Preferred new movie viewing experience.

• In theater

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • At home but must wait 30 days

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • "I will NOT be watching!"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I can count the number of movies I've been to this century with less than ten fingers.

Watching at home on a big screen TV is better and more enjoyable than sitting in the theater, stepping on sticky stuff and listening to two people talk.

I went to the movies today, been home maybe a hour.....it was a strangely sad experience....the joy was gone....the energy was low.

I dont know if this was because movies are going away, it might be that people are traumatized.

I know that our kids are, we sure did fuck them up.

Has anyone seen Avatar 2?

Hollywood sucks now.

Back in the day they were pro-American.

They are not now.

Also out of touch with real Americans.

I went to the movies today, been home maybe a hour.....it was a strangely sad experience....the joy was gone....the energy was low.

I dont know if this was because movies are going away, it might be that people are traumatized.

I know that our kids are, we sure did fuck them up.

In a year you could have bought the DVD for the price of theater popcorn.

I can count the number of movies I've been to this century with less than ten fingers.

Watching at home on a big screen TV is better and more enjoyable than sitting in the theater, stepping on sticky stuff and listening to two people talk.

Remember this?

vtcC4Tr.jpg

Loved watching Star Trek movies on it.

Good times.

I have read that Hollywood gave the theaters a message: "30 days before streaming is all that we are willing to give you, kiss the ring for our generosity".

That is a bad bad sign for people who like cinema.

I have read that Hollywood gave the theaters a message: "30 days before streaming is all that we are willing to give you, kiss the ring for our generosity".

That is a bad bad sign for people who like cinema.

Why? People will pay for good entertainment.

In fact, one trend is toward mini-series viewed at home. I'm currently on episode three of "Night Sky" and on episode 5 out of 7 for "Under the Banner of Heaven".

Most movies are for "date night" anyway.

There are some movies which are better in a theater. Sure you can still watch them on TV but the effects of the big screen can't be duplicated. It does make a difference although I haven't been in one in a while.

There are some movies which are better in a theater. Sure you can still watch them on TV but the effects of the big screen can't be duplicated. It does make a difference although I haven't been in one in a while.

Agreed. Which is why I rarely go to the movies; most aren't that awesome in the theater.

I do enjoy the Imax or 3D movies. Avatar was a rich experience and so was Gravity.

Overall, however, most movies are fine on a large screen TV with a decent sound bar and woofer.

Agreed. Which is why I rarely go to the movies; most aren't that awesome in the theater.

I do enjoy the Imax or 3D movies. Avatar was a rich experience and so was Gravity.

Overall, however, most movies are fine on a large screen TV with a decent sound bar and woofer.
Top Gun would be good in theater. Bohemian Rhapsody would be another.

Top Gun would be good in theater. Bohemian Rhapsody would be another.

The music in Bohemian Rhapsody certainly deserves better than a TV speaker. My wife bought me a sound bar for my 65th birthday. We already had one but I like a really good bass sound and listening to streaming music through my wooferless previous little sound bar wasn't cutting it...although it did help with movies.

The system, a Yamaha YAS-209, is moderately priced and serves me quite well. My only complaint is that it's Alexa connection has a problem with playing Spotify. I like to have the TV news on mute and listen to music through the sound bar, but half the time it won't play Spotify through Alexa. I don't know why. It plays fine through the television Spotify app.

Yes, I watched Bohemian Rhapsody with it. LOL I listen to all DVDs through it.

Back