APP - Question for Jarod

No, you originally said that YOU (an individual) were going to petition to take authority over MY (an individual) money. That is very different from the democratic process determining how we are going to go about paying for the things that the collective has decided the government needs to pay for.

If you will allow me... You believe the government should never attain any money from anyone? They should never raise money to pay for an army or a road or the salary of a police officer?

Using your logic, why should I have to pay for a police officer if I can afford to hire my own private security force?

I don't oppose the gobblement raising money. I oppose taxation of income.

Trust me, I could get the collective to vote for that. You don't think I could? On what grounds would they oppose the government taxing your money and allowing me to spend it on goodies for the community? What moral grounds would they oppose it? Remember, you are the 1%. You are easily reviled in the community. What leg do you have to stand on?

None

I am disheartened by your greedy nature and your unwillingness to share. You didn't build that.

It was the taxpayers who subsidized your student loans. You didn't build that. It was the taxpayers that subsidized the roads so your clients can get to your offices. You didn't build that. It was the taxpayers that funded everything you do. You make yourself sound like a self mad man. You didn't build that

I was helped a lot by the taxpayers. A LOT, I certainty did not build this alone. But you are not engaging in a fair debate here.

Nobody ever claimed that the taxpayers funded everything anyone does. Nobody even ever said, you didn't build that in the context you keep pretending someone said that.

I don't oppose the gobblement raising money. I oppose taxation of income.

Trust me, I could get the collective to vote for that. You don't think I could? On what grounds would they oppose the government taxing your money and allowing me to spend it on goodies for the community? What moral grounds would they oppose it? Remember, you are the 1%. You are easily reviled in the community. What leg do you have to stand on?

None

I would much prefer the government tax assets over income. I would much prefer the government limit inheritance and gifting of money to people who did not earn it.

I was helped a lot by the taxpayers. A LOT, I certainty did not build this alone. But you are not engaging in a fair debate here.

Nobody ever claimed that the taxpayers funded everything anyone does. Nobody even ever said, you didn't build that in the context you keep pretending someone said that.

There is nothing unfair about this debate at all. I am using EVERY single argument I have heard a left winger use at one time or another and have never heard you utter a complaint. It is odd that you would object to having your money spent by someone else at their whim.

I would much prefer the government tax assets over income. I would much prefer the government limit inheritance and gifting of money to people who did not earn it.

There is no way the government will never tax assets for a few reasons

1) It doesn't want to wait for its money
2) It would be very easy to game the system by unloading them and who would value them.

But, I am disheartened that you are opposed to having your money redistributed

There is nothing unfair about this debate at all. I am using EVERY single argument I have heard a left winger use at one time or another and have never heard you utter a complaint. It is odd that you would object to having your money spent by someone else at their whim.

Well, I am not responsible for every left winger.

I have never heard a left winger on this board claim that "I didn't build it" in the context you did.

Why is it odd that I would object to an individual spending my money at his/her whim?

There is no way the government will never tax assets for a few reasons

1) It doesn't want to wait for its money
2) It would be very easy to game the system by unloading them and who would value them.

But, I am disheartened that you are opposed to having your money redistributed

I am not opposed to having my money redistributed, I have said that I feel good about paying my taxes and some of that money is redistributed by the GOVERNMENT.

BTW, I have a rule against posting in APP, I made an exception because I was invited into this thread.

I am not opposed to having my money redistributed, I have said that I feel good about paying my taxes and some of that money is redistributed by the GOVERNMENT.

Well I am offering to redistribute MORE of it using tried and true left wing arguments and you have responded just as I predicted.

Thank yoi

Well I am offering to redistribute MORE of it using tried and true left wing arguments and you have responded just as I predicted.

Thank yoi

You, the self proclaimed winner of the debate!

congratulations.... You had an unbiased judge

You, the self proclaimed winner of the debate!

congratulations.... You had an unbiased judge

I didn't claim victory. I think the thread speaks for itself. You are a self committed leftist as long as it isn't YOUR money. That was all I was trying to expose.

You know as well as I do, if they ever decided to tax assets, you would take ever measure you could to shield your assets just like you do your income. I am sure that you avail yourself of EVERY single tax deduction out there. Of course it means you are paying less in tax, but you will justify it and say you are merely following the law. When corporations follow the law, they are using "loopholes" and being "greedy". You? Aww shucks, you are just a self made man trying to get by

I didn't claim victory. I think the thread speaks for itself. You are a self committed leftist as long as it isn't YOUR money. That was all I was trying to expose.

You know as well as I do, if they ever decided to tax assets, you would take ever measure you could to shield your assets just like you do your income. I am sure that you avail yourself of EVERY single tax deduction out there. Of course it means you are paying less in tax, but you will justify it and say you are merely following the law. When corporations follow the law, they are using "loopholes" and being "greedy". You? Aww shucks, you are just a self made man trying to get by

I'm not self made.

Back