RIP John Lennon

No man is perfect.

But, I don't see John Lennon as being overly or overtly "Flawed"!

Perhaps the OP would like to expand on that.

EJ just seems to be a dick

I loved his early music which depended on another mans lyrics

hes done a coulpe of great songs since then but I cant help but feel he is a dick in real life

hes done a coulpe of great songs since then but I cant help but feel he is a dick in real life

He certainly seems enjoy a dick in real life at any rate.

Elton John being a concert pianist at the age of 10 certainly did not hurt his musical career.

As he certainly had his share of Top 40 hits, record sales, and memorable hits to last us all a life time, and earned his way into the Rock & Roll Hall of fame.

When Elton John said of John Lennon that he was "Flawed" has to be taken with a little grain of salt.

The world blamed John Lennon and his marriage to Yoko wrongly, in the breakup of the Beatles. And I think Elton John may have wrongly been referring to that by jumping on that easy bandwagon.

Let's not forget that it was George Harrison that said, "I've had it" and walked out- and for good reasons. With Ringo following him out the door!

Last edited:
Elton John being a concert pianist at the age of 10 certainly did not hurt his musical career.

As he certainly had his share of Top 40 hits, record sales, and memorable hits to last us all a life time, and earned his way into the Rock & Roll Hall of fame.

When Elton John said of John Lennon that he was "Flawed" has to be taken with a little grain of salt.

The world blamed John Lennon and his marriage to Yoko wrongly, in the breakup of the Beatles. And I think Elton John may have wrongly been referring to that by jumping on that easy bandwagon.

Let's not forget that it was George Harrison that said, "I've had it" and walked out- and for good reasons. With Ringo following him out the door!

he just seems so full of himself

fame does that to some people

he just seems so full of himself

fame does that to some people

Elton John did not age very well, and many people feel a little estranged and uncomfortable to him when he decided to expose his "flaming" Gay persona to the public and his fans. He probably should of just kept it out of the camara's and microphone's range!

Being privately gay is one thing, but "Flaming Gay" is like an in-your-face-like-it-or-not another.

he did the right thing by being publicly gay

It is the ONLY sane choice unless you face certain death

all gay people are just people

they can be judged on the content of his character lie all people

I just don't get the same enjoyment from his music than when he had Bernie Taupin writing his lyrics

it has a completely different feel

and even his music seems more pedestrian

when he was young and concentrated on just his music

his music was better

Just like the portion of the article you posted said.... "Lennon glared back. 'It's only a bloody song,' he said."

I never claimed he was a perfect human being and I'm fairly certain that he had no illusions about himself either. I said right there in the OP that he was a flawed human being, which is what we all are.

You, more than most.

And it's only petty, jealous little nobodies like you and the bitchy, gossipy Britfag who wrote the book you derive your simplistic thoughts and opinions from, who twist and squirm around trying to apply logic to art. Something that does not lend itself logic.

Lennon was a songwriter. He took ideas and crafted songs around those ideas. Imagine was such a song. An idealistically fanciful idea around which he wrote an idealistically fanciful song. Now, small minded little assholes like you and your Britfag hero "author" try to parse every single word, syllable and punctuation mark in an effort to root out examples of hypocrisy that you've already decided exists there.

As for Elton John, why would you quote another ostentatiously wealthy celebrity who is known for his flashy excess, to criticize Lennon for his wealth?

Man you're truly weird, I loved John Lennon but that crazy Japanese bint totally screwed him up!

I just don't get the same enjoyment from his music than when he had Bernie Taupin writing his lyrics

it has a completely different feel

and even his music seems more pedestrian

when he was young and concentrated on just his music

his music was better

This is where he lost me....

Totally nauseating. :barf:

And I wasn't even bothered by the hair transplants....

Elton-John-BEFORE-and-After.jpg

But at any rate, Elton John has no room to talk about anyone else being a phony sellout.

his music left me

some people don't get MORE creative as they age

some spend out what creative ability they have and bottom out

hes richer than hell

but his talent has faded

his music left me

some people don't get MORE creative as they age

some spend out what creative ability they have and bottom out

hes richer than hell

but his talent has faded

Neil Young is just the opposite.

The older he got, the better he got.

Same with Tom Petty.

they retained the idea of the music

John turned into a one trick pony

I bet Elton writes shit he thinks his fan base will buy

he then writes self absorbed stuff he doesn't release and calls it his art that is above other people

his stuff all sounds like the same damn song

a boring song

he was a tireless worker and organizer and showman for no more war. 60's idealism -but the message was/is sound

Back