Pro-Choice Rudy

Cancel7

Banned
These records were given to The Politico by a "rival campaign" which refused to be identified on record. I figure either McCain or Romney, and there's going to be more dirt. The Republicans themselves are going to shred Rudy I think.

And look, the guy is pro-choice. This guy was pro-choice and proudly so, the entire time he was mayor here.

Giuliani gave to Planned Parenthood
By: Jonathan Martin
May 8, 2007 05:59 AM EST

Republican presidential candidate Rudy Giuliani in his campaign appearances this year has stated that he personally abhors abortion, even though he supports keeping a legal right to choose. But records show that in the '90s he contributed money at least six times to Planned Parenthood, one of the country's leading abortion rights groups and its top provider of abortions.

Federal tax returns made public by the former New York mayor show that he and his then-wife, Donna Hanover, made personal donations to national, state and city chapters of Planned Parenthood totaling $900 in 1993, 1994, 1998 and 1999.

The returns have been on the public record for years, but the detail about Giuliani's support for Planned Parenthood -- along with e-mailed copies of the returns -- was provided to The Politico by aides to a rival campaign, who insisted on not being identified.

Giuliani's old contributions could echo throughout the 2008 GOP nomination battle, as he seeks to lessen the political impact of his support for abortion rights -- an unpopular position among the social conservatives who in recent elections have weighed decisively in the primaries and caucuses. The issue was raised anew at last week's debate at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library, when Giuliani gave a noncommittal answer to the question of whether it would be a good day for the country if Roe v. Wade were overturned.

http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=6891488B-3048-5C12-006C641A1CEAD6E2

Poor Rudy...But then he is a Bushie all the way. Just tell em what they want to hear and ignore reality....

All the antics of the repubs are going to be interesting especially as this season of "Another 6 Months" nears it's season finalle.
And the ongoing drama of who will be "voted out" this month ?
And who will swap partners ?

Just a soap opera.

Poor Rudy is twisting himself in pretzels, to not alienat the base too much. Did you see at the GOP debate, when the question was asked "What would you think if Roe v. Wade was overturned", Rudy couldn't quite think up a good answer, and blurted out: "It'd be Okay with me".

Which is it Rudy?

Poor Rudy is twisting himself in pretzels, to not alienat the base too much. Did you see at the GOP debate, when the question was asked "What would you think if Roe v. Wade was overturned", Rudy couldn't quite think up a good answer, and blurted out: "It'd be Okay with me".

Which is it Rudy?
Rightly or wrongly -- wrongly, I think, but what the hell -- no Republican can be both pro-choice and successful at the national level today.

I hope the Republicans do nominate him. Doing so would seriously weaken the ties between the Republican Party and the anti-choice movement. I don't believe he's got as much chance as Komodo Dragon would have of surviving winter in Antarctica though.

As a caveat, I have to say that the whole Republican debate last week left me shaking my head in amazement. People often accuse me of being partisan because I never, ever vote for Republicans. It's not that I hate the Republican Party, though, it's that I hate Republicans.

Actually, that's not true. I did vote for one Republican once: Pete McCloskey. Unfortunately, he recently switched to Democrat so there goes my ace in the hole.

I mean look at that cluster-fuck. Ten moral munchkins all in a row, every single one of them mindlessly mouthing ideas that are the polar opposite of everything I believe in. Why in the world would I want to vote for a Republican? They don't support anything I want for America. Anything at all. They consistently bat .000, every single year. It's almost like they're reading my mail. Maybe they are, come to think of it.

As far as I can tell, every single Republican of national stature wants a return to the Gilded Age of the late 19th century, when the rich were free to do as they damned well pleased.

Rightly or wrongly -- wrongly, I think, but what the hell -- no Republican can be both pro-choice and successful at the national level today.

I hope the Republicans do nominate him. Doing so would seriously weaken the ties between the Republican Party and the anti-choice movement. I don't believe he's got as much chance as Komodo Dragon would have of surviving winter in Antarctica though.

As a caveat, I have to say that the whole Republican debate last week left me shaking my head in amazement. People often accuse me of being partisan because I never, ever vote for Republicans. It's not that I hate the Republican Party, though, it's that I hate Republicans.

Actually, that's not true. I did vote for one Republican once: Pete McCloskey. Unfortunately, he recently switched to Democrat so there goes my ace in the hole.

I mean look at that cluster-fuck. Ten moral munchkins all in a row, every single one of them mindlessly mouthing ideas that are the polar opposite of everything I believe in. Why in the world would I want to vote for a Republican? They don't support anything I want for America. Anything at all. They consistently bat .000, every single year. It's almost like they're reading my mail. Maybe they are, come to think of it.

As far as I can tell, every single Republican of national stature wants a return to the Gilded Age of the late 19th century, when the rich were free to do as they damned well pleased.

Yes! Excellent post Ornot. I hate when people say that if you never consider a Republican for national office, you are a yellow dog dem or you don't think or something along those lines. You have expressed exactly why I never have, and never would. And yes, I do think.

I have to give him one thing: he sticks to his guns and he's not changing up his position like Mitt or all the other tools to appeal to the base. That's something that has to be said for him.

HERE HERE!

Rudy for Prez....???

Naw he is just Mayor caliber...to be honest I think the election will be a McCain/Tancredo ticket running against Hillary/Obama...a sorry state of affairs...I will vote strickly third party...albeit it will be a protest vote...then again I like Tancredo...so I am still debating with myself...:pke:

Naw he is just Mayor caliber...to be honest I think the election will be a McCain/Tancredo ticket running against Hillary/Obama...a sorry state of affairs...I will vote strickly third party...albeit it will be a protest vote...then again I like Tancredo...so I am still debating with myself...:pke:
You think they'll select Tom for VP? Interesting. I'm too close to the guy to get too deep in this one. Tom is a really good person who is presented often as a nutjob to others. He truly doesn't expect anything out of this other than a hope to get the debate into territory that will create a better border option than what is currently being pressed.

Well...

You think they'll select Tom for VP? Interesting. I'm too close to the guy to get too deep in this one. Tom is a really good person who is presented often as a nutjob to others. He truly doesn't expect anything out of this other than a hope to get the debate into territory that will create a better border option than what is currently being pressed.

Would this not be a great combo...a actual war vet...with a mate who has a handle on all the 'Illegal Alein' problems...being that I am a vet and did work the Mexican Border(as a Fed in LE) well these two are the only ones I can relate too!

I think watching the next crop of bland Demopublicans scramble and tug like little children at the people to be selected the next dictator of the US will be absolutely hilarious.

Tommy Fascist. Good guy, he is.

Damo, all the candidates are basically "good guys". I'm sure if you got down on a stool, had a beer with Osama Bin Ladin, and completely ignored religion, culture, and politics, he'd be a pretty "good guy" too (assuming you new Arabic). It doesn't matter if they're a "good guy", it's the fact that Tom Tancredo is a fascist nutjob who wants to shut off all immigration to the US out of petty fear that pisses me off. Also the fact that there's basically nothing else about him.

It is sad that both parties only have politicians in them isn't it ?
We need a good leader.

Last edited:
Damo, all the candidates are basically "good guys". I'm sure if you got down on a stool, had a beer with Osama Bin Ladin, and completely ignored religion, culture, and politics, he'd be a pretty "good guy" too (assuming you new Arabic). It doesn't matter if they're a "good guy", it's the fact that Tom Tancredo is a fascist nutjob who wants to shut off all immigration to the US out of petty fear that pisses me off. Also the fact that there's basically nothing else about him.
He wants to "shut off" illegal immigration, not all immigration. You are simply intent on misrepresenting his point because you think that open borders are good.

Three of the people who were going to attack Ft. Dix were here illegally. Under the new amnesty bill they'd be given a quick blessing and be "citizens".

Fantastic.

and until convicted could buy Guns if the NRA has it's way.
I don't think any non citizen should be able to legally buy guns.

Back