APP - Senator Kennedy became one of my heroes!

Is it entertaining to you that two guys are debating the moral/legal implications of abortion? (Are they both guys?)

I haven't read through the whole thread, but I haven't seen a single offer for either to take in a teenaged, homeless pregnant child and adopt her crack-addicted baby.

I don't know the political affiliations of either of these guys, and don't know which is which, quite frankly.

But this is ridiculous. It is the woman's choice. If the father is the husband, then it has to be a consensus between the two.

I believe in quality, not quantity, of life.

Yes, two guys.

Nobody ever mentions the man's part in this either, as if every man who is notified of an unplanned pregnancy is jumping for joy over the event. I agree with your comment about consensus, and also favor quality over quantity.

Another voice of reason. What makes men think they have any voice at all in this discussion? Man up, guys, then you have every reason to voice an opinion.

(I love ya, Christie)

Yes, two guys.

Nobody ever mentions the man's part in this either, as if every man who is notified of an unplanned pregnancy is jumping for joy over the event. I agree with your comment about consensus, and also favor quality over quantity.

Is it entertaining to you that two guys are debating the moral/legal implications of abortion? (Are they both guys?)

I haven't read through the whole thread, but I haven't seen a single offer for either to take in a teenaged, homeless pregnant child and adopt her crack-addicted baby.

I don't know the political affiliations of either of these guys, and don't know which is which, quite frankly.

But this is ridiculous. It is the woman's choice. If the father is the husband, then it has to be a consensus between the two.

It is entertaining when somebody mentions it and doesn't comprehend that nobody is arguing forcing anybody to be pregnant. You don't read the thread, jump to conclusions then make assumptions based on what you normally say. It isn't salient here.

I believe that society is better off without liberals. Am I therefore justified if I kill a few?

Yeah, very funny... I don't think I'll be laughing at your predicament.

It's one thing to believe in and follow religion teachings, and another for believers to think they know how God will judge people when they die.

Personally, there's a line I don't cross when contemplating the mind of God.

It's one thing to believe in and follow religion teachings, and another for believers to think they know how God will judge people when they die.

Personally, there's a line I don't cross when contemplating the mind of God.

BTW - you should take notice that "not knowing how God will judge people" is an excuse to do anything under the sun. People are supposed to respect God enough to know that if something is wrong, they shouldn't play dumb.

There should be loads of lines that you don't cross, such as the various requests on our part which the Bible quite clearly.

BTW - you should take notice that "not knowing how God will judge people" is an excuse to do anything under the sun.

It's only an excuse for those who want to do wrong, and are looking for justification.

People are supposed to respect God enough to know that if something is wrong, they shouldn't play dumb.

I agree, but there are lots of people who do it. For example, look how many so-called good Christians trash Islam and Muslims.

There should be loads of lines that you don't cross, such as the various requests on our part which the Bible quite clearly.

Could you clarify? Something seems to be missing.

That's not the kind of line I was talking about. I was referring to how far people can go in their efforts to explain how God will judge humanity.

God will probably judge us on the very requests of us He makes in the Bible (I meant to say "quite clearly outlines" earlier). For example, Jesus asks us to partake in communion or we will not have life within us. The 10 Commandments and Golden Rule come to mind. Things like that. If I choose to ignore those, I can be pretty confident I will be judged accordingly.

I also don't see what is wrong with trashing heresy, as you alluded to in the earlier post.

God will probably judge us on the very requests of us He makes in the Bible (I meant to say "quite clearly outlines" earlier). For example, Jesus asks us to partake in communion or we will not have life within us. The 10 Commandments and Golden Rule come to mind. Things like that. If I choose to ignore those, I can be pretty confident I will be judged accordingly.

I also don't see what is wrong with trashing heresy, as you alluded to in the earlier post.

It goes to my argument about how much mortals can know the mind of God. I would never say that Muslims or any other religious group will be judged harsher than Catholics or Christians. I also think that the vast majority of religions have some version of the Golden Rule.

That's not the kind of line I was talking about. I was referring to how far people can go in their efforts to explain how God will judge humanity.

my opinion....

god judged humanity by sending his own son to die for our sins....god will judge our humanity through his son's advocacy

i don't see how you can get more powerful than that

It goes to my argument about how much mortals can know the mind of God. I would never say that Muslims or any other religious group will be judged harsher than Catholics or Christians. I also think that the vast majority of religions have some version of the Golden Rule.

As far as Catholics go, I certainly think that clergy have greater responsibility for their actions than laypeople, so perhaps people who are not Christian will likewise be judged less critically for their conduct.

That said, I think people who claim to follow the Bible will be expected to have heeded its requests.

He and the Southern Man have a lot in common.

Except that Eastwood actually DOES call it as he sees it, is successful, intelligent, decent looking, coherent, knows the difference between a mole hill and a mountain, he has skied before, and is libertarian, not Republitard.

Other than that, you guys might have something in common, but we know it cant be an ancestor, because yours are Adam and Eve, and his are real.

Last edited:
Back