mixture polluted to 0.007 parts per million. So this idiots solution is to dump it all in the sewer, where the resultant pollution in the discharge would be about 20 ppm, maybe 15 at best. That's 2300 times more polluted than what gets dumped in the sewer.

What he's proposing is not only dumb, but illegal.

Say the kid has a huge bladder and pees a quart into the 38 million gallon reservoir. Say his pee is super concentrated, instead of a normal few thousand parts per million waste was 100% waste. That would make the resultant mixture polluted to 0.007 parts per million. So this idiots solution is to dump it all in the sewer, where the resultant pollution in the discharge would be about 20 ppm, maybe 15 at best. That's 2300 times more polluted than what gets dumped in the sewer.

What he's proposing is not only dumb, but illegal.

Surely the water having been treated will have chlorine in it which kills any pathogens.

It is called arse covering, they don't want some malicious journalist making up a bullshit story about polluted drinking water. Considering how litigious the US is, they would probably be inundated with people suing them.

Portland's Water Department motto is: “we deliver the best drinking water in the world.

So naturally they are going to live to that motto, by flushing that reservoir!

So do they flush if a bird flies over it and craps in the water?

Who cares about a bird crapping in the water, it's just gross to have a human being pissing in there drinking water?!!
So if I was up stream in a creek taking a leak and you were down stream and see me pissing in the water, would you drink the water?

Who cares about a bird crapping in the water, it's just gross to have a human being pissing in there drinking water?!!
So if I was up stream in a creek taking a leak and you were down stream and see me pissing in the water, would you drink the water?

so i take it if a bird crapped in the water up stream....you would drink it.....

Hugs! You great big beautiful bot!

Bloody hell Ken, it seems that this is a subject that caused you so much angst that you've actually responded. As the article stated it was treated water which means that it has chlorine in it. You probably believe in homeopathy as well, if you think that a lire of piss in a reservoir with millions of litres of water is going to be a health hazard. Birds carry some pretty nasty pathogens in their poop so I would be a lot more concerned about that. Anyway man, you survived Vietnam so I doubt that someone taking a leak is going to kill you.

They certainly wouldn't go to Louisiana which has virtually the worst healthcare provision in the US. Why don't you ask the Hispanic waiters and ball boys at your country club?

You Brits are too dumb to use air condition.
Louisiana is way smarter than England.

Bloody hell Ken, it seems that this is a subject that caused you so much angst that you've actually responded. As the article stated it was treated water which means that it has chlorine in it. You probably believe in homeopathy as well, if you think that a lire of piss in a reservoir with millions of litres of water is going to be a health hazard. Birds carry some pretty nasty pathogens in their poop so I would be a lot more concerned about that. Anyway man, you survived Vietnam so I doubt that someone taking a leak is going to kill you.

MY GOD, WHAT ARE ALL OF YOU DOING??
AREN'T YOU AWARE THAT TERRORISTS COULD COMPLETELY DESTROY THE ENTIRE WATER SUPPLY OF THE UNITED STATES, BY JUST PEEING IN IT AND YOU JUST TOLD THEM WHAT TO DO.
YOU ALL NOW HAVE THE YELLOW STAIN OF TERRORISM ON YOUR HANDS.

:palm:

Back