Shocker!: The wingnuts have bascially run out of anything substantive to say

Well, honestly, I think this is the first time in history I've ever heard any poster -- liberal or conservative - say that a rich person can't enjoy their money, and can't have a nice big house. And if they burn green energy to power it, bravo for them.

And for some strange reason, this demand that rich people move into smaller houses never occured until the day after last weeks Oscar awards.

Coincidence? Or, deliberate flailing about to find some reason to attack gore for hypocrisy? We report, you decide.

;)

So you are saying that currently green energy has a limitless supply?

Effectively, yes. Solar, wind, and biomass are either limitless in supply, or renewable. The only "green" source that Gore's utility company uses that isn't renewable is methane. But, Gore's retrofitting his house with photovolatic solar cells, so that may not be an issue.

Don't you want commercial demand for clean, low-emission, green energy to grow? Why would you ask people to REDUCE their demand for clean, green energy? Aren't we supposed to be growing that industry so that we're not slaves to the saudis?
I thought you could farm methane from manure. What do you mean it isn't renewable? There is nothing more "renewable" than manure.

I thought you could farm methane from manure. What do you mean it isn't renewable? There is nothing more "renewable" than manure.

I didn't think of that. You're probably right. I was thinking of methane from gas fields. Although I doubt methane from manure is commercially viable at this point.

I didn't think of that. You're probably right. I was thinking of methane from gas fields. Although I doubt methane from manure is commercially viable at this point.
Someone should tell Dixie. He's making an enormous investment in the raw material.

Cypress, I am not suggesting they cannot enjoy their money. They just have to enjoy it in the manner in which I prescribe for them. :foil:

;)

Personally, I think if he truly cared about the environment, he would continue planting trees (or whatever method of carbon offset he is using) and REDUCE his extravagant usages of energy. That way, instead of being neutral, he would be having a positive effect.

But it is tough admittedly for the wealthy and spoiled Al Gore to squeeze into anything less than 10,000 square feet given his recent massive weight gain. :D

I corrected your spelling.

"How big of a house does Rush and the pundit lugnuts live in ?"

They don't give a crap about the greens.... at least we know they stand up for the wasteful lives they live, rather than acting like they are green ;)

What is a 'carbon offset'? Is that some new way liberals can justify continuing to pollute our atmosphere with their private jets and stuff?

It's the way all rich people, including neocon fascists will continue to live as they please while the rest of us will not be allowed to breathe.

Back