APP - Racism and the GOP ?

midcan5

Many people claim racism is no more, in what world do they live I wonder? Political correctness has changed everyone it seems as no longer are negative feelings expressed openly, now hidden behind code words, personal interaction and comment become a sort of drama of pretend. Only children act out their real selves, ask a school teacher who listens to schoolyard banter, and you'll find a world eventually hidden by time and age. The side of human nature we often hide and pretend does not exist still shows up on the schoolyard. During the 2008 election whenever I put forth this position I was told it was I who was racist. Could it be I was right after all? Hm....

'GOP Makes Big Gains among White Voters - Especially among the Young and Poor'

"Notably, the GOP gains have occurred only among white voters; a two-point Republican edge among whites in 2008 (46% to 44%) has widened to a 13-point lead today (52% to 39%). In sharp contrast, the partisan attachments of black and Hispanic voters have remained consistently Democratic." GOP Makes Big Gains among White Voters - Pew Research Center

"You start out in 1954 by saying, “Nigger, nigger, nigger.” By 1968 you can’t say “nigger” — that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states’ rights and all that stuff. You’re getting so abstract now you’re talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you’re talking about are totally economic things and a by-product of them is blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I’m not saying that. But I’m saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me — because obviously sitting around saying, “We want to cut this,” is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than “Nigger, nigger.” Lee Atwater, Republican strategist, 1981, describing the Southern Strategy

"Anti-government sentiment in the United States has risen and fallen in different eras. During the New Deal of Franklin Roosevelt and the Great Society of Lyndon Johnson, U.S. government programs were expanded; Social Security and Medicare came into being, artists and the arts received federal support, the plight of poor American children was addressed on several fronts, and the Southern system of racial apartheid was gradually but dramatically dismantled. It was this last intervention that roused anti-government feeling in many white Americans. They were particularly outraged when Presidents Eisenhower and Kennedy called out the National Guard to enforce racial integration of public educational institutions." Caroline Hamilton http://www.hnn.us/articles/129715.html)

The reason why the GOP has made gains among young and poor is that they were the ones who got sucked into the 2008 Obama bullshit of hope and change only to have been hurt the most from The Obama's policies. They've had an expensive education.

"Many" people claim racism doesn't exist anymore? I'd love to see any type of evidence supporting this because there is still plenty of racism among all etnic groups (not to mention discrimination within ethnic groups).

And how does a poll showing whites leaning more to the GOP (today) mean or imply racism?

The reason why the GOP has made gains among young and poor is that they were the ones who got sucked into the 2008 Obama bullshit of hope and change only to have been hurt the most from The Obama's policies. They've had an expensive education.
You just can't ever be intellectually honest can you? The fact is, the GOP has made inroads in the last couple of years with poor white youths. They have made hardly any inroads with affluent white youths or minorities.

You just can't ever be intellectually honest can you? The fact is, the GOP has made inroads in the last couple of years with poor white youths. They have made hardly any inroads with affluent white youths or minorities.
Intellectually honest? How ironic. Care to dispute my point?

"Many" people claim racism doesn't exist anymore? I'd love to see any type of evidence supporting this because there is still plenty of racism among all etnic groups (not to mention discrimination within ethnic groups).

And how does a poll showing whites leaning more to the GOP (today) mean or imply racism?
Good question Wacko. You didn't correlate this poll with racism. Can you answer Wacko's queston?

Can't you read? I just did!

No, you didn't. He stated a reason he thought the GOP made inroads with the poor whites the poll mentioned. You then agreed that the GOP made inroads with poor whites.

You then went on to state that the GOP had not made much of an inroads with affluent whites and minorities.... which had NOTHING to do with his comment.

Back