Price of oil is going way up

Oh well, then f everyone else.

I don't really care. I'm not raising kids and living on the edge. If I have to put 50 dollars rather than 30 into my tank, I don't even notice what I'm putting in.

But it hurts a lot of people. It's nothing to celebrate.

It doesn't hurt me at all, but it kills a lot of lower to middle income families (the same folks who tops thinks are "fat & happy").

you may want to buy some oil now so when you meet mr right and pop out a few kids you'll be able to afford filling up the minivan.

smart people like Uncle Jed invest in oil and retire younger!!!

...and we don't give a shit what happens to the economy for our kids and grandkids, nor do we care what happens to the planets climate! We won't have to deal with the consequences - our kids will! HaHa! Suckers!

Damnit, just when i thought i had enough to start paying off some older bills gonna have to put in another $100 a month in my gas tank. Mother fucker!

Duhla you have my sympathies on the no kids thing.
those without huge incomes can buy oil as well, there are numerous examples of fireman/ teachers getting to over a million.
Not any of you morons though.

Duhla you have my sympathies on the no kids thing.
those without huge incomes can buy oil as well, there are numerous examples of fireman/ teachers getting to over a million.
Not any of you morons though.

Thanks Top, that means a lot to me.

So Top, what percent gain did you make off the Apple stock?

Probably not as much as the 53% one of my common stocks is yielding in dividends. Yes, 53%, not 5.3%, it's not a typo.

Cost basis of my holding in BP is $13.35, and Exxon is $30.06

You're not the only smart guy on this board.

Last edited:
yeah was reading the other day that the average 401K account was worth something like 35K.....

So it is not taking 5 years for oil to hit $80/bbl like you predicted spin?
You need some more gashopper lessons there bud.

yeah was reading the other day that the average 401K account was worth something like 35K.....

So it is not taking 5 years for oil to hit $80/bbl like you predicted spin?
You need some more gashopper lessons there bud.
Heck, that's not even the best yield in the portfolio. I have one that is yielding over 100%. Yes 100%, again not a typo. I DO know how to do math, so you know I have the numbers right.

I've been at about 25% cash waiting for a correction since April.

Back