Sandy Berger As We Suspected

Yepper.
Why do you think things like that have no criminal consequences for them. Just an ethics sham of a smack on the wrist or something.

Yepper.
Why do you think things like that have no criminal consequences for them. Just an ethics sham of a smack on the wrist or something.

But, Foley can be prosecuted from what I've read. I guess it's only some laws? That's messed up, and I didn't know this.

What a racket we gave to them. I can't believe we let them get away with this crap. They work hours that I belive it would be over-generous to describe as "part-time", they have the best health care in the world, the best. Vacations that most of us can only dream about, not to mention the paid time off to take them all. All paid for by us, in one way or the other. They eat out on the dime of the lobbyists, which we again pay for. And to top that off, they're not subject to some of our laws. I mean, if you really think about it, don't you kind of think that if things got bad enough in this country, really bad economically, you could imagine it getting to the point where Americans just set up a big ole guillotine in DC and started chopping some heads? I can see it.

Do you mean the restaurants? Or Berger?
congress and Berger types.
As far as I am concerned restaurants can sell Kangaroo or Opossum if they can find anyone to buy it. Possum Pate' anyone ?
Or maybe a possum hot wings chain of stores with wimmen in skimpy clothing serving ya ?

Last edited:
congress and Berger types.
As far as I am concerned restaurants can sell Kangaroo or Opossum if they can find anyone to buy it. Possum Pate' anyone ?
Or maybe a possum hot wings chain of stores with wimmen in skimpy clothing serving ya ?

LOL! I don't know how they got started on making special exemptions, but I know they did so with social security back in the 30's. Kind of points out they actually KNOW what they are doing to the citizens, no?

You might have to use the french word for pussum to sell it though. Like they do with snails.....

Yes they know what they are doing and don't want it done to them, just to the "little people"....

You might have to use the french word for pussum to sell it though. Like they do with snails.....

Yes they know what they are doing and don't want it done to them, just to the "little people"....

Well the Porkbusters have a start on earmarks, perhaps we can get a grassroots movement for not electing people for either major party that won't refuse to vote yes on any bills with exceptions? Both state and local.

That would be nice, and I would go for it.

Gee, did I just hear a Kumbaya moment? Oh no, it was Christmas song. :clink:
I think that might be a good thing to see if can't get rolling on. Truth is, we do need some things that bring us citizens together.

Yeah, but Fear has been bringing us together lately, not reason and forthought in our decisions.

I see little or no 'bringing us together' for at least 15 years. There are the dems and there are the reps. There is seldom, I guess the first 72 hours after 9/11 being the exception, just us citizens.

Fear? I really sense little fear among people of any political persuasion. We fly, complain yes, but fly. We go to work, the movies, we write on messageboards and blogs. We play with our kids and care for our parents.

Yet, we are so different? That we cannot tolerate dems or republicans? :confused:

Why would anybody want to eat Foie Gras? Not only that, but what they do to the animals to make it is just plain sick.

I've had it a few times, not bad. I liked it simpled sauted rather than cooked in a tureen. The ducks and geese that are used for foie gras production probable live a much better life than the million of chickens that Tyson kills everyday.

Last edited:
Yes, but I don't buy Tyson Chickens either... Chickens too are force fed and live in horrid conditions. Anyway, when mass-producing Foie Gras the Geese are kept in tiny cages, their beaks removed, they are force-fed through a tube. No, their lives are not all that great.

Why would anybody want to eat Foie Gras? Not only that, but what they do to the animals to make it is just plain sick.

I would not eat it either, most people don't. Yet, I don't want that sort of legislation going on, at whatever level. It's fine for animal rights people to inform the public about the conditions, let the word out, let the markets work.

I have to admit, it seems as if Sandy Berger is guilty as charged. Now, who on the right can claim that they claimed he was guilty based on anything other than desire?

Desire? To what? He took info, hid it under a trailer and then later returned to it to destroy it...

If I had done this while I worked at Ft. George G. Meade I'd still be in Leavenworth now! I hate when the "powerful" get a pass...

You missed my point, Damocles. I was speaking about the many right wingers who declared him guilty when the accusations were first made, WITHOUT ANY SUBSTANTIATION.

Back