RIP John Lennon

Nomad

BIDEN WON.
Lest we forget, tonight at approximately 10:50 pm will mark the 38th anniversary of the assassination of John Lennon outside The Dakota apartment building in NYC.

RIP to a truly great, though greatly flawed, musical artist and human being.

John_Lennon_Chapman_1980.jpg

Did you know that John Lennon had a separate air-conditioned apartment in the Dakota building to keep his furs in pristine condition? He had five apartments in total, surprised he didn't write a song about it?

Lest we forget, tonight at approximately 10:50 pm will mark the 38th anniversary of the assassination of John Lennon outside The Dakota apartment building in NYC.

On that day...I was on 72nd Street at that hour. I was on the East Side...over by the East River. The company I worked for had a penthouse apartment in a building on 72nd and I was living in it for a few weeks.

I spend lots of time in Central Park...and visit Strawberry Fields often.

RIP, John.

Fake news.

Even for a Septic you're pretty damn stupid and naive!!

In August 1971, only weeks after Lennon had recorded Imagine, he and his wife moved to New York and an apartment in the hugely expensive Dakota building, overlooking Central Park. Here, surrounded by the spoils of his long struggle for self-fulfilment, he spent the last years of his life.

By now he was the head of a property empire and owner of a prize herd of Holstein cattle, a collection of Ancient Egyptian relics and an original Renoir painting. His wife worked at a desk inlaid with gold.

During this period, Lennon was often portrayed as a recluse, but in fact the couple were surrounded by assistants, psychics, tarot readers, masseurs, maids, acupuncturists and odd-job people, as well as one man whose sole job was to polish the apartment's brass doorknobs.

Some visitors were struck by the contrast between his millionaire lifestyle and the sentiments of his most famous song. Elton John was astounded to discover that Yoko had a specially refrigerated room just for her fur coats.

In 1980, to mark Lennon's 40th birthday, Elton sent him a little verse: 'Imagine six apartments / It isn't hard to do / One is full of fur coats / The other's full of shoes.'

An older friend, the Beatles' former personal assistant Neil Aspinall, once heard Lennon moaning about the costs of running his business empire. 'Imagine no possessions, John,' Aspinall said. Lennon glared back. 'It's only a bloody song,' he said.

Hear, hear!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...piece-work-epitomised-age-self-obsession.html

Last edited:

Me???????? :whoa:

You're the one basing your opinion of Lennon on a book by some huckster "author" who was six years old when Lennon was killed and as such, obviously never even met the man!!!!

This from an idiot (YOU in case you can't figure it out) who doesn't believe anything written by the vast majority of the world's top climate scientists about climate change. :palm:

It's easy to forget insignificant events.

On that day...I was on 72nd Street at that hour. I was on the East Side...over by the East River. The company I worked for had a penthouse apartment in a building on 72nd and I was living in it for a few weeks.

I spend lots of time in Central Park...and visit Strawberry Fields often.

RIP, John.

Good riddance.

Me???????? :whoa:

You're the one basing your opinion of Lennon on a book by some huckster "author" who was six years old when Lennon was killed and as such, obviously never even met the man!!!!

This from an idiot (YOU in case you can't figure it out) who doesn't believe anything written by the vast majority of the world's top climate scientists about climate change. :palm:

Elton John was a lot older than six in 1980.

In 1980, to mark Lennon's 40th birthday, Elton sent him a little verse: 'Imagine six apartments / It isn't hard to do / One is full of fur coats / The other's full of shoes.'

An older friend, the Beatles' former personal assistant Neil Aspinall, once heard Lennon moaning about the costs of running his business empire. 'Imagine no possessions, John,' Aspinall said. Lennon glared back. 'It's only a bloody song,' he said.

Hear, hear!

Elton John was a lot older than six in 1980.

Just like the portion of the article you posted said.... "Lennon glared back. 'It's only a bloody song,' he said."

I never claimed he was a perfect human being and I'm fairly certain that he had no illusions about himself either. I said right there in the OP that he was a flawed human being, which is what we all are.

You, more than most.

And it's only petty, jealous little nobodies like you and the bitchy, gossipy Britfag who wrote the book you derive your simplistic thoughts and opinions from, who twist and squirm around trying to apply logic to art. Something that does not lend itself logic.

Lennon was a songwriter. He took ideas and crafted songs around those ideas. Imagine was such a song. An idealistically fanciful idea around which he wrote an idealistically fanciful song. Now, small minded little assholes like you and your Britfag hero "author" try to parse every single word, syllable and punctuation mark in an effort to root out examples of hypocrisy that you've already decided exists there.

As for Elton John, why would you quote another ostentatiously wealthy celebrity who is known for his flashy excess, to criticize Lennon for his wealth?

You want to quote Elton John re: John Lennon, I can do that too....

What happened here
As the New York sunset disappeared
I found an empty garden among the flagstones there

Who lived here
He must have been a gardener that cared a lot
Who weeded out the tears and grew a good crop

And now it all looks strange
It's funny how one insect can damage so much grain

And what's it for
This little empty garden by the brownstone door
And in the cracks along the sidewalk nothing grows no more

Who lived here

And we are so amazed, we're crippled and we're dazed
A gardener like that one, no one can replace

And I've been knocking
But no one answers
And I've been knocking
Most all the day
Oh, and I've been calling
Oh, hey hey Johnny
Can't you come out to play

And through their tears
Some say he farmed his best in younger years
But he'd have said that roots grow stronger if only he could hear

Who lived there

Now we pray for rain and with every drop that falls
We hear, we hear your name

And I've been knocking
But no one answers
And I've been knocking
Most all the day

Oh, hey hey Johnny
Can't you come out to play

And I've been knocking
But no one answers
And I've been knocking
Most all the day

Oh, hey hey Johnny
Can't you come out, can't you come out to play

Johnny, can't you come out to play in your empty garden

Yeah, it really sounds like Elton John shared your low idiotic opinion of Lennon.

Idiot.

Last edited:
Back