ROLL TIDE ROLL!

• Thread starter Thread starter WinterBorn
  • Start date Start date
No idea. I am guessing, based on the praise heaped on us during the previous week, we should drop no lower than the 5 to 7 range.
Oh it's going to be a bigger drop then that. Bama will drop to the 7 to 10 range. I wouldn't sweat it though. A lot of football left to be played and a 1 lost SEC team still has an excellent chance to go to the NCG. Poor LSWho can't get no love. They can't do anything right but win games. Their undefeated but cause they've won ugly Les Miles is taking a bunch of shit. Well I'd take winning ugly over losing with style any day. It's time to admit that maybe LSWho is better than we are giving them credit for.

I wasn't surprised with the Gamecocks win. I previously stated that it would be a team with a well balances offense with a strong running game and defense that would beat Bama and USC fits that bill. Garcia played a hell of a game too. Every time Bama got back in the game, they did a great job of taking it back away from them and then eating up the clock. I have a much healthier respect for both USC and Auborn now.

My surprise of the day was Illinois. To state the obvious there a better team then people gave them credit for and PSU has been a major disappointment this year. Who would have thought at the beginning of this season that at the halfway point OSU's toughest opponent would be Illinois? Go figure. Well that changes next week up in Camp Randall. If we don't bring our A game we won't be #1 for long.

I wonder if the pollsters would be stupid enough to leap frog Oregon over OSU? Neither team has changed much in personnel, except Oregon lost Mazzoli their starting QB. Their competition so far has been even weaker then the Buckeyes and they've ran up scores with their starters when OSU was scoring not as many points with their third stringers. Let's not forget the ass raping OSU gave the flightless Ducks last year in the Rose Bowl and I'll be shocked if they leap from the Ducks over the Bucks. Having said that, the sports writers are blythering idiots so I can't say it would surprise me that much.

Here's an interesting scenario. I think Michigan State is the surprise team of the year. If MSU's beats Iowa, they'll probably run the table and go undefeated. If that were to happen and OSU were to go undefeated and they were the only two undefeated teams in the BCS polls.....should they play each other in the NCG?

Bama will drop no lower than 6th, I believe.

OSU will be #1, Oregon #2. But neither have played a very tough opponent, so it remains to be seen if they will stay there. A LOT of football is left to be played, and while Bama certainly hurt their chances of repeating as BCS National Champs, I wouldn't count them completely out of the picture, it is possible for them to crawl back in the hunt. They will have to run the table, beat Auburn's Cam Newton, and win the SEC Championship, probably against USC again. It's a tall order, but definitely doable.

Oh it's going to be a bigger drop then that. Bama will drop to the 7 to 10 range. I wouldn't sweat it though. A lot of football left to be played and a 1 lost SEC team still has an excellent chance to go to the NCG. Poor LSWho can't get no love. They can't do anything right but win games. Their undefeated but cause they've won ugly Les Miles is taking a bunch of shit. Well I'd take winning ugly over losing with style any day. It's time to admit that maybe LSWho is better than we are giving them credit for.

Looks like they put Bama down to #8. LSWho is coming in at #9. lol That shows a lotta respect for Miles, huh?

Auburn has played solid ball, but are not that great. They took it down to the wire to beat the team Florida destroyed.

The Tide Still have most of their fate in their hands. If they win out the SEC West, it's likely they'll get a rematch against the USC. I'd put my money on Bama in that game. I don't think Auborn has the defense to beat Bama and I don't think LSU has the offense to beat Bama so I think there's a real good chance Bama's still gonna win the SEC. To get to the NCG though BAMA needs help. Besides winning the SEC they need the following teams to lose a game. Ohio State, Oregon, Oklahoma, Nebraska and Michigan State. Boise and TCU losing a game wouldn't hurt but they could both go undefeated and if the other teams listed lose a game Bama would leap frog either Boise or TCU to play in the NCG so all is not lost for Bama national championship aspirations.

Having said that and if I was a betting man, I don't think that's going to happen. My guess is Oregon will lose a game. However I suspect that in the Big 12 either Nebraska or Oklahoma will go undefeated and that in the Big 10 either OSU or MSU will go undefeated. Bama fans should start rooting for Iowa cause there good enough to beat both the Bucks and the Spartans. OK and Nebraska will probably play each other in the the Big 12 championship game and Bama fans had better hope for a scenario like Oklahoma losing a regular season game but winning the Big 12 championship game.

I'm betting that the NCG will be the Big 12 Champ vs Big 10 Champ as I think there will be one undefeated team from both of those conferences at the end of the year.

Bama has all control, win out and they are in the big one.
They will lose again, they have been exposed as one dimensional.

Bama has all control, win out and they are in the big one.
They will lose again, they have been exposed as one dimensional.
You're wrong there. If Boise State and a team from the Big 10, Big 12, SEC or Pac 10 goes undefeated, then Bama won't go to the NCG. If two teams coming from the Big 10, Big 12, SEC or Pac 10 goes undefeated Bama again is screwed.

If Boise and TCU are the only undefeated teams left when the dust settles, then Bama would probably leap frog TCU but if there are two or more undefeated Big 6 BCS conference teams left when the dust settles then Bama is screwed. I'm sure if they remain a 1 loss team the'll play a BCS game.

shit watch and see the undefeateds fall
The big question is Boise, granted any Big Ten or Pac 10 undefeateds are in ahead of 1 loss bama.

shit watch and see the undefeateds fall
The big question is Boise, granted any Big Ten or Pac 10 undefeateds are in ahead of 1 loss bama.
Well there are 13 undefeated's left. 4 are in non-BCS conferences so Bama doesn't have to worry about them. 2 are SEC Teams that Bama plays so they only need to beat them. That leaves 7 teams in the Big 10, Big 12 and Pac 10 who are undefeated.

Of those 7;

Mizzou and OK State haven't played a good team yet, My guess is they lose 2 to 4 games each.

Oklahoma probably doesn't have a good enough defense to go undefeated but the Big 12 is weak this year and they could go undefeated.

Nebraska appears to be the cream of the Big 12. They have a great defense and a great running attack but can't throw the ball. With Texas being off this year and Oklahoma having a mediocre defense, they could go undefeated.

Oregon still has to play USC, Arizona and Oregon State. They'll proably lose one of those.

Ohio State has to play Wisconsin and Iowa on the road and have not impressed with their running game. They could lose one of those games or choke against Purdue like they did last year. I feel confident we can beat Wisconsin. If Iowa beats Wisconsin and and gives MSU their first loss....then the OSU/Iowa game should be a good one. I'd say OSU has a good chance to go undefeated but no better than 50:50 at this point. MSU, I think Iowa will beat them.

So I'd say the real big worry for Bama is that there's a real good chance the winner of the Big 12 championship game will be an undefeated team and if Iowa stumbles then there's a real good chance either OSU or MSU will be undefeated.

If a big twelve and big ten or pac 10 team are undefeated then they go period. I don't think any SEC fans are saying otherwise.
I don't even have a problem with Boise, as I think they are that good.
They would consistantly have 2 loses a year in the SEC or Big 10

If a big twelve and big ten or pac 10 team are undefeated then they go period. I don't think any SEC fans are saying otherwise.
I don't even have a problem with Boise, as I think they are that good.
They would consistantly have 2 loses a year in the SEC or Big 10
Yea I agree and if your going to lose a game and still have a shot at the NCG then this is the time to lose it.

This was too funny not to share:

Headline: An apparent supporter of Barack Obama threw a book at him at a Democrat rally in Philadelphia, narrowly missing the US President.

My sister replies: Who knew Greg McElroy was in the crowd?

Back