Post your memes here! Time for some fun.

unnMOXG.jpg

It's also not fascism, nor is it something do with Nazis.

What is it when a President seeks to overthrow the Constitution he was sworn to uphold?

BTW, do you believe an oath should be held legally binding forever unless officially renounced? I strongly believe it's morally binding forever, but YMMV.

9-5-20.jpg

Last edited:
What is it when a President seeks to overthrow the Constitution he was sworn to uphold?

BTW, do you believe an oath should be held legally binding forever unless officially renounced? I strongly believe it's morally binding forever, but YMMV.

I think an oath of office is legally binding while in that office. Once you leave office, you are back to being just another citizen or whatever. An oath of office is never morally binding, because you have no means to enforce morality on anyone at anytime. You can only enforce the legal or illegal acts they perform.

I think an oath of office is legally binding while in that office. Once you leave office, you are back to being just another citizen or whatever. An oath of office is never morally binding, because you have no means to enforce morality on anyone at anytime. You can only enforce the legal or illegal acts they perform.

Legally, you are correct. Disagreed morally. The oath itself has no time limit like the contract we each signed.

Not a lawyer but my best info is that it's never been tested in court. After all, how often does treason and sedition come up? LOL

FWIW, if they ask my opinion, I support holding people to their word but leave open the option that they can openly and legally renounce their oath. Thoughts?

Legally, you are correct. Disagreed morally. The oath itself has no time limit like the contract we each signed.

Not a lawyer but my best info is that it's never been tested in court. After all, how often does treason and sedition come up? LOL

FWIW, if they ask my opinion, I support holding people to their word but leave open the option that they can openly and legally renounce their oath. Thoughts?

Treason and sedition are legal issues, not moral ones. Someone can think they are acting perfectly moral and correct while committing either. Look no further than the US Civil War for proof of that.

Treason and sedition are legal issues, not moral ones. Someone can think they are acting perfectly moral and correct while committing either. Look no further than the US Civil War for proof of that.

Agreed it's all legal and I'm not a fucking lawyer.

If the oath is held up on a court of law, would the UCMJ apply against the vets?

The Civil War was over 150 years ago. A few things have changed since then. Heck, the official records act has changed since Nixon and Trump. LOL

TA7YGWO3F5EELAY3RDZNSNS5MY.jpg

Agreed it's all legal and I'm not a fucking lawyer.

If the oath is held up on a court of law, would the UCMJ apply against the vets?

The Civil War was over 150 years ago. A few things have changed since then. Heck, the official records act has changed since Nixon and Trump. LOL

No, the UCMJ does not apply to veterans. For example, on the back of my retired military ID card, my status is listed as "civilian." The UCMJ only applies to service members on active duty or official orders.

Back