Sh*t Southern Women Say

cawacko

I lived in the South as a kid and my future-ex is from Texas so this made me laugh out loud. They may be over doing it on the accents but it's damn funny.

Very cute. You told me years ago you were going to end up marrying a Southerner. That's pretty funny.

Haha, good memory! They're not too many of them running around San Francisco but it is funny how I ended up with one.

Cawacko you haven't spent too much time down here. The accents were soft

Haha, I know you can get some crazy ones (for whatever reason I love the southern accent) but I know not everyone is like that. (However you would know better so maybe that is the norm, just not in my experience)

Very cute. You told me years ago you were going to end up marrying a Southerner. That's pretty funny.
Let that be a warning to all you Southern gals. If you don't go to school and study hard and learn to speak English proper like..ya'll can end up married to a Wacko!

My ex was from the north. It was so bad that I went to find my next one in another country.

It's like night and day.:)

F_Michigan_bro.jpg

Cawacko you haven't spent too much time down here. The accents were soft

HAHAHAHAHAHA!! I always thought Texas women had the thickest accents I'd ever heard...then I drove cross the border to Louisiana.

Good LORD y'all got some thick accents!

And my favorite Southern aphorism has to be "fixin".

What you do BEFORE you begin to head to whatever activity you've got planned.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!! I always thought Texas women had the thickest accents I'd ever heard...then I drove cross the border to Louisiana.

I got transferred to Houston after grad school and would have a slow drawl Texan tell me weekly that I talk funny!

I lived in Dallas for three years as a kid before moving to Oakland. My mom told me I came home crying from the first day in fourth grade because I got made fun of for how I spoke (the accent). She said I lost it REAL quick.

Even today though if I've been drinking and meet someone new they'll ask me where I'm from and say they can hear an accent. Strange.

As a southerner, allow me to explain. "Fixin" is a perfectly logical time period. It is longer than a minute, but not as long as "in a while". It allows the southern male to announce he is ready, without pressuring the southern belle too much.

The texan's accent is a little different, and the Lousianna accent can be hugely different. I am guessing you were referring to the southern accent in Louisanna and not a cajun or creole accent.

I am a huge fan of southern women. I have just started seeing one that has a strong accent, but it is the cultured southern accent, as opposed to the harsher redneck accent. Southern women are a delight. My first wife was a yankee (from Vermont). I am not saying there is anything wrong with non-southern women. But these ladies down here are deceptive. They appear so soft and polite, as any belle should be. But never mistake that for weakness or think that she is actually soft on the inside. She'll rip you a new one, and do it in such a way that you will thank her for the experience. lol

The old south is a matriarchal society. Those outside the south often miss that, because there was almost always a man standing in front. But trust me when I say, the women ran the show.

Back