R.I.P. Gerry Studds

What many who don't know any better don't understand, is that in the public's mind all talk about homosexuality and Congressional Pages eventually will only convince most people that the problem is the Republican party. Most people who vote are not all that articulate on who did what to whom when, but they have decided, for better or worse, and that is too bad, but it's there, that there is nothing more disgusting, even a devastating war in Iraq that has killed hundreds of thousands of people, than a 50 something male proposing sexual acts to a sixteen year old male over the internet. Any discussion of other male sexual acts only serves to reinfoce their disdain for the actions of today. That is why it is counter-productive to engage in the he did it too campaigns of the Right. They only serve to reinforce the current scandal in the all too amnesiac public's mind. Continuning to bring up the actions of a dead man is nothing more than counter-productive tripe; had the righties just ignored it and hoped it would go away most people would probably have forgotten all about it by election day. As it is, I am glad for those who want to keep this scandal alive. But it is still amazing that the page scandal is generating more press, more outrage, more angst and more anger than the 655,000 who have died in Iraq during this mindless war for nothing more than a pack of lies and one man's ego.

....than the 655,000 who have died in Iraq during this mindless war for nothing more than a pack of lies and one man's ego.

What's this? I thought we decided that number was a bit of a stretch?? And it was "one" man's ego? I could name a few more. I don't like this war one bit but to lay it all, every bit of it, along with inflated numbers at the president's feet is to be less than honest, IMO.

The dems started this scandal because that is all they have to run on, fags in the republican party.

And just who else would you blame for selling the country a pack of lies and for continuing to maintain in the face of all evidence to the contrary that given what he knows now about the situation in Iraq he would still have done the same thing? Who is the Commander in Chief? Who demanded that he be given the authority by Congress to take whatever action he deemed necessary? Who said he ordered the planes into the air that began dropping the bombs on March 19th 2003? Who preceded Colin Powell before the United Nations to request a UN resolution? Who spent a good deal of the time, between that September 12th speech and the Middle of March when the bombing began, escalating the rhetoric and continuously and repeatedly lying about the level of awareness that the intelligence community had about the actual conditions in Iraq? And who is still lying about the conditions in Iraq on a near daily basis? And who is even today playing politics with the Iraq war by holding Jim Baker's bleak assessment of the war and the sitaution in Iraq until after the election? Who is still denying culpability and responsibility and why are so-called Democrats still giving him shelter?

Well, let's hear it!!!

Last edited:
libs just can't maintain a thought for more that half a second. What is this thread about? Prak thinks it has something to do with Iraq! LOL Poor thing can't make a rational argument without going all over the place.

Nobody with half a brain cares about the sexual activities of a dead man. If you care about such things, I guess by definition...

Nobody with half a brain cares about the sexual activities of a dead man. If you care about such things, I guess by definition...
I think they care more about the actions of the living Democrats so willing to vote him back into office....

Well, a small area in Fl appears to have more sense.... I guess it may be because it is full of Republicans over hebephiliac-loving Democrats... I still remember the standing "O"...

Well, a small area in Fl appears to have more sense.... I guess it may be because it is full of Republicans over hebephiliac-loving Democrats... I still remember the standing "O"...

How so? The people in his district in Florida didn't vote him out of office did they? Apparently he dropped out so we really don't know how he would have been received had he chose to stay and fight. But apparently besides all the other things that were going on, he really didn't want to run in the first place if the rumors about Rove and others pressuring him to stay in the House are to be believed. So we'll never know what the people in a small area of Florida would have done will we??????

As far as I know they haven't stormed his house with pitchforks or anything!

How so? The people in his district in Florida didn't vote him out of office did they? Apparently he dropped out so we really don't know how he would have been received had he chose to stay and fight. But apparently besides all the other things that were going on, he really didn't want to run in the first place if the rumors about Rove and others pressuring him to stay in the House are to be believed. So we'll never know what the people in a small area of Florida would have done will we??????

As far as I know they haven't stormed his house with pitchforks or anything!
LOL. Right, we'll pretend that we don't know what a largely R district would do with that... That's all good there, Prakosh. Apparently we can be disingenuous when pretending our party is supposedly superior...

:cool:

LOL. Right, we'll pretend that we don't know what a largely R district would do with that... That's all good there, Prakosh. Apparently we can be disingenuous when pretending our party is supposedly superior...

:cool:

So you're saying that all these diehard Republicans would suddenly throw caution to the wind, hold their noses and vote Democrat just because of a few "naughty" emails???

So you're saying that all these diehard Republicans would suddenly throw caution to the wind, hold their noses and vote Democrat just because of a few "naughty" emails???
No, I think they'd not vote that particular time and allow the other to win, or demand his resignation so that they could vote for another. I'd predict that those same people will stay home even now and his opponent will get elected. What do you predict?

There is a reason that everybody and their mother are predicting that this seat will go D for the first time in a long time... It is disingenuous to say that they'd "punish" his replacement more than the hebephiliac himself.

There is a reason that everybody and their mother are predicting that this seat will go D for the first time in a long time... It is disingenuous to say that they'd "punish" his replacement more than the hebephiliac himself.

I don't know whose mother you are talking to but Ken Mehlman and his mother evidently disagree with you because he said this weekend that the seat is winnable and that the Republicans are not pulling their money out of that district but are going to leave the money there and that they belive they will win that seat. Now you can dismiss this as talk but leaving the money in there is more than talk. and it shows that not everyone agrees that the seat is a write-off.

I don't know whose mother you are talking to but Ken Mehlman and his mother evidently disagree with you because he said this weekend that the seat is winnable and that the Republicans are not pulling their money out of that district but are going to leave the money there and that they belive they will win that seat. Now you can dismiss this as talk but leaving the money in there is more than talk. and it shows that not everyone agrees that the seat is a write-off.
I'd be impressed. It was right at the announcement. If they are leaving the money in there though they aren't giving it up... I know they haven't given up on the seats in CO.

I'd look at percentages, currently his replacement is behind in the polls, would he have been if he had been running from the beginning and there was no Page scandal? I seriously doubt it, but I'd be foolish to think they'd punish him over the one with the actual scandal...

Back