Prominent Hollyroller Preacher Allegedly Had Relationship w/ Gay Prostitute

And that is an issue. Because I don't think our policies towards marriage or any kind of human rights, should be driven by a bunch of messed up head cases who should be working through their problems in therapy, or in an institution, but not working them out through legislation.

That's a fair point. I didn't realize he was a spiritual advisor to the whitehouse.

I've heard that he was part of a weekly conference call with the WH... Of course that is just what I have heard.

I personally do not think that Gay men or Lesbian Women that are in a meaningful relationship, is Marriage...I am an old fuddy dud when it comes to this....I think the meaning of marriage should not be changed by our government....it has in general for a couple of thousands of years, been between a husband and wife or a husband and wives....I am being honest here...it is very hard for me to change my view on this...I have honestly tried and I can not come to terms with a married couple not being a husband and a wife, a man and a woman.... I can't get over this....i am sorry...but I just can't change that meaning that I have known the near half a century of my life.... :(

However, I do see the discrimination that the gay community must feel towards this issue...so, I personally would like to see the state, not involved in "marriage" at all and leave that up to the different churches and synagogues and temples and mosques, the Episopalean Church performs / accepts gay marriages I believe, and maybe the united church of christ does, but I am uncertain on all of that....

The state should sanction anyone that wants to be in a meaningful partnership equally, or should not sanction any relationship at all...to be fair to all...and to not discriminate.

Care

:gives:

Ted Haggard

YES!!!!! I'm glad they've got this second hand car salesman for hypocrisy.

I've seen videos of him on British TV and he is the biggest shyster on the planet.

He was being interviewed by Richard Dawkins and used so much BS rhetoric, carnie tricks and misrepresentations. He has fleeced his flock to buy him an $18m ego-inflating church and looks like a fucking shark.

Hope he is dragged over the coals....

I am chuffed to fuck! (yes I know this is schadenfreude)

I've heard that he was part of a weekly conference call with the WH...

Yep, he discussed his influence over Bush-monkey in his interview with Richard Dawkins...

He is a regular con-man, with shark eyes and a fast line in BS...

The truth always "outs" itself. This seems to be evidence of that God thing/person/deity...

He/She/It just won't let them speak "for" him/her/it.

The truth always "outs" itself. This seems to be evidence of that God thing/person/deity...

but in the case of the child abusing priests, it took generations to come out in the open.

Damo, you forgot the 'lol' at the end of that.....

I think you are placing far too much pressure on the "truth" Damocles. Further if you are right we would know more about Bush I, and Bush Jt. wouldn't have been able to cart hundreds of thousands of pages of incriminating documents from the Reagan era and his fathers own presidency off to god knows where to be hidden indefinitely and we would also know more about the hundrds of thousands of lies told by the people in this administration. No believing that the "[t]he truth always 'outs' itself" is just a little bit too passive for me. The only reason the "truth" comes out is because people choose to tell it; there is nothing in the truth that indicates anything about a god or other invisiible hand...There is nothing magical, mystrical or particularly spiritual about a male prostitute turning in one of his tricks...

I think you are placing far too much pressure on the "truth" Damocles. Further if you are right we would know more about Bush I, and Bush Jt. wouldn't have been able to cart hundreds of thousands of pages of incriminating documents from the Reagan era and his fathers own presidency off to god knows where to be hidden indefinitely and we would also know more about the hundrds of thousands of lies told by the people in this administration. No believing that the "[t]he truth always 'outs' itself" is just a little bit too passive for me. The only reason the "truth" comes out is because people choose to tell it; there is nothing in the truth that indicates anything about a god or other invisiible hand...There is nothing magical, mystrical or particularly spiritual about a male prostitute turning in one of his tricks...
They aren't Pastors...

I think you are being off-topic.

They aren't Pastors...

I think you are being off-topic.

I don't know how I could be off-topic when you posted "the truth always 'outs' itself"--in response to that claim, I would assume that a short questioning of whether or not the "truth" actually "'outs' itself" or whether a human being brings the truth to light would have been quite germane to the argument. In fact, if "the truth always 'outs' itself" your namesake wouldn't have spent his life (as the myth has it) walking the earth, with a lantern searching for the truth (as depicted by your avatar). He could have rather just sat down quietly in some comfortable and warm place waiting for the "truth to 'out' itself"!!!'

I don't know how I could be off-topic when you posted "the truth always 'outs' itself"--in response to that claim, I would assume that a short questioning of whether or not the "truth" actually "'outs' itself" or whether a human being brings the truth to light would have been quite germane to the argument. In fact, if "the truth always 'outs' itself" your namesake wouldn't have spent his life (as the myth has it) walking the earth, with a lantern searching for the truth (as depicted by your avatar). He could have rather just sat down quietly in some comfortable and warm place waiting for the "truth to 'out' itself"!!!'
I said in in context with the pastors. You are deliberately being disingenuous. I explained it, now either go away or stick to the topic.

The whole of my post included how this Deity seems to out the people that are embarrassing It.

So, you clearly totally ignore two-thirds of the sentences in the post to attempt to direct your stuff at 1/3. Then when I point out there were two more sentences and that you are out of context and therefore off-topic you seem to pretend that those two sentences don't exist.

If god exists, I challenge him to end my campaigning against his followers and zap me with a lightening bolt on my walk home tonight.....

If I'm not posting on Monday morning, get down on your knees... :D

So, you clearly totally ignore two-thirds of the sentences in the post to attempt to direct your stuff at 1/3.

Damo, you know there is no such thing as a 1/3....

Sure there is a lot of hypocrisy here, but there's something more. WTF is it with all of these closeted gays joining the republican party and pushing anti-gay marriage agendas? Ken Melham is gay. He just is. And he's becoming very hot for the republicans to have around, because though you will never see it in the MSM, when he is in local settings, he is being asked outright, are you gay? He's going to be out of his position as the head of the RNC sometime next year I believe. Let's just face it, you can't wake up and turn on the news without hearing about another closet case in the republican party.

So besides the hypocrisy what else is driving them? Self-hatred. I don't think there is any doubt about it. These head cases hate themselves for being gay and project that hatred out onto other gays, and try and punish them.

And that is an issue. Because I don't think our policies towards marriage or any kind of human rights, should be driven by a bunch of messed up head cases who should be working through their problems in therapy, or in an institution, but not working them out through legislation.

Good point. And I've often wondered about that myself.

And I've concluded that the psychological research and studies that have been done are reallying onto something: those that show that statistically the most virulent anti-gay men are more likley to have conscious or sub-conscious gay fantasies. So I think the self-hatred aspect of psychology thing is in play here.

If god exists, I challenge him to end my campaigning against his followers and zap me with a lightening bolt on my walk home tonight.....

If I'm not posting on Monday morning, get down on your knees... :D

but it might not be time for the almight to expose the truth about you Any. Have patience ;)

Back