Report: Majority Of Americans Unprepared For Apocalypse

actually I keep about 55 gal of gas on hand, have a generator, at least a months supply of food and guns and knives to secure more food. Ie kill wild game, cows, chickens, etc....
Country boys will make it longer that city boys and we are prepared to protect what we have.

I watched a discovery channel special about a MOC icestorm that hit Montreal, and it lasted for 7 days, then a snow storm came in right after it....it showed how the ice could pull all 8 lines of electricity coming in to montreal from thier national grid...no electricity even for hospitals....

Well, anyway, they showed the people that lived in the woods away from the city, were the ones that were most prepared and survived more often than not... because they had several months of food stocked up, shotguns to kill deer or moose if needed, firewood cut for the whole winter to heat them and the utensils to cook off the fire with....

and this show made a point to say that those out in the woods were more than likely the ones that could go through a national grid failure better than those near or in the city.

ya but alot of them city boys alredy play for keeps, and alot of em have just as many guns

City punks ? You can hear em coming a mile away. I knew several in nam and thought I was going to have to shoot one of them to make him keep his blabberin mouth shut before he got us all killed.

I read somewhere that most urban areas only have about 45 days of food on hand.
it is 2 1/2 days worth of food supply in each city.

We used to stock food...about 7 years worth for the whole nation, in case of a nuclear attack....

people in the world were starving, I think it was Ethiopia at the time, maybe it was Kenya? but Carter released our grains and supplies of food and sent it to those starving to death in the world, little by little presidents even after him released it to the needy and starving.

I read that now we have none...NONE! NO national food supply in case of an emergency. What our government has said is that we have a 2 1/2 day's supply on all grocery shelves if no other deliveries could get in to the region, for the populace...they would call marshall law and confiscate that food to give out to us.... This was about a year ago that I read this, and that is why, besides my sister being a nag, I have decided to start stocking up....I mean, it really can't hurt to have those can goods on hand....

care

My home is quite small so storing two months of supplies would necessitate abandoning a room which I cannot do. Perhaps when I buy a home in a year I can stockpile in such a way.

Currently I stockpile about two weeks of provisions.

it is 2 1/2 days worth of food supply in each city.

We used to stock food...about 7 years worth for the whole nation, in case of a nuclear attack....

people in the world were starving, I think it was Ethiopia at the time, maybe it was Kenya? but Carter released our grains and supplies of food and sent it to those starving to death in the world, little by little presidents even after him released it to the needy and starving.

I read that now we have none...NONE! NO national food supply in case of an emergency. What our government has said is that we have a 2 1/2 day's supply on all grocery shelves if no other deliveries could get in to the region, for the populace...they would call marshall law and confiscate that food to give out to us.... This was about a year ago that I read this, and that is why, besides my sister being a nag, I have decided to start stocking up....I mean, it really can't hurt to have those can goods on hand....

care
Don't just do cans. Also do preserves and dry goods. You must have some of those foods to keep healthy. Scurvy is not as far away as you might believe.

Right... I'll hearken my memory back to those days and "listen" a bit to Art Bell beating his drum for Gore, at the same time as having guest after guest talking the doom of the nation on Y2K...

Yeah, it was only Rs that thought that there, Prakosh. Only the Rs...

:rolleyes:

I don't think I said a word about Y2K. I laughed about the Y2K thing before Y2K, and did absolutely nothing, nothing to prepare for it....nothing. And I thought everybody who was worried were fools and idiots, pure and simple. Where did I say it was only "Rs"! Please show me! When Bush was beating the Drums for Iraq about 80 percent of the population of the United States of Amnesia supported the war, does that sound like all R's to you. Do you actually believe that 80 percent of the population is Republican? If so you really are living in a dream world.

Me, I think it's more like about 38 to 40 percent maximum so the rest had to be others. You go ahead and make them all Republicans if you like. I could care less. I think you are the one who has a problem with labels, not me. You are constantly trying to claim that I am a Democrat or support Democrats, or that anything negative I say always alpplies to R's. Here's an example that shows you are wrong.

I don't think I said a word about Y2K. I laughed about the Y2K thing before Y2K, and did absolutely nothing, nothing to prepare for it....nothing. And I thought everybody who was worried were fools and idiots, pure and simple. Where did I say it was only "Rs"! Please show me! When Bush was beating the Drums for Iraq about 80 percent of the population of the United States of Amnesia supported the war, does that sound like all R's to you. Do you actually believe that 80 percent of the population is Republican? If so you really are living in a dream world.

Me, I think it's more like about 38 to 40 percent maximum so the rest had to be others. You go ahead and make them all Republicans if you like. I could care less. I think you are the one who has a problem with labels, not me. You are constantly trying to claim that I am a Democrat or support Democrats, or that anything negative I say always alpplies to R's. Here's an example that shows you are wrong.
You replied with that Rs voted for him diatribe to a post about Y2K...

It wasn't hard to figure out what the subject was about there, Prakosh.

Don't just do cans. Also do preserves and dry goods. You must have some of those foods to keep healthy. Scurvy is not as far away as you might believe.

true! canned fruit can help, and i also have flour, yeast, sugar, salt, rice, couscous, pasta, jars of tomatoe sauces, canned meats and fish...lanturn oil, sterno cans, dried milk...keep the propane tank on the grill filled for the winter too...

and toilet paper!!!!! lol
---------------------------------------------:
and ihg...some people will not have the space to do such, as you....but if those of us that have the space do it, then the food they do confiscate from the grocery shelves will go alot farther!

care

Last edited:
I have a 12VDC to 120VAC converter that will run my prob=pane furnace and a small briggs engine with an alternator to charge the battery for the inverter. Can keep warm for 24 hours on a couple gallons of gasoline to run the furnace and a couple of lights.
Also have a fireplace, some chickens and a few cows on a friends farm.....
Cistern for water...
Not comfy but can survive.

I live in the country myself. can walk out my door and go hunting.

A world ending catastrophy you would only survive for a short time anyway. Its just a matter of delaying the enevitable. A situation like Andrew or Katrina is more what you want to be prepared for as us and care both said. gun owners in the country don't have them just for hunting. City punks coming out here would get a hotlead welcome. And afterward whatever they are carrying would be added to our stores of supplies and arms.

The reason country folk will survive is because they won't sit around waiting for the government to come take care of them.

The reason country folk will survive is because they won't sit around waiting for the government to come take care of them.
//

Got that right! And we don't like the city folks coming out here trying to make the country just like the city.

Yeah, they voted for Bush and supported his ignorant war on terror and then they followed him like sheep into this war with Iraq and more than half still believe that we can't leave now because they need us. And if the current trends continue and something big happens watch all the minnows in the school run back under the Bush skirts and re-elect a Republican House and Senate.

The Apocalypse: The End is Near...

:gives:

We should be so damn Lucky!

You remind me a lot of a ray of sunshine.

Back