RIP Jonathon Winters

He was my favorite comedian growing up. I can't believe this, I was talking to my daughter last night, we were talking about movies and I was telling her about It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World, one of my all-time favorite movies, and when I mentioned Jonathan Winters being in it, she wasn't familiar with the name, so I went to his wiki page to see what else he had been in, and noticed he was still alive... I had thought he passed away several years back, but I must've been thinking of someone else. I told my daughter... he's still alive at 87. Talk about weird?

In any event, if you have never seen Mad World, it's one of the best comedy films of the 60s, in my opinion. I watched an interview not long ago, where Winters was talking about his role in the movie, and something I didn't know... he had just been released from a mental institution when he shot that movie. He suffered from severe manic depression, long before they knew what that was.

I saw a similiar interview. He said that he was reluctant to talk about his mental health issues because he was doing very well financially and he was sure some guy from south of Topeka, Kansas didn't want to hear about his problems.

Yeah, that's why they are killing each other, mutilating themselves with tats and piercings, fucking anything that breathes. Because they are fine.

That was back when comedians had imagination and morals, not like today.

LMAO! You might try reading more about the private lives of the old comedians. Plenty of them were hardcore drinkers, dopers and fucked anything they could.

The kids who get pierced and get tatts are enjoying their freedoms. They aren't killing each other at any faster rate than kids before them did.

Stalking again. Straw men again.

I posted in this thread before you did. lol So now anytime I post in response to some asinine remark you make it is stalking? lol Sorry, but thats not how a debate forum works. Either grow a pair and discuss the issue or put me on ignore and admit I won.

Back