Religious/Atheist Poll

Where do you fall on the Religious scale? See Defination Below of God

• I believe in God, but passively. Dont attend service much. Don't read texts much.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Many would say the original radio series was far superior.

Nevertheless, i have heard talk that a corrupt uncle of mine may have uploaded the audiobook, as narrated by the impeccable Stephen Frys, if anyone were to be interested in such a thing?
Yes, the radio series is better than the mini-series on TV, which is better than the movie that just came out.

But the book is what started it all. And I'd bet that somebody would be interested.... yup, somebody.

I loved John Cleese's narration in the movie. Fry also had a role in it as well. Still, I would have to say my favorite addition was Alan Rickman's voice.

The movie, IMHO, massacred the book. The book humor in it just doesn't translate very well to the screen. They tried to overcome this by narrating the most funny parts of the book (the random tangeants that he goes off into for long periods of time) in several montages, but it just didn't work. And trying to combine the plots of ALL the books into ONE movie was a disaster waiting to happen. They would've done better to just stick to the first one. The combined plot is nonsensical - and not in a funny way.

I dunno, a lot of successful contemporary comedy is basically people like Will Ferrell (who has made some shitty movies, but also Anchorman and Talladega Nights) and Sascha Baron Cohen. We tend to enjoy our random ADD/ADHD comedy such as Family Guy. So, when it came out in 2005, the movie targeted the audience quite well.

Now, if comedy changes significantly, it may not age well, but then, that is to be expected.

Back