Pro Tip….

I think Trump's deportation talk is a lot of bluster, and likely something he won't follow through with on a large scale if he's elected. I think even he understands the economic impact that would have.
Its very much like the wall, he might deport a few, less than 100 people.

If you don't think he'll follow through on his agenda, then why are you so afraid of him?
Even 10% of his agenda will be awful, but its the other stuff that concerns me more, eroding the elements of Democracy that prevent a despot from taking power. Making the presidency more powerful and diminishing the co-equal branches seriously concerns me.

He sees Democracy as secondary to his power.

I do not want a king who is immune from criminal actions.

The presidency should be more of an administrative function and foreign affairs, less of a legislative office.

Deporting a fifth of construction workers will not lower housing costs.
It likely won't raise them either. What it will do, is employ more Americans who are legally here rather than foreign nationals illegally here who often send most of their earnings out of the country. Oh, another thing it will almost certainly do is raise the quality of construction.

It likely won't raise them either. What it will do, is employ more Americans who are legally here rather than foreign nationals illegally here who often send most of their earnings out of the country. Oh, another thing it will almost certainly do is raise the quality of construction.

Do you know how many mixed-status households are in the U.S., and what deportation would do to the incomes of those households?

Do you know how many mixed-status households are in the U.S., and what deportation would do to the incomes of those households?
So what? Don't know, don't care. If your household has a criminal in it, too bad for you. It's no different if they're breaking immigration laws or robbing banks. Both are crimes, and when caught the criminal goes to jail or gets deported. You are just trying to make a special pleading here.

Special-Pleading.jpg

So what? Don't know, don't care. If your household has a criminal in it, too bad for you. It's no different if they're breaking immigration laws or robbing banks. Both are crimes, and when caught the criminal goes to jail or gets deported. You are just trying to make a special pleading here.

Special-Pleading.jpg

We're talking about economic impact.

It wouldn't be good. I'm not sure what to tell you if you don't understand how the impact of a diminished income for millions of households could be negative.

We're talking about economic impact.

It wouldn't be good. I'm not sure what to tell you if you don't understand how the impact of a diminished income for millions of households could be negative.
It wouldn't be bad. Illegals send nearly $150 billion a year out of the US to their home countries and family there. That would end if they weren't here. The economic impact would be marginal if not a net positive. Less crime--after all, by definition all crime by illegals in the US is extraneous to what would otherwise occur. No money remitted out of the US by illegals. More legal employment.

It wouldn't be bad. Illegals send nearly $150 billion a year out of the US to their home countries and family there. That would end if they weren't here. The economic impact would be marginal if not a net positive. Less crime--after all, by definition all crime by illegals in the US is extraneous to what would otherwise occur. No money remitted out of the US by illegals. More legal employment.

Have you looked into this at all?

would you also argue to preserve slavery over economic concerns?

and do your economic concerns get to over rule what is basically a national consensus?

1st one - no.

2nd one - it's not "my" economic concerns. It's national economic concerns. Economically, we will all be worse off w/ mass deportation.

Immigration is obviously a problem, and we need to have tougher policies all around. But mass deportation will have an extremely negative impact on the American economy. I'm not sure how some do not understand this. Like I said before - I'm sure Trump does understand that, and his talk about mass deportation is mainly bluster.

Do you really believe trump will deport anymore people than the U.S. does on average?

Back