Rings of Power

1) WOKE to include being overly dramatic.

2) Boring

3) A betrayal of Tolkien...the trust or whoever took the Big Money and approved this should be ashamed of themselves.

Tell me that I am wrong.

More appropriately:

Portray wokeism, whatever the hell that is, as a threat to civilization

Cast everything as a melodrama, good/bad guy, to catch lemmings attention

Worship the big money

You remind me that I read a reviewer calling this story an infantile version of Tolkien.

producer: LOTR made a shitload of money, thta guy write anything else ?
writer: yeah one other book thats kind of the history before LOTR, but its pretty spread out and not a real story.
producer: fuck that, who owns the rights ?
lawyer: nobody so far as I know
producer: what are you waiting for ? sign um up. Amazon is spending huge for content...
lawyer: just cash of a percentage too ?
producer: dont be stupid
writer: uh ok what part do you want to do ?
producer: the part that Amazon will buy dumbass !
writer: uh ok I'll check it out

Haven't watched it yet, but it looks beautiful from a visual. Much of what it presented today is derivative, but there have been, and continue to be, some great shows and movies coming out. There is more crap than ever, but that's because of how extensive the libraries of these networks need to be. Almost all of the good storytelling is now reserved for streaming services. Over the years, they have produced by far the besty series (Succession, Breaking Bad, Deadwood, Severance to name a few).

House of the Dragon is riveting, I just hope they can follow through and not get lazy and sloppy like they did with the last two seasons of GoT.

1) WOKE to include being overly dramatic.

2) Boring

3) A betrayal of Tolkien...the trust or whoever took the Big Money and approved this should be ashamed of themselves.

Tell me that I am wrong.

Try this ring of power?

maga-ring.jpg

Back