ROLL TIDE ROLL!

• Thread starter Thread starter WinterBorn
  • Start date Start date
W

WinterBorn

Bama had the #7 team (over-rated) come in and we whipped them all over Bryant-Denny Stadium!

The Gators thought they had figured out their offenive issues, but it was just that they were playing Kentucky.

Bama had the #7 team (over-rated) come in and we whipped them all over Bryant-Denny Stadium!

The Gators thought they had figured out their offenive issues, but it was just that they were playing Kentucky.

LOL

It was an awesome game, Alabama kicked their asses. Nothing went Florida's way all night. They killed themselves with turnovers and that one at the goal line was the dagger in the heart, I think.

Is auburn the only one in the SEC left to challenge Bama?

Ark. beaten, Florida spanked, and who is left to beat Bama? LSU had to depend on TN screwing up to beat one of the weakest teams in the SEC. Ole Miss managed to win one yesterday, but has still lost to Vandy. MS State has potential, but not enough guns. SC has lost two games and can't finish. GA is a joke spiralling down the drain. TN has no chance. KY was killed by FL, and we saw what FL has in its bag.

Auburn and the Cam Newton show is what we have left?

So this begs the question, is the SEC weak this year or is Bama THAT good? We still haven't played a complete game up to our potential yet.

Ark. beaten, Florida spanked, and who is left to beat Bama? LSU had to depend on TN screwing up to beat one of the weakest teams in the SEC. Ole Miss managed to win one yesterday, but has still lost to Vandy. MS State has potential, but not enough guns. SC has lost two games and can't finish. GA is a joke spiralling down the drain. TN has no chance. KY was killed by FL, and we saw what FL has in its bag.

So this begs the question, is the SEC weak this year or is Bama THAT good? We still haven't played a complete game up to our potential yet.

South Carolina is a threat, I've been watching them play this year, and they have some talent. LSU is good, and you can't count UT out.. Really, every opponent we face from here on out, is going to be tough, we're the biggest game of the season for them. A win would be huge for any of them.

The SEC isn't weak, just very competitive, and YES, Alabama is THAT good! I don't care how 'not impressed' Mott is!

South Carolina is a threat, I've been watching them play this year, and they have some talent. LSU is good, and you can't count UT out.. Really, every opponent we face from here on out, is going to be tough, we're the biggest game of the season for them. A win would be huge for any of them.

The SEC isn't weak, just very competitive, and YES, Alabama is THAT good! I don't care how 'not impressed' Mott is!

I'm not really counting anyone out. Just not thinking anyone is up to the task.

What worries me the most is that 6 of the remaining teams have a week off before they play us.

I'm not really counting anyone out. Just not thinking anyone is up to the task.

What worries me the most is that 6 of the remaining teams have a week off before they play us.

That's gotten a lot of publicity this year because Nick Saban raised so much hell with the SEC about it, but I've noticed this trend the past several years. I think we had 4 or 5 last year, some of our biggest rivals always take the week of before they play us. It just got ridiculous this year, and Saban got them to change it, next year, no team will have more than 3 opponents with the week off before they play.

I look at this a little differently than most, I know from a 'preparation' standpoint, it has to be an advantage to have that extra week, but if you think about it, that's also an extra week of watching films of our defense annihilating an offense... watching Ingram and Richardson bullride a defense into the endzone... a week of thinking about 13 National Championships... wondering if you are good enough to stay on the field with the Tide... pondering what Nick Saban might have planned for you... an extra week for Alabama to get inside the heads of 19-22-year-old young men! I think, while it might be a detriment to others, it could actually play in our favor this year.

The team that beats Bama will be a team that can run the ball against them. I could be wrong. Cam at Auborn is a slower version of Pryor. Bama vs Auborn is gonna be a war this year.

The team that beats Bama will be a team that can run the ball against them. I could be wrong. Cam at Auborn is a slower version of Pryor. Bama vs Auborn is gonna be a war this year.

The Gators were hoping Dempsey and Burton could run against us. That didn't work out. I think a big power back might have better luck. Our rush doesn't get as many sacks, but it does get hurries and contains the run.

BTW, glad to see Pryor back. That is the slowest looking fast guy I have ever seen.

South Carolina's problem will be that Garcia is a risk taker, and will try to force passes. That didn't work before and it won't work this time.

LSU has a good defense, but their offense is terrible. The Tide will roll there too.

UT doesn't have what it takes to compete. Auburn is the biggest threat, but their entire offense rests with Cam Newton and his fav receiver Adams. Our defense will stop both.

The question is which team will have the chance to be beaten twice in one year by the Crimson Tide? (the gators know how that feels)

The Gators were hoping Dempsey and Burton could run against us. That didn't work out. I think a big power back might have better luck. Our rush doesn't get as many sacks, but it does get hurries and contains the run.

BTW, glad to see Pryor back. That is the slowest looking fast guy I have ever seen.
I dunno....teams are moving the ball against Bama on the ground but it hasn't translated in points. You can throw the ball against Bama to but your theiven corners give pause to consider that may not be such a good idear. Thus to beat Bama a teams going to have to beat them with the run while stopping theirs. A tall order. I'm convinced now Bama is #1. One thing is for sure. Who ever wins the SEC west will win the SEC.

I dunno....teams are moving the ball against Bama on the ground but it hasn't translated in points. You can throw the ball against Bama to but your theiven corners give pause to consider that may not be such a good idear. Thus to beat Bama a teams going to have to beat them with the run while stopping theirs. A tall order. I'm convinced now Bama is #1. One thing is for sure. Who ever wins the SEC west will win the SEC.

I think the key is that no one will stop a good team 100% of teh time. Bama has stopped teams in the red zone and held down big plays (except in the first half against the Hawgs).

I agree the run is the best way to go against us, but a speedy scat-back isn't going to do as well as a big power back.

Yes, it's a tall order to stop Alabama's run, no one has been able to for all 4 quarters. Did you see Richardson basically pancake an All-American linebacker for Florida, and carry half the team to the goal line? Then, they send in his 'backup' ...the Heisman Trophy winner! LOL

Yes, it's a tall order to stop Alabama's run, no one has been able to for all 4 quarters. Did you see Richardson basically pancake an All-American linebacker for Florida, and carry half the team to the goal line? Then, they send in his 'backup' ...the Heisman Trophy winner! LOL

What was even better was seeing Richardson make a tackle on a kickoff.

The kid can tear holes in defenses or tackle like a linebacker.

Yes, people move the ball but Bama stops them from getting in the end zone.

roll tide, around the hole and down the bowl where they belong.
It might not be the tigers, but the tide is going down.

roll tide, around the hole and down the bowl where they belong.
It might not be the tigers, but the tide is going down.

You think? No team goes undefeated forever, but who is left on our schedule that can do it?

The Gamecocks?
The Rebels?
Ms State?
GA State?

Auburn is the best candidate, but that is iffy at best. And if we play Florida again, they better have improved immensely if they want a different outcome. Stacking the box obviously didn't work.

I guess Spurrier and the Gamecocks answered this question.

South Carolina's problem will be that Garcia is a risk taker, and will try to force passes. That didn't work before and it won't work this time.

LSU has a good defense, but their offense is terrible. The Tide will roll there too.

UT doesn't have what it takes to compete. Auburn is the biggest threat, but their entire offense rests with Cam Newton and his fav receiver Adams. Our defense will stop both.

The question is which team will have the chance to be beaten twice in one year by the Crimson Tide? (the gators know how that feels)
Really?

Back