SEC Overrated?

One of the common complaints along this line is that we do not go play at the other teams home field.

I will admit that we schedule some cupcakes. Given who else we play, I have no problem with that.

But we also take 50k+ fans with us when we go. Most of those teams don't have facilities to have 50k people watch their game. Given the penchant for Bama fans getting tickets, wouldn't it suck to have a game at your home field and have none of your fans in the stands? lol
You're rationalizing. Try scheduling Ohio State or Michigan. I promise you. That won't be a problem. if you keep scheduling cupcake non-conf sun belt and ohio valley Iaa teams then the SEC deserves it's reputation of running away from good teams. I mean, year in year out the SEC is a strong conference. But right now your only 1 team better then the Big 10 or Pac 10 and if you keep playing the inbreeding game you'll lose your edge. You've got to play some outside blood and do it on the road if you want that kind of respect. Part of this I blame on the BCS. What incentive does the SEC have to play a non-conf schedule.

What would really piss me off if I was an SEC fan (other then the big 3 Bama, Florida and LSWho) is the way the SEC officials blatantly protect the top 3 teams BCS standings. Though I have to admit. SEC officials are still a step ahead of those slow, fat old slugs the ACC hires.

Your prejudices are showing, Mott.

Bama played ranked teams to start the season for two years in a row.

And have you at least glanced at Bama's schedule for next year and the year after?
Bama! That was it (and kudos to Bama)!! What about the rest of the SEC? After Bama the next toughest non-conf game played in the entire conference was when LSWho played Washington on the road and almost lost! Florida's non-conf schedule was a joke!

PAC10 and Big10 are cupcake conferences Period.
When only one team can win them, your trying to make me laugh saying they are tough.
It's all USC and Ohio slow, and they come out of the cream puff conf and get raped against real conf champions. FACT

Your prejudices are showing, Mott.

Bama played ranked teams to start the season for two years in a row.

And have you at least glanced at Bama's schedule for next year and the year after?

Bama has a home and home with Penn St which is nice. Those should be great games.

They also have San Jose St, Duke, Georgia State, Georgia Southern and Louisiana-Monroe the next two years. Not much to write home about there.

Florida of course doesn't leave the state the next two years for its OOC games and plays a bunch of nobodies.

PAC10 and Big10 are cupcake conferences Period.
When only one team can win them, your trying to make me laugh saying they are tough.
It's all USC and Ohio slow, and they come out of the cream puff conf and get raped against real conf champions. FACT

FACT: Pac 10 had a winning record during the 2000's vs. the SEC.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it Toppy.

FACT: Pac 10 had a winning record during the 2000's vs. the SEC.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it Toppy.

tell me about championships, not about SC playing arkansas to start the season. LSU rolled up most of your conf

Again what's not creampuff about 1 team dominating a bunch of unranked teams in it's conference. Same as Ohio slow, you the champ or children then Texas rolls your ass up.

tell me about championships, not about SC playing arkansas to start the season. LSU rolled up most of your conf

Again what's not creampuff about 1 team dominating a bunch of unranked teams in it's conference. Same as Ohio slow, you the champ or children then Texas rolls your ass up.
Well we would if we actually had one. Until then...the debate continues and until the rest of the SEC (give Bama a pass) have the balls to play outside their own back yard, then the rest of the nation is just gonna roll our eyes and laugh at ya with your trash talk and say "Come up and play us sometime" knowing for the most part ya'll are to chickenshit to do that.

Well we would if we actually had one. Until then...the debate continues and until the rest of the SEC (give Bama a pass) have the balls to play outside their own back yard, then the rest of the nation is just gonna roll our eyes and laugh at ya with your trash talk and say "Come up and play us sometime" knowing for the most part ya'll are to chickenshit to do that.

total pussy in denial, your conference signed up for the BCS Championship game. Now you could man up and take defeat like a man. Or you could whine 24/7 like a little bitch who didn't even go to Ohio slow.

We see what you chose

total pussy in denial, your conference signed up for the BCS Championship game. Now you could man up and take defeat like a man. Or you could whine 24/7 like a little bitch who didn't even go to Ohio slow.

We see what you chose
Why? The other Big 6 conferences aren't running away from competition like the SEC does.

Besides, what's the big deal? So the south east has good amature teams. Big whoops. When the big boys play there's only one consistently good southern team east of the Mississippi and south of the Mason Dixon line. That's Miami.

Amen, Brother!
Saturday night 9pm EDT, ESPN is doing a 2 hour special about the "U".
While there are a lot of coaches that get more publicity, it was Schnellenburger who changed the game by showing that speed defeats size. The other Fla teams soon caught on as shown by their more recent success, then the South and now the country. In 11 BCS Championships, Fla teams won four times in a state not as big as California or Texas.

Amen, Brother!
Saturday night 9pm EDT, ESPN is doing a 2 hour special about the "U".
While there are a lot of coaches that get more publicity, it was Schnellenburger who changed the game by showing that speed defeats size. The other Fla teams soon caught on as shown by their more recent success, then the South and now the country. In 11 BCS Championships, Fla teams won four times in a state not as big as California or Texas.
Uhhh....I was refering to the Dolphins.

Back