Returning The Money To the people

Im not "forcing" anything. What's needed is a massive expansion of awareness amongst the people in general. The approach of dealing with small facets of an issue, one at a time has obviously failed. Are you aware that continuing to do the same thing over and over and hoping for different results is a sign of insanity?

I'm not pretending.

Why not? It's happening right before our eyes, and is the documented goal of rabbinic judaism.

Little people dream little dreams.
Foolish people, tilting with windmills.

Defeatism isn't an argument. Windmills are not a real enemy. The globalist fascists are.
However, prioritization and realistic planning is. What you propose you cannot perform in the present environment, therefore you must change the environment first. This is done by prioritization, not by inanely running around like Chicken Little. Why not? Indeed.

It takes a small mind to not see a long-term rather than short-term plan. It isn't an argument to insist on taking too big of a bite and choking on it.

However, prioritization and realistic planning is. What you propose you cannot perform in the present environment, therefore you must change the environment first. This is done by prioritization, not by inanely running around like Chicken Little. Why not? Indeed.

It takes a small mind to not see a long-term rather than short-term plan. It isn't an argument to insist on taking too big of a bite and choking on it.

You still think share voting will change things. Don't talk to me about plans.

You still think share voting will change things. Don't talk to me about plans.
Therefore what do you propose? How do you plan on effecting change if not voting?

Tell me, oh great money-changer!

And do it without sounding insanely fringe. It'll be a nice change.

BTW - When I said I don't think it will happen because people are often short-sighted today. I meant it. Therefore I don't think share voting WILL change anything. I think it COULD if people educated themselves.

Therefore what do you propose? How do you plan on effecting change if not voting?

Tell me, oh great money-changer!

Well, step one is identifying the absurdities of our current system and raising awareness of them. Even that seems to bother you.

Why not just admit you're on board with the plan instead of presenting your do-nothing approach as "the wise and mature option"?

Well, step one is identifying the absurdities of our current system and raising awareness of them. Even that seems to bother you.

Why not just admit you're on board with the plan instead of presenting your do-nothing approach as "the wise and mature option"?
It doesn't "bother" me to do that. What "bothers" me is the laughable approach you make towards that...

Running around arms flapping shouting OMGZ!!!@!@!11!!!1 isn't a PLAN. It doesn't do what you want it to, no awareness is "raised" only the jocularity level has been raised as people point and laugh.

You, however, are so shortsighted that you can't realize that rherotic CAN make a difference.

It doesn't "bother" me to do that. What "bothers" me is the laughable approach you make towards that...

Running around arms flapping shouting OMGZ!!!@!@!11!!!1 isn't a PLAN. It doesn't do what you want it to, no awareness is "raised" only the jocularity level has been raised as people point and laugh.

You, however, are so shortsighted that you can't realize that rherotic CAN make a difference.

How did you know my arms were flapping? Are you spying on me?

It's still better than a sytem who's valued is backed by the threat of government force and brutality, where inflation is guaranteed over time, and where the creators of the money enjoy an unprecedented level of control and power.

I suggest a currency backed by a mix of tangible goods, wheat, oil, meat, coupons from mcdonalds, etc.

And that's what fiat money is: it's determined by the overall value of goods in the country. It's not backed by government force. Although it says that it is to be accepted for all debts, I've never seen anyone sued for not accepting it. It is merely a pure measure of the current amount of money needed in the supply, plus whatever the federal reserve puts in (usually about 3%). Therefore, it has the characteriscs of a true representative system, and without any of the defects.

We've been using fiat currency for more than 100 years. The US market has yet to be "enslaved". I think that's proof enough that pure fiat currency can work, as long as the country using it is a relatively free trade country.

We've been using fiat currency for more than 100 years. The US market has yet to be "enslaved". I think that's proof enough that pure fiat currency can work, as long as the country using it is a relatively free trade country.

It doesn't prove anything of the sort. Your conclusion is irrational and unfounded.

And that's what fiat money is: it's determined by the overall value of goods in the country. It's not backed by government force. Although it says that it is to be accepted for all debts, I've never seen anyone sued for not accepting it. It is merely a pure measure of the current amount of money needed in the supply, plus whatever the federal reserve puts in (usually about 3%). Therefore, it has the characteriscs of a true representative system, and without any of the defects.

It is backed by government force.

It has the defects of rampant inflation over time and a completely inequitable power differential between the people who create it and those forced to use it.

It could have the defects of rampant inflation over time. But the government itself would be punished for that. The government is pretty much forced to keep inlfation somewhere in the 3%-5% range, and I've never heard an economist say that was bad. Going back to the gold system wouldn't be bad at all. I just don't see any reason to.

It could have the defects of rampant inflation over time. But the government itself would be punished for that. The government is pretty much forced to keep inlfation somewhere in the 3%-5% range, and I've never heard an economist say that was bad. Going back to the gold system wouldn't be bad at all. I just don't see any reason to.

Who's gonna punish the government?

Consumers in other nations.

Also, whenever inflation is rampant the government usually gets voted out, whether or not it's their fault.

How do consumers in other nations punish a government? Explain this dynamic.

The extreme power of those who create the money is the problem. The bankers threaten to collapse the economy unless governments do what they say.

A monetary system based on an item depends entirely on the items rarity, or it is just a fiat system of its own. This means that the value of your money doesn't depend on what you can get with it, but on a fickle market that may have a glut or a depression of the item that is used to "back" the currency. Often governments make it illegal to otherwise own what it is backed with, unless you are the government thus making it again into a fiat currency as the claim to actual ownership is questionable.

If it is an actual backed currency all it takes to devalue it beyond measure and create an intense level of inflation is a "strike" at the wrong time of the substance backing the currency. The value of your earnings could be lost within a day.

Wampum's value was based on the known time of 1 hour to form 1 bead.
It served as accepted currency for hundreds of years.
In 1735, the Campbell family opened a factory for the mass production of wampum which stayed in business for 100 years.

Even when we minted dollars, they were valued at an 8 foot long string of 1/4" long wampum beads or 6 shillings.

Just for general interest, the purple heart of the hard clam shell was also known as and used as wampum,
and being less common than white wampum, had twice the value.
Purple wampum was easy to counterfiet, therefore certain transactions such as tax payments specified white wampum.

Back