Proletarians in Food Lines, ... Stock Market keeps rising.

But someone has to make the food. Why would you want to make it more expensive for the food maker to make the food?

Do you have a Solution you would like to put forth?
Supposedly, we are the 'Richest Country in the World'.
So having Food Lines (along with people living in cardboard boxes) is a little antithetical.

Ok so half of what someone makes over 4 mil would be taxed at 50%..And what would the rate be for between 400k and 4 mil? And how about below that? Would half of americans still not pay federal income tax in this system?

JFK said, "Lower rates of taxation will stimulate economic activity to yield an increased, not a reduced flow of revenues to the federal government". What are your thoughts?

I agree with JFK and Clinton on that....but that is incredibly MORE TRUE WITH TAX CUTS ON CONSUMERS, NOT ON PEOPLE WITH INCOMES WAY OVER 400K...for two basic reasons- THERE ARE A SHIT LOAD MORE MIDDLE CLASS AND WORKING POOR CONSUMERS WHO WOULD BUY MORE STUFF WITH THE INCREASED DISCRETIONARY INCOME...and two, most people who make over 400k a year ALREADY HAVE ALMOST ALL THE COOL STUFF THEY MIGHT WANT, AND ANYTHING OVER 400K IS JUST GRAVY. their increased consumption of discretionary items if given a tax cut is pokey. so very little real economic stimulus.

Do you have a Solution you would like to put forth?
Supposedly, we are the 'Richest Country in the World'.
So having Food Lines (along with people living in cardboard boxes) is a little antithetical.

Yes I do but first it's important to acknowledge that objectivly we are not the richest country in the world.

As to the plan, make it cheaper for people to do business in American than any place else in the world. Its been my experience that most people see this issue from only one side. I believe people have been fed a line that businesses are evil and the worker is a poor hopeless victim of the evil corporations. I don't think businesses are any more or less evil than individuals. They both can do evil things. As long as business is seen as the enemy of workers the problem will never be solved.

I agree with JFK and Clinton on that....but that is incredibly MORE TRUE WITH TAX CUTS ON CONSUMERS, NOT ON PEOPLE WITH INCOMES WAY OVER 400K...for two basic reasons- THERE ARE A SHIT LOAD MORE MIDDLE CLASS AND WORKING POOR CONSUMERS WHO WOULD BUY MORE STUFF WITH THE INCREASED DISCRETIONARY INCOME...and two, most people who make over 400k a year ALREADY HAVE ALMOST ALL THE COOL STUFF THEY MIGHT WANT, AND ANYTHING OVER 400K IS JUST GRAVY. their increased consumption of discretionary items if given a tax cut is pokey. so very little real economic stimulus.

Well I agree with your first point that there are more middle class and "working poor consumers" that could be helped with tax cuts but the second point seems irrelevant to me. The thing is I want everyone to keep as much of their income as they can while balancing that against paying for the proper function of govt. But we need to have people who would be willing to put their capital at risk in order to create jobs and opportunities. Taxation is a disincentive that stifles the willingness of poeple with capital to put it at risk. If more of their income will be taken if they earn a large amount of money why would they want to put their money at risk?

Last edited:
Yes I do but first it's important to acknowledge that objectivly we are not the richest country in the world.

As to the plan, make it cheaper for people to do business in American than any place else in the world. Its been my experience that most people see this issue from only one side. I believe people have been fed a line that businesses are evil and the worker is a poor hopeless victim of the evil corporations. I don't think businesses are any more or less evil than individuals. They both can do evil things. As long as business is seen as the enemy of workers the problem will never be solved.

Yak: "As to the plan, make it cheaper for people to do business in American than any place else in the world. "
Jack: Well, at least you have offered up a 'solution'.

Yak: "As to the plan, make it cheaper for people to do business in American than any place else in the world. "
Jack: Well, at least you have offered up a 'solution'.

Its more than you have offered.

What problems do you think you see with my 'solution'?

Little difference between reckless action and intentionality.

You people think this shit happens in a vacuum. You're too myopic to see clearly arent you? Half of the people in this country don't pay a dollar in federal income tax. How exactly are they being punished?

Its more than you have offered.

What problems do you think you see with my 'solution'?

One. I'm not sure what the 'solution' is. Nobody seems to be discussing it.
Two. I'm open to a 'Basic Income', but that probably isn't a long term solution.
Three. I don't see "make it cheaper for people to do business in American" as addressing the 'average Proletarian' that can't find a Job.

The equity markets rising as America collapses is not sustainable.

I am very happily all cash since Oct 16, the next time the markets crash, which could be any day, there will be no bounce back....America's days of bouncing back are over....we are too broken now.

One. I'm not sure what the 'solution' is. Nobody seems to be discussing it.
Two. I'm open to a 'Basic Income', but that probably isn't a long term solution.
Three. I don't see "make it cheaper for people to do business in American" as addressing the 'average Proletarian' that can't find a Job.

First of all there is no "solution". But before we even get there we would need to see what your definition of "solution" is.
Second, UBI is a horrible short and long term solution. The money for that needs to come from somewhere and without people creating jobs you have no way to generate revenue to pay for a UBI.
Third, if the average person doesn't have a job to go to what are they supposed to do? Who created jobs? The "proletariat"? Not only is the answer "No", it's "hell no"! People with capital create jobs but if they will be punished for making money they wont do it. You punish business at the expense of the people you claim you want to help.

Lastly why the hell are you talking like a communist? It makes you sound silly.

The equity markets rising as America collapses is not sustainable.

I am very happily all cash since Oct 16, the next time the markets crash, which could be any day, there will be no bounce back....America's days of bouncing back are over....we are too broken now.

I'm pretty sure you will still keep buying 'stuff'.
Like, Christmas is coming, how much crap do you have on your Christmas List?

Our government has shown time and time again they will bail out the wealthy while allowing the poor to wait in food lines.

This is no suprise.

First of all there is no "solution". But before we even get there we would need to see what your definition of "solution" is.
Second, UBI is a horrible short and long term solution. The money for that needs to come from somewhere and without people creating jobs you have no way to generate revenue to pay for a UBI.
Third, if the average person doesn't have a job to go to what are they supposed to do? Who created jobs? The "proletariat"? Not only is the answer "No", it's "hell no"! People with capital create jobs but if they will be punished for making money they wont do it. You punish business at the expense of the people you claim you want to help.

Lastly why the hell are you talking like a communist? It makes you sound silly.

--->Food Lines in America ... while the Stock Market keeps RISING<---

If YOU don't see THAT as a Problem, then you aren't the person that should be discussing this.

December is 'End of Year/Fourth Quarter' where Dividends and Capital Gains are distributed. The Shareholding Class are rubbing their hands together and clicking their feet together as they jump in the air in delight and jubilation.

The Proletarians, OTOH, are being kicked out of their Homes.

Our government has shown time and time again they will bail out the wealthy while allowing the poor to wait in food lines.

This is no suprise.

Yes. The 'Shareholding Class/Donor Class' are the ones that finance the Politicians, so that isn't surprising. Yes.

--->Food Lines in America ... while the Stock Market keeps RISING<---

If YOU don't see THAT as a Problem, then you aren't the person that should be discussing this.

December is 'End of Year/Fourth Quarter' where Dividends and Capital Gains are distributed. The Shareholding Class are rubbing their hands together and clicking their feet together as they jump in the air in delight and jubilation.

The Proletarians, OTOH, are being kicked out of their Homes.

Where are these "food lines"? Show some evidence other than your words.

If YOU cannot produce any EVIDENCE then no one should be talking to you about anything.

Again show us evidence of your claim. You are either 12 years old or intellectually very lazy.

This is no suprise.

Like when Obama bailed out the banks and car makers?

BTW where are these "food lines"?

Last edited:

Inside Edition???? Really????

The govt locking down businesses had had nothing to do with the current situation has it? All that nonsense is because rich people want to screw working people? How insane are you exactly?

Back