Powerball

Anyone playing? If so, what are you going to do with your fortune if you win?

Sure, the fantasy is worth a few bucks.

I would secure the financial security of the ones I love. That would take up a small part of the winnings.

I would support humanitarian causes that I feel important. That I think could make the world a better place. Unlike many wealthy people, I would not use that money in political causes.

A couple million to keep my family comfortable.

Animal conservation programs
Nature Conservancy land acquisition programs
Clean water programs in developing countries
Refugee assistance programs
Marine conservation programs

I would secure the financial security of the ones I love. That would take up a small part of the winnings.

I would support humanitarian causes that I feel important. That I think could make the world a better place. Unlike many wealthy people, I would not use that money in political causes.

Not doubting your last statement but just asking this for fun. You’re willing to spend a lot of time talking politics here, which does absolutely nothing in the real world, but with real money in your pocket you wouldn’t want to have actual influence?

Set up programs that help educate kids that are self sustaining

If you have a big enough bundle of money in the right place it can fund indefinitely

And have your helped people give some back after the good results have paid off

Donated time and or money

You gotta' love those special kids on the St. Jude and Scottish Rite Hospital ads.

And also those children born here and around the world that have cleft lips or disfigurative limb diseases- all that could be helped or corrected through expensive surgeries.

And, every time I see those SPCA and other Abused Animal Shelter commercials of those abused animals, I tend to want to cry and puke at the same time.

I would like to see progress in Cancer and Alzheimer Disease research.

I would also love to be able to help the Ukrainians out in some way! Some of the poorer Caribbean Islands could use some attention too after all the hurricanes and earthquakes left millions homeless.

Still there are millions of people dying from starvation and disease in African nations.

I would like to see more animals on the endangered species list and help to guarantee their protection and preservation.

Me, I don't really need anything- perhaps I would like a Mountain Cabin near a trout stream in Colorado- God's Country- but nothing extravagant!
Extravagance is not really me.

So, I would help my family out and spend my FORTUNE on the causes I mentioned above.

Last edited:
Yeap

Some beach cottage on my animal rescue facility would be heaven for me

My dream retirement?

Walking dogs on the beach

LOTS OF THEM

Not doubting your last statement but just asking this for fun. You’re willing to spend a lot of time talking politics here, which does absolutely nothing in the real world, but with real money in your pocket you wouldn’t want to have actual influence?

Naw, there’s more than enough influence already. They wouldn’t need mine.

Money does weird things to people. I would hope that I could maintain my focus on what is really important in life. There are times where I have lost that focus. My hope would be to funnel that prosperity where it could be a better place. That would not include buying influence.

I love my community. This is where I was born and raised. That would probably be a priority for me.

Naw, there’s more than enough influence already. They wouldn’t need mine.

Money does weird things to people. I would hope that I could maintain my focus on what is really important in life. There are times where I have lost that focus. My hope would be to funnel that prosperity where it could be a better place. That would not include buying influence.

I love my community. This is where I was born and raised. That would probably be a priority for me.

I’ve made one political donation in my life (ironically to Gavin Newsom) and have said I wouldn’t do so again. (That donation was almost 20 years ago and so far I’ve stayed true to that.). So I understand your feelings there.

I’ve made one political donation in my life (ironically to Gavin Newsom) and have said I wouldn’t do so again. (That donation was almost 20 years ago and so far I’ve stayed true to that.). So I understand your feelings there.

I don't like where the money goes with Campaign Contributions.

I hate those ugly and horrible Opponent Attacking ads we have to sit through on TV from BOTH SIDES OF THE AISLE AT EVERY ELECTION CYCLE.

If you can't tell us the issues- YOU THE CANDIDATE- that are important to you, and what YOU intend to do about them, STFU about your opponent- BECAUSE I DON'T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT WHAT YOU PERSONALLY THINK ABOUT YOUR OPPONENT OR ANYONE ELSE!

If you run a campaign ad, it should be all about you- NOT YOUR POLITICAL OPPONENT!

I HATE NEGATIVE ADS. They only propagate HATE! HATE BEGETS HATE!

Most of the blatant lies and deceptions I have ever seen were in hateful campaign ads.

Last edited:

Your plan sounds very much like mine. I'd love to set up a foundation and have a couple of employees who roam the Internet looking for stories of ppl down on their luck -- working single parent whose car just died, family whose house burned down, etc. -- and anonymously helping them out. We could also brighten the day of someone who did an extraordinary deed to help someone else. What a dream, to be able to do that!

I admire people like the former Mrs. Bezos very much.

A couple million to keep my family comfortable.

Animal conservation programs
Nature Conservancy land acquisition programs

Clean water programs in developing countries
Refugee assistance programs
Marine conservation programs

Ra-men! And to the rest of your plans, too.

Part of the money if I won, I would set up a foundation to teach kids from age 5 to 15 swimming lessons for free?!! I lost a couple childhood friends that drown, they could not swim and I would like to help young people who are interested in the trades and technical schools and contribute to charities?!!

Anyone playing?

If so, what are you going to do with your fortune if you win?

No, but I've been meaning to buy a ticket. Can't win if you don't play, eh? :)

I'd buy a few things, but wouldn't change much. Take the wife on a few trips and cruises.

Most of the money would go to a scholarship fund to train pilots. Maybe set up a school myself, although I'd hire out most of the work. LOL

Always play 10 bucks for these types for fun. In my career, I have seen the Lottery destroy a lot of money that should be used for other things. Most who play regularly can least afford it

I would put the money in a charitable trust to help the children that have lost a parent or parents to a tragic situation. I would ask the President and Governor of my state to exempt taxes to be included in the trust. The trust would be run by volunteers including myself

Back